Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Re: Diggs' Mom to Ozzie: "They should fire your a$$"

I'm just happy I now know how to pronounce fluke.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by moviemaniacx View Post
    Hindsight is 20/20. Everyone acts like if we would've drafted Diggs, he would've been this electric playmaker from the get go, but they fail to realize the Ravens don't put much effort or resources into the offensive side of the ball, hence why they can't develop receivers to save their lives. If we would've drafted Diggs, I guarantee his development would've been stunted and we'd be labeling him a bust. Same goes for if the Steelers or Giants would've drafted Perriman. He probably would've developed into a good receiver because those teams actually capable of developing receivers.

Only a player like OBJ or Nuk would've been Ravens-proof.
    Only 90% of this board wanted the Ravens to draft him. Go back and look at the draft day threads.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    I'm definitely in the objective pool on Joe. My opinion is that he needs support becuase he's not an elite QB, but he puts you in a position to win games. He is not great. He is not brutal. He is overpaid, but I don't really blame anyone for that because the circumstances of those contract negotiations made it what it was. We were fucked and Joe did exactly what pretty mcuh anyone would have done and got his dough.

I support Joe when it's bashing and I go on the flipside when it's ass kicking.
    GWNR, man you and I are on the same page here. I'd just like to add that Flacco IIRC was offered a contract before the 2012 season, but turned it down. He gambled on his "talent" and it did pay off as you stated... Bc

Westminster OG, now behind enemy lines in NE
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ClericBlackDave View Post
    Ummmm no. Plenty of WRs have come here and had fine success with Flacco. Torrey Smith, Derek Mason, Steve Smith Sr., and Mike Wallace have all had 1000 yards seasons with him. A couple guys have had double digit TD years. Boldin was knocking on 1000 a few times but he was never a guy who could separate, but yet he and Flacco still connected.

The problem is, the bums we draft are bums. How do I know? They are out of the league quick after they flame out here and take a quick journeyman travel. That will be the litmus test on Perriman. He's a 1st rounder - someone will sign him. If another team like the Pats or the Steelers can't get anythign out of him, then he's a straight up bum.

And if he can't get his hands together and his mind right, that's exactly what will happen. Perriman will be out of the league in 2 years tops.
    You are correct about that. However the Flacco debunkers will say that Joe destroyed him, they will never acknowledge that Joe routinely elevates the bums Ozzie makes him throw to. They only have hate in their hearts for Joe. In their minds Joe must take all the blame and deserves no credit. It's sad really.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by unbelievable View Post
    Torrey is a nice a guy leave him out of this.
    See, Flacco debunker.

Blog Entries

This isn't 2015. I'm living in the now. I agree with you though I would have taken Case Keenum's season over Flacco's as well. And that's very telling in this argument because we're talking about CASE KEENUM.
    Yeah, a guy that didn't have a herniated disk in his back and could warm up before games with his WR corp.

Blog Entries

Yeah, you know, what the ELITE quarterbacks do with their WR's in the offseason.
    Yeah that's all we hear about with Brady. Lol he's too busy trying tobbuild a market for his guru status. Yet...

Blog Entries

Torrey didn't do ANYTHING when he was here. What exactly is your point? He eclipsed 1,000 yards once in his 4 year stay in Baltimore. His last season he put up 767 yards. I'm just saying when it comes to rookie WR's if your quarterback sucks it's going to have an impact in their development. But keep holding onto 2012's playoff run.

FLUKE - flo͞ok/
    noun
    unlikely chance occurrence, especially a surprising piece of luck.
    Yeah right, "I'm not here to bash Joe."

Looks like this Flacco debunker trolled us....

When I watch Joe Flacco play football I see an over-paid, below average quarterback who has schizophrenic accuracy and horrible awareness . Pretty sure 90% of NFL fans outside of Baltimore see the same thing. I don't know where all this diehard loyalty comes from? Boller must have permanently scarred our fanbase or something.

"FLACCO IS NOT THE PROBLEM"

The thing about denial is you don't know you're in it until you're out of it.

Blog Entries

When I watch Joe Flacco play football I see an over-paid, below average quarterback who has schizophrenic accuracy and horrible awareness . Pretty sure 90% of NFL fans outside of Baltimore see the same thing. I don't know where all this diehard loyalty comes from? Boller must have permanently scarred our fanbase or something.

It doesnt matter if you think Flacco is the problem or not, hes here next year regardless. So, hopefully we see some meaningful investment in the offensive side of the ball ie playmakers and we see if Joe can succeed as he did in the past. If not then it should be clear that its time to move on. Hopefully, and any fan should have this opinion, he succeeds and this team gets back to the playoffs for years to come.

Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post
    Is that why BOTH Thielen and Diggs have thrived in Minn with not great QBs, and why JuJu just out up 140 yards with Landry Jones at QB?

I think you vastly overrated the impact of a QB on a WR.

Dominant WRs get theirs. It helps them to play within a better offense or with a better QB.

But they get theirs even if not.

I get that you don't like Flacco...but don't be an idiot and think that the likes of Josh Gordon and Nuk wouldn't do well with Flacco, when they've proven to do well with far lesser QBs.
    And also all those QBs Minnesota has played have looked great throwing to the likes of Thielen and Diggs even when they might have previously looked mediocre or shitty on other teams. Case Keenum was dogshit until he got to that team. Sam Bradford was OK I guess but pretty underwhelming to bad a lot of the time too. Does anybody think Bridgewater would have been good if he was on the Browns instead? These QBs are all succeeding there because of what they are GIVEN there!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Root for another team than tool