Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Diggs' Mom to Ozzie: "They should fire your a$$"

Quote Originally Posted by NestMinder View Post
    Who has Diggs been catching passes from?

And 100% on the doghouse comment. Or he'd have gotten hurt playing special teams.
    I'll answer your question if you answer mine first. Would you have traded Case Keenums season for Flacco's?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by unbelievable View Post
    I think much of a WR's development comes from the Quarterback play. Let's say Pittsburgh drafted the same WR's as Ozzie over the years. Are they all still as putrid with Roethlisberger as they've been for Flacco and Boller? Let's be honest, Diggs probably would have faltered here.
    Theyleave and are just as good ours leave and never do anything

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think much of a WR's development comes from the Quarterback play. Let's say Pittsburgh drafted the same WR's as Ozzie over the years. Are they all still as putrid with Roethlisberger as they've been for Flacco and Boller? Let's be honest, Diggs probably would have faltered here.
    Ummmm no. Plenty of WRs have come here and had fine success with Flacco. Torrey Smith, Derek Mason, Steve Smith Sr., and Mike Wallace have all had 1000 yards seasons with him. A couple guys have had double digit TD years. Boldin was knocking on 1000 a few times but he was never a guy who could separate, but yet he and Flacco still connected.

The problem is, the bums we draft are bums. How do I know? They are out of the league quick after they flame out here and take a quick journeyman travel. That will be the litmus test on Perriman. He's a 1st rounder - someone will sign him. If another team like the Pats or the Steelers can't get anythign out of him, then he's a straight up bum.

And if he can't get his hands together and his mind right, that's exactly what will happen. Perriman will be out of the league in 2 years tops.

I'll answer your question if you answer mine first. Would you have traded Case Keenums season for Flacco's?
    his 2017 season? Of course.

If you said, at the start of 2015, "do you want Joe Flacco or Case Keenum for the next 3 years, and which will Stefon Diggs perform better with?"

Quite clearly Joe.

And if you want to make it a truly comprehensive comparison, then you have to take Minnesota's defense into consideration, right? Like folks always want to poo-poo Joe's performance in years 1-5 because of the Ravens' defense, so it's only fair.

You can probably sense that my hackles are going up a bit. I'm an admitted Flacco apologist. But even I was ready to give up on him last October. That said, I don't think anybody would have signed up for 3 years of Case Keenum over 3 years of Joe Flacco going into 2015.

Blog Entries

Pretty much. We need an AJ Green type of WR to truly make a difference in this offense and usually you have to draft top 10 for those type of guys. Beckham has been our closest shot at drafting a truly elite playmaker in recent years but Ozzie is scared to give up his 3rd round busts to move up a few spots. But let's be honest here, Flacco can't elevate a WR's play the same way Kyle Boller couldn't. Flacco is miles a head of Boller as a quarterback but that's not saying much. Plus, Diggs would have probably got lost in Harbaugh's doghouse anyway.
    What's Torrey done?

Blog Entries

Would you trade Diggs and Theliem for Wallace and Moore?

Quote Originally Posted by Goode05 View Post
    Would you trade Diggs and Theliem for Wallace and Moore?

Do you honestly think they would have had the same success in Baltimore as they had in Minnesota this year? Be honest with all of us...seriously

Who did we draft over him?
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Quote Originally Posted by Goode05 View Post
    What's Torrey done?

Torrey is a nice a guy leave him out of this.

Tray Walker and Buck Allen and Z Smith.

Damn
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Quote Originally Posted by NestMinder View Post
    his 2017 season? Of course.

If you said, at the start of 2015, "do you want Joe Flacco or Case Keenum for the next 3 years, and which will Stefon Diggs perform better with?"

Quite clearly Joe.

And if you want to make it a truly comprehensive comparison, then you have to take Minnesota's defense into consideration, right? Like folks always want to poo-poo Joe's performance in years 1-5 because of the Ravens' defense, so it's only fair.

You can probably sense that my hackles are going up a bit. I'm an admitted Flacco apologist. But even I was ready to give up on him last October. That said, I don't think anybody would have signed up for 3 years of Case Keenum over 3 years of Joe Flacco going into 2015.
    This isn't 2015. I'm living in the now. I agree with you though I would have taken Case Keenum's season over Flacco's as well. And that's very telling in this argument because we're talking about CASE KEENUM.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    Tray Walker and Buck Allen and Z Smith.

Damn
    You left out The 2 5th rounders we could have traded to move up for him

Nick Boyle and G Robert Myers ( WHo didn't even make the team that year) Wasted a 5th rounder on a guy who didn't even make the team.

Now that hurts even more than the 3 prior.