Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Calvin Ridley

Re: Calvin Ridley

why would we want Ravens to draft a WR? I mean history should teach us something otherwise we would repeat the same steps, looking at a predestined outcome.

we need a WR that can catch the ball, so get Landry and use early rounds for OL/TE and even a game changer to play by Mosley

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mmcclend View Post
    The question is do you take him if he's there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    We might have to. This team is desperate for offensive playmakers if the the best person for that role at #16 is a RB I don't think you can pass that up.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    We might have to. This team is desperate for offensive playmakers if the the best person for that role at #16 is a RB I don't think you can pass that up.
    I do think they'll over react and take offense even if it's not the bpa. Maybe that's not such a bad thing given the sorry state of the offense, but in the long term it's not the way to build a team.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

I don't think that's a bad thing. Is it their biggest need on offense, no, but it's not like the position is set in stone. Everyone seems to think Dixon is going to be a good player but he's really done nothing at this level to show that, and I'm past the point of putting blind faith into offensive players on this roster. Buck is average and he's a FA after next year. They can definitely use another quality RB.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    I don't think that's a bad thing. Is it their biggest need on offense, no, but it's not like the position is set in stone. Everyone seems to think Dixon is going to be a good player but he's really done nothing at this level to show that, and I'm past the point of putting blind faith into offensive players on this roster. Buck is average and he's a FA after next year. They can definitely use another quality RB.
    Not only is it not their biggest need on offense. I think it may be their least pressing need on offense, save for perhaps interior line (assuming they re-sign Jensen). As I go through the list--tackle, tight end, wide receiver, quarterback--the need for quality depth or future starters at all these positions far outweighs the need to upgrade Dixon, Woodhead and Allen as back ups to the starter.

That said, I do agree that if RB is the only blue chip player left on their board when pick 16 comes around, you can't change the order of the board. If it came to that, however, I'd rather see them, and in fact would expect them, to trade down and get an extra pick.

Blog Entries

If you are looking at it as taking a "backup to the starter" then I understand that POV but I don't think Collins is/was good to the point you aren't looking for an upgrade if one happens to be there. I don't think the team has even committed to him as the starter next year. And really, I look at it as more of a co-starter. Like the Saints. That's the model I'd follow if we want to have success next year. Maybe Dixon is good enough to do that alongside Collins. I haven't seen it. Allen isn't. Woodhead may not even be on the team.

Trading down does nothing for me. I still have memories of them passing on Harrison Smith to trade down and get Upshaw and Gradkowski instead. My position is if there is an uber talented player there at the pick, F the position, F trading down, take him.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Quote Originally Posted by horus13 View Post
    why would we want Ravens to draft a WR? I mean history should teach us something otherwise we would repeat the same steps, looking at a predestined outcome.

we need a WR that can catch the ball, so get Landry and use early rounds for OL/TE and even a game changer to play by Mosley
    A team history doens't determine their destiny. Just because The Ravens haven't been good at drafting some wide receivers in the past doesn't mean they shouldn't draft one in this year draft.

Blog Entries

Your post does make sense except you've left out one little thing : The $alary Cap.
    With the Ravens cap as it stands, can we afford to sign Landry? I'm not a cap guru, but I don't think so... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by Jazz1988 View Post
    A team history doens't determine their destiny. Just because The Ravens haven't been good at drafting some wide receivers in the past doesn't mean they shouldn't draft one in this year draft.
    I wanted to have these two POVs on the same post. Yes Jazz, I agree with you 100%, especially if Coutland Sutton is available @ #16. A go-to WR can transform our offense quickly and in a big way. It's something the Ravens are in dire need of... Bc
    Last edited by BcRaven; 01-12-2018 at 10:55 AM. Reason: added second post... Bc

I am all for signing Landry but don't know if we can afford him.

And should the Browns never draft a QB since they haven't had good luck drafting a good one?

Bryce Bryce baby

Quote Originally Posted by usmccharles View Post
    Bryce Bryce baby
    I predict we will skip drafting a HB this year, because "Everyone else is" .... just like the year we skipped on all the depth at WR.

4D chess Ozzie will claim Trust the process
    Burn it down

Quote Originally Posted by HbgPARavenfan View Post
    I predict we will skip drafting a HB this year, because "Everyone else is" .... just like the year we skipped on all the depth at WR.

4D chess Ozzie will claim Trust the process
    Sad part is... You make complete logical sense based on our FO

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    “I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart