Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Five Years ago today - Rocky Mountain Rainbow

I remember that play and where I was at. Buffalo Wild Wings with my son, place was packed and loud. Got real quiet for a bit when Joe hit Jacoby with that bomb. Kinda like stunned silence. Lol. That was quite a Super Bowl run for the Ravens that year.

Was reminded of this thread after thinking about the Saints/Vikings game.

Does Saints safety Marcus Williams replace Rahim Moore as the go-to DB whose misplay cost his team a trip to the championship game?

Blog Entries

Minnesota Miracle

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

MSN has an article this morning listing the 11 greatest plays in the playoffs. How in the blue hell does the Mile High Miracle not make a list like that yet last night's play by Minnesota now comes in at #7?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl...cid=spartandhp

Quote Originally Posted by YorkRavensFan View Post
    MSN has an article this morning listing the 11 greatest plays in the playoffs. How in the blue hell does the Mile High Miracle not make a list like that yet last night's play by Minnesota now comes in at #7?

Good question... I live in Minnesota now and haven't heard a mention of the Mile High Miracle here. It's almost like it never existed... Maybe the fact that it only tied the game for the Ravens, rather than won it with time running out is why it's not looked at the same way. Maybe it's just Ravens fans that view it as a Season/Franchise defining play. Maybe the rest of the world sees it as a play that was made with 30 seconds still on the clock and only sent it to overtime, rather than sealing the victory.

Personally, I view the Flacco to Jones throw and catch to be better than this play... After all, we made the play against a great defense, not that sieve of a D New Orleans trots on the field year after year.

That entire game gets criminally underrated when it comes great playoff games. Both teams had to pull plays out of there ass on Offence, Defense, and special teams. The Ravens needed a miracle just to force it into overtime, and then double overtime in sub-freezing temperatures. That game had it all. I don't get it.

Blog Entries

You know why. It's bad for Peyton but good for Flacco. Plus it was good for Baltimore. So it gets buried.

It's the imaginary "inferiority complex" I guess.

Because we all know all players/teams get related the same by the media...

Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post
    You know why. It's bad for Peyton but good for Flacco. Plus it was good for Baltimore. So it gets buried.

It's the imaginary "inferiority complex" I guess.

Because we all know all players/teams get related the same by the media...
    It's so unfair how much the whole world hates Flacco and Baltimore.

I still recall how depressed I was that Peyton had beaten Baltimore yet again, or so I thought.
    Then that pass..What a great pass, the ball must have traveled 60 yards in the air. Joe could throw it that far easily back then. I read the next day that in the stadium it looked more like a punt than a pass, the ball was so high, then finally coming down in Jones' arms.

What a great play and a great win!
    (I think it would've been named one of the greatest plays ever but it actually just put the game into overtime. But we won in OT and that's what matters.)

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenstatsman View Post
    Was reminded of this thread after thinking about the Saints/Vikings game.

Does Saints safety Marcus Williams replace Rahim Moore as the go-to DB whose misplay cost his team a trip to the championship game?
    Thinking the same thing. Marcus Williams becomes the new Rahim Moore, at least in the public perception. OK, he should have held up and then tackled Diggs immediately after the catch. Such an immediate hit could probably have kept Diggs from going out of bounds and ended the game. And easily avoided a penalty. But these kind of games have heroes and they gave goats ...if the Vikings win the Super Bowl, their fans will remember Marcus Williams and Stefon Diggs the same way we remember Rahim Moore and Jacoby Jones.

In reality, I found it surprising that the Saints didn't station more guys back further in a "true" prevent arrangement. One missed tackle in that situation shouldn't lead to a score.

From euphoria and love to malaise, apathy, and disenfranchisement in 5 years. Smh.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

Quote Originally Posted by esmd View Post
    From euphoria and love to malaise, apathy, and disenfranchisement in 5 years. Smh.
    Here's something to think about:

-After we won SB 35, we drafted Todd Heap in the first round.

-After we won SB 47, we drafted Matt Elam in the first round.

That was a sign of what was to come...