Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Jason LaCanfora nailed it about Harbaugh and this team

Quote Originally Posted by JonAB View Post
    Does everybody agree with the end of the article where La Canfora opines that Harbaugh should be given a fresh long term pact from the team?
    I think half the fan base would bow out if they gave Harbaugh a long term extension at this point.

I'd be okay with that if it meant we get more premier coordinators, because I don't dislike Harbaugh nearly as much as it seems most do. But it won't, it'll be the same old shit.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Blog Entries

These retread coaches Harbs is enamored with reminds me of this song :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCtrcAp3TEY

... Bc

Blog Entries

Even having a "Saints like draft" won't help in 2018. Rememeber, Harbaugh doesn't like to play rooks unless injury permits.

“Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, here I am stuck in the middle with you”
    "I don't know a man on this Earth who can outwork me". Ray Lewis

Does everybody agree with the end of the article where La Canfora opines that Harbaugh should be given a fresh long term pact from the team?
    HELL NO!

Quote Originally Posted by Jay D83 View Post
    Even having a "Saints like draft" won't help in 2018. Rememeber, Harbaugh doesn't like to play rooks unless injury permits.
    His problem is he doesn't seem to understand what rookie mistakes are.

Bowser played bad against the Jags, don't get me wrong, but that basically relegated him to no PT for the rest of the fucking year. Way too extreme IMO.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens_20 View Post
    Really wish we could trade Jimmy. His achilles injury lowers his value pretty significantly. Idk maybe we could trade him for Dez straight up ?
    Not with jimmys cap hit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agreed with the whole article until he talked about extending Harbaugh. But I don't think he was saying we should, just that Bisciotti needs to shit or get off the pot. In other words, hire Harbaugh long term or bring in a new fresh crew to steer the ship in a different direction.

I believe that in order to have long term success in the NFL you need to have a HC that has a background coaching offense or defense. In today's NFL preferably on offense. Changing OCs seems far more painful than changing DCs. There are really only two types of defensive schemes. 3-4 and 4-3. As long as you are not switching back and forth between them the changing of DC doesn't require the players to learn a whole new system and does not require a bunch of different types of players. On offense you tend to have a QB for a long period of time and you need the offense built around their strengths and weaknesses. Ravens because of Harbaugh are bouncing around on both sides of the ball.

No, I disagree with the rationale there.

In my view, Biscotti should stand pat with Harbs' contract as is for now, since with two years remaining it's not a lame duck situation. But if the team fails to make the playoffs next year with the same-old-same old approach, then blow it up. I've counseled patience the last couple of years, but it can't go on indefinitely. Harbs and his assistants have to show more in 2018 or they should be gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    Pretty on the money article and frankly, while it's all stuff that us die-hards have known and been saying for a long time, the more heat and exposure the national media put on the franchise and Harbaugh in particular, the better.

Better than Peter King who still seems to think Harbaugh could pull Gruden money as a FA coach, LMAO.

I'd like to say at least it's probably playoffs or bust next season, but most of us thought that going into this season and, well, here we are. Continuity, yay. Mighty men, yay.
    He really said that?! While I don't think Harbaugh would unemployed for very long if fired, no way he makes Gruden money.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dade View Post
    He really said that?! While I don't think Harbaugh would unemployed for very long if fired, no way he makes Gruden money.
    IMO even Gruden shouldn't be making Gruden money... Bc