Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Final NFL QB Rankings by PFF Player Grades, 2017

Quote Originally Posted by TTRaven View Post
    Well they don't have the 2nd highest % of cap committed to the QB position like the Ravens do at 16.78%. They've also been able to draft and develop skill players on the offensive side of the ball.

If you can develop offensive skill players then the money committed to the QB position isn't a real issue. When you can't, you don't have the funds to pay for a top FA WR and you're stuck digging through the bargain bin.

The Ravens got caught with their pants down after the 2012 season. They were $1M apart in contract negotiations before the season and couldn't get the deal done. Joe goes on that magical 4 game run and now all of a sudden he has all the leverage and you're backing up the Brinks truck. At that point there needs to be a change in the way you draft IMO. But Harbaugh is so damn stubborn and wants to win his way. Which we've seen over the past few years that his way isn't working.
    Ozzie set the contract up the way it was. In 2013 we started rebuilding the defense we even sent Boldin packing with Joe counting 7 million against the cap. It's not an excuse they haven't given the offense Jack shit in 5 years outside of the worst first round pick in franchise history and a 35 year old wr.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by unbelievable View Post
    Every time he did throw it down field it was grossly overthrown or under-thrown. But here's a more interesting outlook on it: what stops a 10 year veteran QB from making an audible call at the line of scrimmage to send his WR down field with a favorable matchup? The system, the calls, the scheme, whatever it is you want to put blame on - why is it that this point is hardly ever brought up? Is Joe not capable of telling Wallace to go deep?

I think the major reason why this is, simply is because Joe isn't that great at diagnosing defenses and capable of carving them up like the top talented QB's of this league can. How great would it to be to see Joe out there taking command of the offense, looking confident before the play, shifting protection left and right, fooling defenses into showing their hand and switching up routes at the last second?

Coaches can't execute the play calls they send in. And at the end of the day that's all it is - a play call. The players have to step up and execute and the $20 million dollar man has to make a $20 million dollar play every once and awhile.

The knee injury has shook Flacco in the pocket. His awareness is worse than ever. His accuracy has taken a nosedive because he's to scared to step up in duress and implement the fundamental footwork he needs to deliver the ball on time. Speaking of accuracy, where's the back shoulder throw? Where's that timing route that he's taken time to rehearse with his wr's over and over again? Or hasn't he? The one thing you consistently hear about with Brady is the time and effort and hard work he's put in to improving his game. How much time do you think Joe Flacco puts into his craft? The disinterest he shows at this point in his career is alarming and I think speaks volumes to why he continuously struggles as a passing Quarterback.

There's a reason we lose the majority of our games when Joe Flacco throws 25+ times a game. Just saying...
    Check out @NFL’s Tweet: https://twitter.com/NFL/status/951850478710566912?s=09

Hopkins single handedly made more big plays than our entire wr corp.

But please continue blaming every single problem on offense on one person.

Blog Entries

Well they don't have the 2nd highest % of cap committed to the QB position like the Ravens do at 16.78%. They've also been able to draft and develop skill players on the offensive side of the ball.

If you can develop offensive skill players then the money committed to the QB position isn't a real issue. When you can't, you don't have the funds to pay for a top FA WR and you're stuck digging through the bargain bin.

The Ravens got caught with their pants down after the 2012 season. They were $1M apart in contract negotiations before the season and couldn't get the deal done. Joe goes on that magical 4 game run and now all of a sudden he has all the leverage and you're backing up the Brinks truck. At that point there needs to be a change in the way you draft IMO. But Harbaugh is so damn stubborn and wants to win his way. Which we've seen over the past few years that his way isn't working.
    Lol. 16.78. I'm sure the .08 is why they cant stomach to pay a WR big bucks huh?

Why not carry out to 3 decimal places? Because we all know we just need to exaggerate every fucking flaw of flacco to tell nth degree right?

Quote Originally Posted by Goode05 View Post
    Ozzie set the contract up the way it was. In 2013 we started rebuilding the defense we even sent Boldin packing with Joe counting 7 million against the cap. It's not an excuse they haven't given the offense Jack shit in 5 years outside of the worst first round pick in franchise history and a 35 year old wr.

No one is saying the contract is an excuse. But you're being naive if you don't think it has an impact on what the Ravens can do. As I said in my previous post you have to be able to develop skill position players on offense when you have that much money committed to the QB. Which the Ravens have not done. Because of that they're forced to bring in veterans towards the end of their careers.

Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post
    Lol. 16.78. I'm sure the .08 is why they cant stomach to pay a WR big bucks huh?

Why not carry out to 3 decimal places? Because we all know we just need to exaggerate every fucking flaw of flacco to tell nth degree right?
    Umm it was taken directly from the Sportac site.

How the fuck is that exaggerating a flaw of Flacco? It's the QB position on the Ravens which includes Ryan Mallett.

Why the fuck are you so hostile?

2018 Cap liability for the Ravens:

Offense - $70 mil
    Defense - $90.4 mil
    ST - $9.7 mil

So tell me how Flacco’s contract is the problem here.

https://overthecap.com/salary-cap/baltimore-ravens/
    "I don't know a man on this Earth who can outwork me". Ray Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by lowrider View Post
    2018 Cap liability for the Ravens:

Offense - $70 mil
    Defense - $90.4 mil
    ST - $9.7 mil

So tell me how Flacco’s contract is the problem here.

https://overthecap.com/salary-cap/baltimore-ravens/
    I'm not saying Flacco's contract is the problem. I'm saying you need to develop offensive skill players with the money being tied up in QB's across the league. Which like I said before the Ravens have failed to do.

Edit: the numbers on Overthecap are different than Sportac which has the defense at $52,118,753.

Blog Entries

No one is saying the contract is an excuse. But you're being naive if you don't think it has an impact on what the Ravens can do. As I said in my previous post you have to be able to develop skill position players on offense when you have that much money committed to the QB. Which the Ravens have not done. Because of that they're forced to bring in veterans towards the end of their careers.
    You have to try and draft skill positions before you can develop them. In 5 years they drafted 1 wr in the first 3 rounds. Kinda hard to develop them that way. I'm not listening to the cap BS. Why not put weapons around him when he counted 7 million against the cap or like 9.235% against the cap?? How on earth do you Troy out a receiving core of Torrey Marlon Jacoby

Quote Originally Posted by Goode05 View Post
    You have to try and draft skill positions before you can develop them. In 5 years they drafted 1 wr in the first 3 rounds. Kinda hard to develop them that way. I'm not listening to the cap BS. Why not put weapons around him when he counted 7 million against the cap or like 9.235% against the cap?? How on earth do you Troy out a receiving core of Torrey Marlon Jacoby

I agree, but if you can't develop WR's then you're going to be hesitant to draft them. And we all know how risk averse Harbaugh is.

You're asking questions that only the Ravens can answer. I have no idea who thought a WR group consisting of Smith, Brown, and Jones was a good idea. I also don't know why our dumbass HC ran off Boldin. This team has done a lot of WTF things since winning the SB.

Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post
    Check out @NFL’s Tweet: https://twitter.com/NFL/status/951850478710566912?s=09

Hopkins single handedly made more big plays than our entire wr corp.

But please continue blaming every single problem on offense on one person.
    Yeah, that's great and all but how many Deandre Hopkins are there in the league? You keep harping on this point like it's relevant to Joe Flacco. No doubt if we had a game changing WR our offense would be better. Pretty sure every team in the NFL wishes they had a Deandre Hopkins type player. But that's not a reality. Game changing receivers are far and few inbetween. If you have to rely on a top 3 WR to make your franchise QB a competent player than maybe you don't have the right QB in the first place?

Is Deandre Hopkins suddenly going to make Joe Flacco throw a deep pass to Mike Wallace more accurately? Is Deandre Hopkins going to make Joe Flacco step into a pass on 3rd down and not deliver the ball in the dirt?

Deandre Hopkins didn't stop Tom Savage from throwing a weak 56% completion percentage. Didn't stop Tom Savage from throwing more interceptions than TDs or finishing 52nd in QB rating. But look what happened to the Texans offense as soon as they replaced a horrible Quarterback with a competent rookie. Suddenly, everything changed. Hmmm, I wonder why??

Put any top 10 QB in this offense and we're in the playoffs with home field advantage right now. Put Alex Smith in this offense and we're entering this weekend coming off a bye week ready to wreak havoc at M&T Bank stadium. Joe holds us back and whether you realize it or not it's the REAL reason we're all pissed at our team right now.

"playmaker, playmaker, playmaker"..if only our highest paid player could be a -- playmaker o_0

I'm not saying Flacco's contract is the problem. I'm saying you need to develop offensive skill players with the money being tied up in QB's across the league. Which like I said before the Ravens have failed to do.

Edit: the numbers on Overthecap are different than Sportac which has the defense at $52,118,753.
    Not sure how Sportrac does their math but if they are using the total cap hit for 2018 they are way off. Not even close.

If you’re not saying Flacco’s contract is a problem then why keep bringing it up?

I agree that you need to get the most out of all draft picks. My problem is that there has been a disproportionate amount of resources (draft picks) spent on defense over the past 3-4 years, and the result is an offense that looks like ours and a defense that can’t get it done when the season is on the line.. Add to that Flacco’s injury situation over the past 2 years and it’s amazing that we have competed for a playoff spot in both 2017 and 2018.
    "I don't know a man on this Earth who can outwork me". Ray Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by unbelievable View Post
    Yeah, that's great and all but how many Deandre Hopkins are there in the league? You keep harping on this point like it's relevant to Joe Flacco. No doubt if we had a game changing WR our offense would be better. Pretty sure every team in the NFL wishes they had a Deandre Hopkins type player. But that's not a reality. Game changing receivers are far and few inbetween. If you have to rely on a top 3 WR to make your franchise QB a competent player than maybe you don't have the right QB in the first place?

Is Deandre Hopkins suddenly going to make Joe Flacco throw a deep pass to Mike Wallace more accurately? Is Deandre Hopkins going to make Joe Flacco step into a pass on 3rd down and not deliver the ball in the dirt?

Deandre Hopkins didn't stop Tom Savage from throwing a weak 56% completion percentage. Didn't stop Tom Savage from throwing more interceptions than TDs or finishing 52nd in QB rating. But look what happened to the Texans offense as soon as they replaced a horrible Quarterback with a competent rookie. Suddenly, everything changed. Hmmm, I wonder why??

Put any top 10 QB in this offense and we're in the playoffs with home field advantage right now. Put Alex Smith in this offense and we're entering this weekend coming off a bye week ready to wreak havoc at M&T Bank stadium. Joe holds us back and whether you realize it or not it's the REAL reason we're all pissed at our team right now.

"playmaker, playmaker, playmaker"..if only our highest paid player could be a -- playmaker o_0
    So by your own words”any top 10 QB in this offense” you believe that Case Keenum would not only have us in the playoffs but on a first round bye??? Holy shit. Man you need to puff puff pass that shit bro. Wow.