Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Five Years ago today - Rocky Mountain Rainbow

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Same. We got a rescue dog that day and named her Raven after the game - knew they were going to win it all.

She's an awesome dog
    That is funny, had my dog 8 years now, but she was a Rescue dog, she is all black mix of a papilliion and something else. Never seen another like her. She is also named Raven. She was abandoned on side of the road in a ditch along with 3 other dogs who all were so sick they didn't make it. She is one tough dog. My wifes friend saw someone dump them and picked them up.

Only way i was letting my family keep her was if i chose her name. She is the size of a shitzu but the spirit of a Rottweiler. She is a great guard dog, anyone comes on my property or near my house and she attacks. My mail man is the coolest guy in the world, and she tries getting him every day. The most territorial dog i have ever seen. She caught two teenagers setting a fire next to my neighbors house.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sawraven1 View Post
    That is funny, had my dog 8 years now, but she was a Rescue dog, she is all black mix of a papilliion and something else. Never seen another like her. She is also named Raven. She was abandoned on side of the road in a ditch along with 3 other dogs who all were so sick they didn't make it. She is one tough dog. My wifes friend saw someone dump them and picked them up.

Only way i was letting my family keep her was if i chose her name. She is the size of a shitzu but the spirit of a Rottweiler. She is a great guard dog, anyone comes on my property or near my house and she attacks. My mail man is the coolest guy in the world, and she tries getting him every day. The most territorial dog i have ever seen. She caught two teenagers setting a fire next to my neighbors house.
    Great stuff, ours was abandoned in the street in front of a FedEx and the mother didn't make it. She's also very territorial and really protective. Very very loyal dog who loves to play football.
    World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

The offense was a completely different beast during that post season. I think it's because Cam was fired and Caldwell didn't know what he was doing yet. Harbaugh doesn't know offense, so they just let Joe be Joe and play. Amazing how that worked out and we haven't seen anything close to it before or after that playoff run.

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    It was at this exact moment that I knew they were going to the Super Bowl that year. NE never stood a chance.
    I won so much money betting people that we were going to destroy NE. One friend and I made a bar tab bet...I bought some many girls shots...definitely had fun that night. Many times

Still the best football game I've ever seen. I don't know how that could ever be topped.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Seen it before, but watching that video brought back all the memories for that game.

The Ravens never made it easy but damn they were fun to watch.

Still one of the best reads you can find. The game thread from that day. Start where Jacoby doesn't catch the 3rd down pass from Flacco on the final drive

https://forum.russellstreetreport.co...Denver/page102
    That thread is EPIC. We went from putting Jacoby in the same breath as Evans, Housh and Cundiff to straight uphoria. I love it!

Quote Originally Posted by cvilleRaven View Post
    Still the best football game I've ever seen. I don't know how that could ever be topped.
    Those 5 years of Ravens offense i felt like every game was ours to win. No matter who the opponent, Flacco could go up and down the field and we would score a FG or TD

Now, feeling is total opposite. I Feel like every game its going to be a failure and i hate that feeling.

The only thing consistent with this team any more, is its "inconsistency".

Quote Originally Posted by sawraven1 View Post
    Those 5 years of Ravens offense i felt like every game was ours to win. No matter who the opponent, Flacco could go up and down the field and we would score a FG or TD

Now, feeling is total opposite. I Feel like every game its going to be a failure and i hate that feeling.

The only thing consistent with this team any more, is its "inconsistency".
    I still feel like Flacco has the ability to do it. I just don't see the receivers catching the ball, or the defense holding the lead if he does.

In 2012, the team was hungry for a championship. Now, it just doesn't feel like any of them have that drive.

Quote Originally Posted by Trackmaster View Post
    2012, the last time the play-offs had any real excitement. Since then, its all been #1 seeds in the SB (with the exception of the obligatory Cowboys choke-job, followed by the Falcons choke-job). The play-offs need a little Baltimore in them to keep the upsets fresh, and to keep the Patriots and Seahawks of the world out of it.
    2014 was still exciting for us.

Quote Originally Posted by cvilleRaven View Post
    I still feel like Flacco has the ability to do it. I just don't see the receivers catching the ball, or the defense holding the lead if he does.

In 2012, the team was hungry for a championship. Now, it just doesn't feel like any of them have that drive.
    This. I just watched a video of all of Joe's TD passes during that playoff run. Practically every pass to Boldin would have been an incomplete as well as the 2nd TD to Torrey and at least one to Jacoby. Now, if it's not a perfect throw, it's likely not a catch

Quote Originally Posted by purple_city39 View Post
    This. I just watched a video of all of Joe's TD passes during that playoff run. Practically every pass to Boldin would have been an incomplete as well as the 2nd TD to Torrey and at least one to Jacoby. Now, if it's not a perfect throw, it's likely not a catch
    Most good catches I see on tv now I text my buddies "no Raven makes that catch", to this day I've never had someone disagree.
    We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid. - Benjamin Franklin