Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Diggs' Mom to Ozzie: "They should fire your a$$"

Quote Originally Posted by unbelievable View Post
    There's 32 different schemes ever year but only about 10 effective passing attacks. If you don't have an effective QB running your scheme it can only take you so far.

Our offensive scheme orchestrated a top 11 rushing offense. It orchestrated a top 10 offensive line. Our RB was 11th in yards this season with only 12 starts. Our TE was 8th in yards amongst all other active TEs. Our #1 wr was coming off 1,000+ yd season in 2016. However, the passing offense ranked 29th. Not coincidentally Joe Flacco ranked 36th in QB rating.

Everyone wonders why we suck on offense year after year. Don't think it's a secret anymore.
    You know that when a WR drops a pass...it impacts QB rating. Right?

Blog Entries

Do you honestly think they would have had the same success in Baltimore as they had in Minnesota this year? Be honest with all of us...seriously
    Yes I do

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Look I'm not blaming Flacco for Perriman, I'm not bashing him and I'm not excusing all the bad WR's that have come through Baltimore. I'm merely pointing out that Flacco's qaurterbacking plays a big role in our WR's success or lack there of. I don't think it can be ignored anymore. How many wide open looks did we miss this year? How many points were left off the board? Was that the WR's fault? There were a lot of dropped passes so was that Flacco's fault? It all goes hand in hand to an extent I'm just saying there's more to what goes into developing a WR than just coaching and skillset.

Everyone know's timing and chemistry is VITAL if you want to have a successful passing attack. Maybe the lack of Chemistry stems from Flacco?? How many passing camps does he hold every year? Timing, accuracy, rhythm, trust...maybe it all stems from Flacco. But I'm not an expert I only draw my conclusion from what my eyes tell me.

Blog Entries

My original point is Flacco is not that great of a QB and I believe our young WR's fail to develop because of it. Now he's had success with Mason and Boldin because they were established veterans but even then what did we do with them really?

All I'm saying is maybe the wide receivers we've drafted over the years wouldn't have been "bums" if they would have developed with a more accurate passer capable of overcoming their inexperience early on? I would have loved to see Digs here but maybe he doesn't have the success that he's having now if Flacco is the one throwing him the ball? I think it's a fair point to consider.
    Why is it I brought a young wr up and you completely dismissed it? Torrey developed and got paid Due to JOE. HE LEFT SND HAS NOT DONE Anything. The only other wr selected high for Flacco to develop was 11. 11 can not catch so he's probably going to fail no matter where he goes

Blog Entries

Originally Posted by unbelievable
    Do you honestly think they would have had the same success in Baltimore as they had in Minnesota this year? Be honest with all of us...seriously
    Quote Originally Posted by Goode05 View Post
    Yes I do
    Even if he didn't, he'd still be the #1/#2 WR on the Ravens. Pair him with Wallace and it's a whole new dynamic to our offense... Bc

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post
    You know that when a WR drops a pass...it impacts QB rating. Right?
    And when it bounces into a defenders hands it really drops

Blog Entries

Look I'm not blaming Flacco for Perriman, I'm not bashing him and I'm not excusing all the bad WR's that have come through Baltimore. I'm merely pointing out that Flacco's qaurterbacking plays a big role in our WR's success or lack there of. I don't think it can be ignored anymore. How many wide open looks did we miss this year? How many points were left off the board? Was that the WR's fault? There were a lot of dropped passes so was that Flacco's fault? It all goes hand in hand to an extent I'm just saying there's more to what goes into developing a WR than just coaching and skillset.

Everyone know's timing and chemistry is VITAL if you want to have a successful passing attack. Maybe the lack of Chemistry stems from Flacco?? How many passing camps does he hold every year? Timing, accuracy, rhythm, trust...maybe it all stems from Flacco. But I'm not an expert I only draw my conclusion from what my eyes tell me.
    Oh for fuck sakes passing fucking camps lmfao

I remember how painful it was passing on Keenan Allen twice.
    This is where the front office out-thinks the process. Keenan Allen was a top flight WR but there were some rumors swirling around, and the Ravens went on the avoidance trail. Same with Myles Jack. Sometimes you just have to take that risk and grab the superior player. Being too cautious has proven costly.

Quote Originally Posted by Goode05 View Post
    Oh for fuck sakes passing fucking camps lmfao

Yeah, you know, what the ELITE quarterbacks do with their WR's in the offseason.

Blog Entries

I think much of a WR's development comes from the Quarterback play. Let's say Pittsburgh drafted the same WR's as Ozzie over the years. Are they all still as putrid with Roethlisberger as they've been for Flacco and Boller? Let's be honest, Diggs probably would have faltered here.
    It is not Flacco's responsibility to teach his WRs boundary discipline and awareness. Tapping one's toes before going out of bounds for example. That is not something that Roethlisberger taught Brown.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Yeah, you know, what the ELITE quarterbacks do with their WR's in the offseason.
    Give me a list of Qbs that have passing camps

Blog Entries

I'll answer your question if you answer mine first. Would you have traded Case Keenums season for Flacco's?
    No. The difference between their two seasons is the WR we're discussing, a fellow WR of his and the fact that their defense actually became what it was built to become, unlike here where the defense faltered in the season's biggest moments.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore