Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 37 to 48 of 297

Thread: Calvin Ridley

  1. #37

    Re: Calvin Ridley



    https://youtu.be/8WRIYhqeUhg

    BEAST!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk





  2. #38

    Re: Calvin Ridley

    Quote Originally Posted by Mmcclend View Post
    https://youtu.be/8WRIYhqeUhg

    BEAST!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You realize that all the highlight packages of the biggest busts in NFL history similarly make them look like beasts?





  3. #39

    Re: Calvin Ridley

    Quote Originally Posted by Mizerooskie View Post
    You realize that all the highlight packages of the biggest busts in NFL history similarly make them look like beasts?
    Of course. Sometimes they hit sometimes they don't. What I see on the highlight tape validates what I see live. How else would you evaluate the draft? Just guess?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk





  4. #40

    Re: Calvin Ridley

    Quote Originally Posted by Mmcclend View Post
    Of course. Sometimes they hit sometimes they don't. What I see on the highlight tape validates what I see live. How else would you evaluate the draft? Just guess?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Don't watch highlight tapes? There are plenty of "every touch/target" cut-ups out there that show you the good with the bad.





  5. #41
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Wilton, CT
    Posts
    28,082
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: Calvin Ridley

    Quote Originally Posted by Mmcclend View Post
    I disagree with your first point. Beckham and brown to me are both very finesse, especially beckham. You can't press them because their first step is so explosive. You can't touch them. I'd say what you were explaining for Odell and Antonio is what deandre Hopkins is.

    I can get what you're saying but do we want a guy who just gets the job done, or do they need to get the job done a certain way? Dude is a playmaker and the odds of us getting a Calvin Johnson are slim to none. I watch a lot of Bama and see him consistently open all game against top tier talent just for hurts to miss him. I like Sutton but he doesn't play against good competition that Ridley does.

    Honestly, if we are looking for a WR to just bail joe out all the time we aren't going to find him in this draft.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'm a LSU fan. I've seen Beckham his whole college career and in the pros since I live in the NY area. You press him and he push you right off and then explode by you. Beckham vs. Josh Norman has made every highlight for years. Go watch and see how Beckham operates with a top physical CB on him. He doesn't always win but he always has a chance. Put Ridley against a physical defender like Norman and he's done.

    I agree with you last point. I don't see a 1st round WR that's going to really fit our need. I would look in rounds 2 or 3 for that guy because there just isn't a player like that who is worth the 1st round pick. It's early but I would be very happy to get Simmie Cobb in round 3 or maybe even round 2. I just don't see anyone worth it in round 1





  6. #42

    Re: Calvin Ridley

    Quote Originally Posted by Mizerooskie View Post
    Don't watch highlight tapes? There are plenty of "every touch/target" cut-ups out there that show you the good with the bad.
    Where? Do you have a link?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk





  7. #43

    Re: Calvin Ridley

    Quote Originally Posted by Mizerooskie View Post
    Don't watch highlight tapes? There are plenty of "every touch/target" cut-ups out there that show you the good with the bad.
    Highlight tapes are definitely useful if you know what you're looking for. I assume you don't?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk





  8. #44

    Re: Calvin Ridley

    No thanks. Go BPA in round one (NOT A DT THOUGH!!!) Get your WR in round 2. Then draft more offense until the middle of day 3.
    This franchise is circling the toilet bowl of mediocrity waiting to be flushed.





  9. #45
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Harford Cnty , MD
    Posts
    3,218

    Re: Calvin Ridley

    See the problem with a guy like Ridley is hes a Junior. If hes a Senior he gonna play in the Senior Bowl against other top talent. Against teams like Mercer, UT-Chatt and The Sisters of Mercy School for the Blind anyone from the SEC can look good. Against future NFL talent would be a nice look before the draft. As far as an excuse of bad QB ...look at Auden Tate FSU. Dudes 6-5,225lbs Now he only had 40 catches this year for around 500yds but he had 10 tds. And his QBs was on the practice team and a true freshman week 1 of the season. Dude fights for contested balls and he can jump out the stadium. Needs some work but projected as a late 2 maybe 3 rd round guy. Ill take that guy everyday over a dude like Ridley. ESP for the Ravens with how Joe does throw some jump balls.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk





  10. #46

    Re: Calvin Ridley

    Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    I'm a LSU fan. I've seen Beckham his whole college career and in the pros since I live in the NY area. You press him and he push you right off and then explode by you. Beckham vs. Josh Norman has made every highlight for years. Go watch and see how Beckham operates with a top physical CB on him. He doesn't always win but he always has a chance. Put Ridley against a physical defender like Norman and he's done.

    I agree with you last point. I don't see a 1st round WR that's going to really fit our need. I would look in rounds 2 or 3 for that guy because there just isn't a player like that who is worth the 1st round pick. It's early but I would be very happy to get Simmie Cobb in round 3 or maybe even round 2. I just don't see anyone worth it in round 1
    I agree with what you're saying about Beckham, dude is just a monster and we aren't finding him lol. I'm not a Simmie cobbs fan at all. He seems very Jagish to me. I see Rid cooking Hargreaves, Quincy Wilson, breaking Jamal Adams ankles etc. he may not be physical off the press but he has a quick first step and if you overcommit or miss your first punch, he's gone. Also, he's still young, he doesn't have his man size yet. I feel like this board is infatuated with size at WR because flacco throws a lot of jump balls but a crisp route runner with speed who is polished and catches everything would be way more effective. Ridley is instant coffee.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk





  11. #47

    Re: Calvin Ridley

    Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    Alabama WR's don't have a great track record. Typically being an Alabama WR is viewed negatively because of the type of offense they run.
    People think that because Julio came from a run heavy Alabama team that didnt maximize his talent that every Alabama WR is the next Julio....


    Its like how the media thinks the ravens will draft Every alabama defensive player. It happened once now everyone thinks its automatic.


    I thought Amari Cooper benefited from Julio, Just like I think Calvin Ridley is benefiting from Julio. I dont think Ridley or Cooper are ever going to live up to their hype.

    Now If they were 2nd rnd WR no one would care, but taking a WR top 20 you better be putting up numbers if healthy
    Last call 2018 James Washington Hype Train





  12. #48

    Re: Calvin Ridley

    Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    See the problem with a guy like Ridley is hes a Junior. If hes a Senior he gonna play in the Senior Bowl against other top talent. Against teams like Mercer, UT-Chatt and The Sisters of Mercy School for the Blind anyone from the SEC can look good. Against future NFL talent would be a nice look before the draft. As far as an excuse of bad QB ...look at Auden Tate FSU. Dudes 6-5,225lbs Now he only had 40 catches this year for around 500yds but he had 10 tds. And his QBs was on the practice team and a true freshman week 1 of the season. Dude fights for contested balls and he can jump out the stadium. Needs some work but projected as a late 2 maybe 3 rd round guy. Ill take that guy everyday over a dude like Ridley. ESP for the Ravens with how Joe does throw some jump balls.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Auden Tate is a monster but a one trick pony. Isn't he a freshy though? I may be mistaken.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk





Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Link To Mobile Site