Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1718192021 ... LastLast

Re: Diggs' Mom to Ozzie: "They should fire your a$$"

Shas contiues to just nail what I'm too lazy to type.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Quote Originally Posted by bst3975 View Post
    You make many excellent points I am in no position to argue.

But on the other side, consider that (1) Oz, presumably with Harbs approval, has signed players previously deemed to be malcontents or difficult (example, Wallace, SSR), and (2) we regularly hears players extol Harbs for supposedly urging them to "be themselves".

I'm not sure what to believe.
    Me either. I'm struggling with this one. When I wrote what I wrote I was thinking, in the back of my mind, about Steve Smith also, who basically got run out of Carolina for running his mouth. And he was, by all accounts, hand picked by Harbaugh who had admired him coming out of Utah and wanted him to play special teams for the Eagles.

Look, none of what I speculated about may be true at all. But Tony's post about Harbaugh's draft influence makes it hard for me to NOT speculate how Harbaugh may be influencing the draft, based on what I detect as his belief system and based on the make-up of players they've selected, for the most part.

Many here have claimed that Harbaugh doesn't want "alpha" types and he ran off some players who fit that description. I don't think that's true. Reed was offered a contract to stay, for instance.

I think there is a subtle difference between "alpha" players--guys who are obsessed with football and studying film, who are vocal, and who will get in a teammate's face...and the type of player Harbaugh may be trying to keep off the roster. For lack of a better term, I'm referring to "thugs," knowing that this is semi-offensive.

I'm talking about players with big egos, flashy lifestyles, questionable friends, questionable off-field behaviors. You could point to some of that in Diggs coming out of Maryland. I remember wondering if they'd shy away from Jalen Ramsey because of some of these traits. Yes, you could counter that by saying Ozzie had tried to trade up to take him, but you can also ask if there was consensus in the room and whether Harbaugh may have been the tipping point to say the player wasn't worth the asking price regardless of how the scouts rated him on film. Because on film he was a once in a decade player.

Harbaugh rarely disses his players, but I thought it stood out starkly when I heard him shit on his younger players, Kenneth Dixon and Darren Waller because of their foibles. He has a right to be pissed at these guys, but rarely do I hear him be so negative/intolerant.

Anyway, it all makes me wonder what Harbaugh's views are on this topic and how much it has influenced roster decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    How do you draft Torrey from UMD in the 2nd round, but not even draft Diggs from Maryland in the 5th?
    Injury concerns?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post
    The fact is we didn't even have a top 10 defense with all of the investment. Unlike Min. And Jack.

Embarrassing.

It's embarrassing that they let Dalton through that pass. And it's embarrassing how they let Pitt score 39 points to our 38.

The entire fucking Front Office should be hanging their heads in embarrassment for the unacceptable failures in drafting and team construction.
    Think what you're looking for there is failures in dc selection

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    A ton of posters on this board were begging the Ravens to draft Diggs. It wasn't a couple of people. It seemed like it was pretty much everyone.
    I was cool on passing on him after he poor sportsmanship against psu

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    Yes indeed, but I'm not about to blame that on the WR coach. Perriman seems to need a sports psychologist more than a position coach.
    This

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    its only a myth if you believe whats ravens put out there
    And it's only not a myth if you believe what who was it that put it out there? Preston?

Quote Originally Posted by bst3975 View Post
    You make many excellent points I am in no position to argue.

But on the other side, consider that (1) Oz, presumably with Harbs approval, has signed players previously deemed to be malcontents or difficult (example, Wallace, SSR), and (2) we regularly hears players extol Harbs for supposedly urging them to "be themselves".

I'm not sure what to believe.
    I'd probably believe the players over the random speculation

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizer View Post
    And it's only not a myth if you believe what who was it that put it out there? Preston?

go to page 17 of this thread and re-read my posts. i lay out the timeline and it makes sense.
    not sure what preston has to do with this. aaron wilson is the source.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Quote Originally Posted by OtherSideofThePillow View Post
    Couldn't agree more. Flacco and this offense make our receivers look way worse then what they are
    Based on what? What WRs have left here to light it up? Who has gone on to perform better elsewhere? You need to back this kind of statement up.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    Yea I mean Nick Foles threw 7 TDs in one game. That's pretty elite but now he's a backup. I'm ready for Joe to show me a full-scale elite SEASON as a whole or at least another 2012 January/February run.
    He's not elite. Or maybe he could put in a full elite season if he had the right weapons around him.

Again, the WRs that have left this team have NEVER, NOT ONCE, performed better elsewhere. Dickson is a backup TE in Carolina and is probably the most successful pass catcher that has left, or maybe Torrey who is the number 3 or 4 WR in Philly.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Based on what? What WRs have left here to light it up? Who has gone on to perform better elsewhere? You need to back this kind of statement up.
    Not that I agree with the narrative but Boldin put up quite significantly better numbers before and after his time as Raven. This narrative that no one who played poorly with Flacco did nothing anywhere else needs to die.