Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Re: Diggs' Mom to Ozzie: "They should fire your a$$"

Let's be honest how many qbs get away with throwing up the ball to their monsters.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Why does he get to have the pancakes?
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post
    Here is Hopkins 2017 top 10.

I mean clearly he is just a product of all of the accurate QBs throwing to him. I mean it's amazing how Savage controlled Hopkins toes and such.

Totally a result of the QB.

Check out @NFL’s Tweet: https://twitter.com/NFL/status/951850478710566912?s=09
    Jesus Christ it's depressing. We clearly don't have anyone remotely close to his ability on this team and never have.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizer View Post
    Correa was a waste. Not like 3rd rounders area expected to start.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
    They liked his "twitch."

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    Way Down South in New Orleans

Blog Entries

Correa was a waste. Not like 3rd rounders are expected to start.
    Ort, that's great. Let's see... our 2nd round pick (2016) has bust written all over him and you feel 3rd round draft choices aren't expected to contribute. I guess semi-wasting Bowser's (2017 - 2nd rounder) is OK with you too (?) That's a draft strategy that's bound to improve the team immensely... Bc

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Why does he get to have the pancakes?
    Damn, I told Rwt it should be a waffle... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Ort, that's great. Let's see... our 2nd round pick (2016) has bust written all over him and you feel 3rd round draft choices aren't expected to contribute. I guess semi-wasting Bowser's (2017 - 2nd rounder) is OK with you too (?) That's a draft strategy that's bound to improve the team immensely... Bc
    In their first year though? I think you're expecting too much. I will say we saw more productivity out of Bowser this year than Correa both years as well.

Blog Entries

In their first year though? I think you're expecting too much. I will say we saw more productivity out of Bowser this year than Correa both years as well.
    I don't totally understand the Ravens mind-set that a guy can't play in his rookie year. Not trying to be a MMQB, but maybe if we would have used Bowser and Tim Wms more earlier in 2017, they might have helped our break downs in the 2nd Steeler and Bengals games. Both lost in the last minute. Of course I can't prove anything, but perhaps a young, fresh guy coming off the bench might spark our defense. Our coaching staff, playing not-to-lose, goes same old, same old and the Ravens end up watching the playoffs at home... Bc

Blog Entries

Don't have the numbers on this but generally speaking if the Ravens top picks don't pay dividends right away generally speaking they never do. The best 3 during the last 10 years have been Rice, T. Smith, and Osemele in round 2. All guys were contributors right away. Same thing with round one. Outside of Jimmy, I can't think of a single late bloomer that benefited from being on the bench early. They either played and played well or they didn't live up their draft status.

I think part of the issue is we don't have a coaching staff that can develop players. Which is why we never really see guys improve on their rookie year or look significantly better as their career goes on here.

Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    Don't have the numbers on this but generally speaking if the Ravens top picks don't pay dividends right away generally speaking they never do. The best 3 during the last 10 years have been Rice, T. Smith, and Osemele in round 2. All guys were contributors right away. Same thing with round one. Outside of Jimmy, I can't think of a single late bloomer that benefited from being on the bench early. They either played and played well or they didn't live up their draft status.

I think part of the issue is we don't have a coaching staff that can develop players. Which is why we never really see guys improve on their rookie year or look significantly better as their career goes on here.
    Only two I can really think of in the last while are guys like Jensen, Wagner and Kruger, but I agree with your overall point.

We do seem to struggle to develop guys.

One guy that stood out to me for the Saints was Manti T'eo who was pretty shitty when he entered the league, but he seems to have found a good role on the Saints. He's nto an all-pro by any means and I dont think he met expectations, but he's contributing.

my theory as to why has a lot to do with the defensive scheme not adjusting to players. Think about it, you either fit or you don't. It's not going to alter to help you play better, so if you can't fit from day 1 you're constantly fighting uphill to try and fit, but can't.

That's one reason why I hate our defensive coaching staff and our bizarre shceme.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    Only two I can really think of in the last while are guys like Jensen, Wagner and Kruger, but I agree with your overall point.

We do seem to struggle to develop guys.

One guy that stood out to me for the Saints was Manti T'eo who was pretty shitty when he entered the league, but he seems to have found a good role on the Saints. He's nto an all-pro by any means and I dont think he met expectations, but he's contributing.

my theory as to why has a lot to do with the defensive scheme not adjusting to players. Think about it, you either fit or you don't. It's not going to alter to help you play better, so if you can't fit from day 1 you're constantly fighting uphill to try and fit, but can't.

That's one reason why I hate our defensive coaching staff and our bizarre shceme.
    Should be interesting to see if that changes with a new dc at all

Diggs just became an NFL Legend...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk