Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Final NFL QB Rankings by PFF Player Grades, 2017

Quote Originally Posted by Baltravens View Post
    Not truly a legitimate site, which invalidates the information.
    Thanks MV. I'll take that under advisement.
    Let Joe Cool lead the way 😎

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post
    Joe can run ANYONE'S offense huh? Sure.

Do you think you are fooling anyone?

You've made it clear what you're stated purpose is here.

To wake people up about "jersey joe"

#joegottago, right?

The only question is what old poster did you use to be? Because I doubt you are brand new. Your posts are way too similar to the other goof balls around here.
    My money is Filth/montey

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TTRaven View Post
    No one is saying the contract is an excuse. But you're being naive if you don't think it has an impact on what the Ravens can do. As I said in my previous post you have to be able to develop skill position players on offense when you have that much money committed to the QB. Which the Ravens have not done. Because of that they're forced to bring in veterans towards the end of their careers.
    First, you have to WANT to develop skill position players. As in PRIORITIZE it. If they didn't prioritize the defense so much they could do that. That was THEIR choice. They made it.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by unbelievable View Post
    Yeah, that's great and all but how many Deandre Hopkins are there in the league? You keep harping on this point like it's relevant to Joe Flacco. No doubt if we had a game changing WR our offense would be better. Pretty sure every team in the NFL wishes they had a Deandre Hopkins type player. But that's not a reality. Game changing receivers are far and few inbetween. If you have to rely on a top 3 WR to make your franchise QB a competent player than maybe you don't have the right QB in the first place?

Is Deandre Hopkins suddenly going to make Joe Flacco throw a deep pass to Mike Wallace more accurately? Is Deandre Hopkins going to make Joe Flacco step into a pass on 3rd down and not deliver the ball in the dirt?

Deandre Hopkins didn't stop Tom Savage from throwing a weak 56% completion percentage. Didn't stop Tom Savage from throwing more interceptions than TDs or finishing 52nd in QB rating. But look what happened to the Texans offense as soon as they replaced a horrible Quarterback with a competent rookie. Suddenly, everything changed. Hmmm, I wonder why??

Put any top 10 QB in this offense and we're in the playoffs with home field advantage right now. Put Alex Smith in this offense and we're entering this weekend coming off a bye week ready to wreak havoc at M&T Bank stadium. Joe holds us back and whether you realize it or not it's the REAL reason we're all pissed at our team right now.

"playmaker, playmaker, playmaker"..if only our highest paid player could be a -- playmaker o_0
    What you don't understand is that a playmaker like Hopkins helps a QB relax, because he doesn't have to make a perfect throw. It allows him to play loose and that helps him to get into a better rhythm. When you watch the Patriots play, they throw a lot of short passes to warm Brady up and get him into a rhythm. When that offense gets into a funk, they throw to Gronkowski, no matter who or how many are on him and it gives the offense another jump start.

When your offense does absolutely nothing unless you make pinpoint accurate throws, you play tight.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Goode05 View Post
    Were you saying this last offseason?

Yes. Last off-season (and the year before that) I said the reason we lost was because we didn’t build an offense. I expected them to invest in offense. They didn’t and I was mad. Once I calmed down I hoped that the plan they went with, but didn’t agree with, would work because as a fan I always hope that we win regardless of whether I agreed with the process. I will do the same this year regardless of whether they do what I hope they should. Seems pretty clear that they need to build an offense as that is clearly what is wrong with this team. But if they go in a different direction, while being initially pissed off (like last off season), I will eventually calm down and just hope for the best. If they fail again I will be back beating my drum. Fact is nothing you or I say actually makes a difference. We’re just here to hope.

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    What you don't understand is that a playmaker like Hopkins helps a QB relax, because he doesn't have to make a perfect throw. It allows him to play loose and that helps him to get into a better rhythm. When you watch the Patriots play, they throw a lot of short passes to warm Brady up and get him into a rhythm. When that offense gets into a funk, they throw to Gronkowski, no matter who or how many are on him and it gives the offense another jump start.

When your offense does absolutely nothing unless you make pinpoint accurate throws, you play tight.
    imagine flacco has higher football iq and more drive to be the best

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    imagine flacco has higher football iq and more drive to be the best
    Going to work for piss poor management kills drive in a lot of employees especially when you look at your guys warming up and see Wallace Moore Camp and then look and see Maclin sitting down talking to 11 both in street clothes. Then look across and see AB JuJu Bryant Bell..........

Quote Originally Posted by unbelievable View Post
    Yeah, that's great and all but how many Deandre Hopkins are there in the league? You keep harping on this point like it's relevant to Joe Flacco. No doubt if we had a game changing WR our offense would be better. Pretty sure every team in the NFL wishes they had a Deandre Hopkins type player. But that's not a reality. Game changing receivers are far and few inbetween. If you have to rely on a top 3 WR to make your franchise QB a competent player than maybe you don't have the right QB in the first place?

Is Deandre Hopkins suddenly going to make Joe Flacco throw a deep pass to Mike Wallace more accurately? Is Deandre Hopkins going to make Joe Flacco step into a pass on 3rd down and not deliver the ball in the dirt?

Deandre Hopkins didn't stop Tom Savage from throwing a weak 56% completion percentage. Didn't stop Tom Savage from throwing more interceptions than TDs or finishing 52nd in QB rating. But look what happened to the Texans offense as soon as they replaced a horrible Quarterback with a competent rookie. Suddenly, everything changed. Hmmm, I wonder why??

Put any top 10 QB in this offense and we're in the playoffs with home field advantage right now. Put Alex Smith in this offense and we're entering this weekend coming off a bye week ready to wreak havoc at M&T Bank stadium. Joe holds us back and whether you realize it or not it's the REAL reason we're all pissed at our team right now.

"playmaker, playmaker, playmaker"..if only our highest paid player could be a -- playmaker o_0
    Oh shit

Quote Originally Posted by lowrider View Post
    Good luck getting that question answered. His back injury was the tightest kept secret of the year, especially during training camp and preseason. I think it was more serious then they wanted anybody to know about. The whole Kappernick saga (possibly signing him) was all about Joe’s back injury. He did not throw a ball in practice until the week leading up to the first game against Cincy.
    Dunno if that's what happened, but I can't think of anything that contradicts this theory.

BS

Quote Originally Posted by TTRaven View Post
    Well they don't have the 2nd highest % of cap committed to the QB position like the Ravens do at 16.78%. They've also been able to draft and develop skill players on the offensive side of the ball.

If you can develop offensive skill players then the money committed to the QB position isn't a real issue. When you can't, you don't have the funds to pay for a top FA WR and you're stuck digging through the bargain bin.

The Ravens got caught with their pants down after the 2012 season. They were $1M apart in contract negotiations before the season and couldn't get the deal done. Joe goes on that magical 4 game run and now all of a sudden he has all the leverage and you're backing up the Brinks truck. At that point there needs to be a change in the way you draft IMO. But Harbaugh is so damn stubborn and wants to win his way. Which we've seen over the past few years that his way isn't working.
    Well it's a combination of things. Sure it hasn't helped that there has been misses in the draft from Perriman to Williams and onwards down but normally you'd go out and fix those mistakes via FA. We can't. Flacco prevents this.

Flacco also isn't an elite QB capable of playing without top flight players on offense. So the question sort of becomes which is more plausible to do should we try to find a top flight WR. Top flight TE. Top oline. All these players the flacco fluffers say we need in order to be successful. While under the confines of paying Flacco 30 million.

Or do we just find our an elite QB who doesn't need those things. For me the answer is kind of simple the margin of error is too small with Flacco and his contract to allow us to do those things. Maybe if he was under a contract similar to McCown who actually outplayed Joe I would say sure lets get some play makers in.

For those who say well a bunch of other teams do it why can't we. I guess the answer is they don't. Most teams with non-elite QB's getting paid 15-20 plus million dollars don't make the playoffs. The Brady's do. The Rodgers do. The Steelers do.

Did Oakland make the playoffs? Did SEA? Did the Cardinals? The Bengals? The Chargers? The Redskins? It's hard to do. It's much easier to make the playoffs with a QB on their rookie deal because even if they are not elite at least they aren't get paid like one and you have the dollars to correct other areas. We have the worst of both worlds. In fact Flacco wasn't just not elite he was statistically one the worst starters in the NFL but paid the 2nd most.

That is sustainable. You can invent whatever reasons you want. We need elite playmakers. We need an elite RT. We need better TE's. The reality if we are paying Joe like a franchise qb then he needs to play one. If he can't we can find someone else a hell of alot cheaper

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by boller4president View Post
    Well it's a combination of things. Sure it hasn't helped that there has been misses in the draft from Perriman to Williams and onwards down but normally you'd go out and fix those mistakes via FA. We can't. Flacco prevents this.

Flacco also isn't an elite QB capable of playing without top flight players on offense. So the question sort of becomes which is more plausible to do should we try to find a top flight WR. Top flight TE. Top oline. All these players the flacco fluffers say we need in order to be successful. While under the confines of paying Flacco 30 million.

Or do we just find our an elite QB who doesn't need those things. For me the answer is kind of simple the margin of error is too small with Flacco and his contract to allow us to do those things. Maybe if he was under a contract similar to McCown who actually outplayed Joe I would say sure lets get some play makers in.

For those who say well a bunch of other teams do it why can't we. I guess the answer is they don't. Most teams with non-elite QB's getting paid 15-20 plus million dollars don't make the playoffs. The Brady's do. The Rodgers do. The Steelers do.

Did Oakland make the playoffs? Did SEA? Did the Cardinals? The Bengals? The Chargers? The Redskins? It's hard to do. It's much easier to make the playoffs with a QB on their rookie deal because even if they are not elite at least they aren't get paid like one and you have the dollars to correct other areas. We have the worst of both worlds. In fact Flacco wasn't just not elite he was statistically one the worst starters in the NFL but paid the 2nd most.

That is sustainable. You can invent whatever reasons you want. We need elite playmakers. We need an elite RT. We need better TE's. The reality if we are paying Joe like a franchise qb then he needs to play one. If he can't we can find someone else a hell of alot cheaper
    Funny how those elite QBs also tend to have elite weapons.

Unless you want to tell me which UDFA wr has turned into a star with Rodgers?

One can get this off of any reputable website; it is common football statistics.

The top-ten NFL QB's of 2017 courtesy of ESPN:

RK PLAYER TEAM COMP ATT PCT YDS YDS/A LONG TD INT SACK RATE YDS/G
    1 Tom Brady, QB NE 385 581 66.3 4,577 7.88 64 32 8 35 102.8 286
    2 Philip Rivers, QB LAC 360 575 62.6 4,515 7.85 75 28 10 18 96.0 282
    3 Matthew Stafford, QB DET 371 565 65.7 4,446 7.87 71 29 10 47 99.3 278
    4 Drew Brees, QB NO 386 536 72.0 4,334 8.09 54 23 8 20 103.9 271
    5 Ben Roethlisberger, QB PIT 360 561 64.2 4,251 7.58 97 28 14 21 93.4 283
    6 Matt Ryan, QB ATL 342 529 64.7 4,095 7.74 88 20 12 24 91.4 256
    7 Kirk Cousins, QB WSH 347 540 64.3 4,093 7.58 74 27 13 41 93.9 256
    8 Alex Smith, QB KC 341 505 67.5 4,042 8.00 79 26 5 35 104.7 269
    9 Russell Wilson, QB SEA 339 553 61.3 3,983 7.20 74 34 11 43 95.4 249
    10 Jared Goff, QB LAR 296 477 62.1 3,804 7.98 94 28 7 25 100.5 254