Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1516171819 ... LastLast

Re: Trump: "...people from shithole countries come here?"

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmaniac4life View Post
    Of course they haven't. Trump is trying to get it approved first.

What's incredible is that this isn't a partisan issue at all, yet...we are living in an age where one major political party is openly trying to not secure it's own country's border and is focusing solely on helping people who are not legally allowed to be here and pay ZERO taxes. Meanwhile, people who pay taxes and vote Democrat have to be thinking..."what the hell are they doing for me?" The answer is..."nothing."

If I would've told you this 20 years ago, you wouldn't believe it. It's astonishing.
    I've never understood that mindset. I know a lot of people don't like trump nor voted for him, but he is our president, no Matter what he does people will hate on him bc of who ilhe is or his party rather than the moves he's trying to make.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    “I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart

Of course they haven't. Trump is trying to get it approved first.

What's incredible is that this isn't a partisan issue at all, yet...we are living in an age where one major political party is openly trying to not secure it's own country's border and is focusing solely on helping people who are not legally allowed to be here and pay ZERO taxes. Meanwhile, people who pay taxes and vote Democrat have to be thinking..."what the hell are they doing for me?" The answer is..."nothing."

If I would've told you this 20 years ago, you wouldn't believe it. It's astonishing.
    Lets not kid ourselves. There are plenty of elected Republicans who don't want to do anything about illegal immigration either. They want it for cheap labor for Chamber of Commerce types who donate to campaigns. It's a fear of response from the American people if they chose to give amnesty.

Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    Lets not kid ourselves. There are plenty of elected Republicans who don't want to do anything about illegal immigration either. They want it for cheap labor for Chamber of Commerce types who donate to campaigns. It's a fear of response from the American people if they chose to give amnesty.
    True...

RINO's and Dems alike are fucking scumbags IMO.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by usmccharles View Post
    I've never understood that mindset. I know a lot of people don't like trump nor voted for him, but he is our president, no Matter what he does people will hate on him bc of who ilhe is or his party rather than the moves he's trying to make.

Democrats only see illegals as new voters. That's it. They try and make everyone believe that they care deeply for these people. Please, cry me a river. All they want from them are their votes and could care less how much they cost the tax payers to support them. Once they sew up the illegals vote, make them citizens, they will take them for granted just like they do to the black voters today.

Quote Originally Posted by CarrollCoRaven View Post
    Democrats only see illegals as new voters. That's it. They try and make everyone believe that they care deeply for these people. Please, cry me a river. All they want from them are their votes and could care less how much they cost the tax payers to support them. Once they sew up the illegals vote, make them citizens, they will take them for granted just like they do to the black voters today.
    This is one of the many examples why I think politics is a waste of time. The people who know don't care, the people who care, don't know.

“I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart

This is one of the many examples why I think politics is a waste of time. The people who know don't care, the people who care, don't know.
    I disagree.

First-off, what's currently happening and has been happening for the last 18 - 24 months, is not "politics as usual." This is a different animal than ever before.

Secondly, everyone knows. With the amount of information that people have access to nowadays...ignorance is a choice.

Everyone cares...but not about the same things.

I disagree.

Everyone knows. With the amount of information that people have access to nowadays...ignorance is a choice.

Everyone cares...but not about the same things.
    I guess. Maybe it's just that people can't change thinga because of too many people out for themselves. Have guys in congress for 50 years plus is a mistake imo, one of the main reasons I liked Gary Johnson is that he Advocated for that

I guess. Maybe it's just that people can't change thinga because of too many people out for themselves. Have guys in congress for 50 years plus is a mistake imo, one of the main reasons I liked Gary Johnson is that he Advocated for that
    so did the POTUS...

If/when that gets implemented, that would be a game changer in politics and would not be received well by the establishment. I bet that is something Trump tackles if he serves a 2nd term. I'm sure it will be racist when he does.

Blog Entries

Is there any way possible to get term limits on members of Congress without getting Congress approval, which obviously will never happen? What has to take place to get a referendum vote on a ballot? Is this a pipe dream? This was a big flaw when writing the Constitution. i guess back then, they did not foresee Congress becoming so corrupt.

so did the POTUS...

If/when that gets implemented, that would be a game changer in politics and would not be received well by the establishment. I bet that is something Trump tackles if he serves a 2nd term. I'm sure it will be racist when he does.
    Hahaha of course it will

Quote Originally Posted by CarrollCoRaven View Post
    Is there any way possible to get term limits on members of Congress without getting Congress approval, which obviously will never happen? What has to take place to get a referendum vote on a ballot? Is this a pipe dream? This was a big flaw when writing the Constitution. i guess back then, they did not foresee Congress becoming so corrupt.
    I’m not sure of the actual process maybe Rav knows , but there is a process that would have the states vote for it and it has to be certain percent voted for to make an amendment. Again not sure if the exact process but there is a way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The costs of illegal immigration include $29 billion in medical care, $23 billion for additional law enforcement, $46 billion for education, and $9 billion for welfare. For God's sake, ER rooms are their doctor offices. Also, most illegals immigrants send their income back to their home country. Money leaving the economy is the last thing this nation needs. Recirculation of income is how an economy grows.

As WJC was quoted as saying..."illegal immigrants are a burden to the American taxpayer."

You make a great point...and it could be a viable solution.

The "cheap labor" argument will NEVER go away. Businessman will always be trying to figure out ways to cut costs and cheap labor is a way to cut costs. There is a clear advantage for illegal immigrants over legal workers for any businessman who needs labor. The employer has absolute bargaining power over the migrant worker whereas any legal resident may unionize and fight for better conditions.

If I am Trump and I am making a business decision on how to secure the border, I'm looking at the most cost-effective and the least likely option to fail. With a wall, it will always be there and it will force people to migrate to this country legally (which is the point). If we simply hire more people, that would be a temporary solution. You know how the government works... Funding for Border Security could be cut under another administration and we are right back to where we were when BHO was in office.

$100 billion a year,,,think about that. You can either fix the problem permanently or put a band-aid on it.
    To respond to the facts ...except for the $$ for law enforcement....why the hell are we spending the other $$. Who thinks it’s ok to spend tax payer $& on health care , education and welfare for a group of people who not only aren’t citizens but are in fact here illegally??? That’s the problem with the gov. They wanna give our rights , freedoms and privileges to every and anybody who happens to float up on our shore or run across our Boarder. Fuck that. Spend that $$ on (like USMC said) former Military personnel who are already well trained ( tax payer $$) and I’m sure most would welcome a decent paying job with continued GoV benefits. And these people have already sworn an oath to protect this country. Perfect. !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk