Page 1 of 12 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Final NFL QB Rankings by PFF Player Grades, 2017

Read it and weep. #10 was kind of a surprise though.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/new...er-grades-2017
    Let Joe Cool lead the way 😎

Re: Final NFL QB Rankings by PFF Player Grades, 2017

Only 8.4 percent of Flacco’s attempts were deep balls, lowest in the league, so there’s a lack of trust in his receivers or simply scheme limitations holding him back.
    Our reward? Another year of Marty/Harbaugh offense. Woohoo, can you feel the excitement?

Quote Originally Posted by Beerracuda View Post
    Our reward? Another year of Marty/Harbaugh offense. Woohoo, can you feel the excitement?
    Let's not pretend that Flacco himself hasn't dropped off tremendously in that regard.

Quote Originally Posted by GaTechRavens View Post
    Let's not pretend that Flacco himself hasn't dropped off tremendously in that regard.
    I can't say either way on that. We don't see enough attempts to actually get a good sample size for comparison.

I can't say either way on that. We don't see enough attempts to actually get a good sample size for comparison.
    It's not like the sample size is just a few throws, there have been enough attempts to see a trend. His deep ball was kind of overrated to begin with but it's definitely gotten worse over the last few years. I think that knee injury has had some more permanent consequences.

Blog Entries

When you're that far below guys like Bortles and Mariota, that's a problem. Have to bring in some playmakers and open up that playbook.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by CincyCat View Post
    Read it and weep. #10 was kind of a surprise though.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/new...er-grades-2017
    Maybe they ranked them all based on how many millions of dollars they got paid this year? Didn't Flacco get 23 mill for being the 23rd ranked player at his position ? Seems right

Why does #10 shock you? In short span he is the real deal. Looks damn good in my opinion and i said it back when he was in college. I knew the Ravens would never get him but no way did i see the Patriots taking in round 2.

I do really like what they said about Flacco. Only 8% of his passes were deep, so its scheme or players holding him back.

So what do all the Harbaugh and MM apologists have to say about that? Waiting on Zip code to chime in here??????

Blog Entries

Beat me to it. Stunning how Flacco has one of the strongest arms and they have speedsters in Wallace and Perriman yet never throw down field - if even to draw a PI. I didn't have to spend a lifetime in football studying X's and O's to know there is something terribly wrong with the Ravens system.

Just confirms what most of us already know and why we should be looking to draft a QB in the first round.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by boller4president View Post
    Just confirms what most of us already know and why we should be looking to draft a QB in the first round.
    Repeat after me it's not going to happen. No matter how many times you say it. There could be three sitting there and we will either trade out or select a defensive player

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had no idea Cam Newton had such a poor year. I guess they didn't take into account what he did on the ground though.

Lower than Tyrod Taylor is embarassing though.

Flacco's best stretch on the field had:

Two deep threats with iffy hands
    One receiver with natural stick-um
    One TE who was seemingly always open when needed (and could actually hold on to the ball)
    One stud RB
    An OC who was calling plays that actually utilized those skill sets

Do that again. Stop batting balls back to DBs. Stop dropping passes that hit you in the hands, chest, and face. Stop running routes next to other receivers.

Start running routes DESIGNED to get specific players open. Crossing routes, slants, anything that gets guys open (there was a bit of this in the second half of the season, but we still have guys with suspect hands, so it's still a moot point). Get receivers that understand if a QB is on the run, you MUST GET OPEN. Anywhere beyond the line of scrimmage, it doesn't matter - just get open.