Blog Entries

WINK is DC

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    Baltimore Ravens

Verified account

@Ravens
    7m7 minutes ago
    More
    New Defensive Coordinator Don "Wink" Martindale will meet with reporters tomorrow at 1:30 p.m.
    I hope I hear things like less thinking and down hill attacking. If your going to get beat hit them at least. But I'm not counting on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: WINK is DC

One more pass rusher like Dumervil a few years back and we are probably still playing football
    Way Down South in New Orleans

Quote Originally Posted by Goode05 View Post
    I hope I hear things like less thinking and down hill attacking. If your going to get beat hit them at least. But I'm not counting on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    He said in an interview with Baltimoreravens.com that he believes strongly in attacking versus staying back. Seems like he has an aggressive mindset at least.

Blog Entries

This fool can talk all he wants the bottom line is Harbaugh can get involved and override his calls and call whatever defense like he did when Tyler Boyd moonwalked his ass into the end zone on 4th and 12th. All theses coaches do is talk talk talk. Wink ain’t got enough stance in his pants to tell Harbaugh to sit down somewhere and leave the defense alone. All wink is going to do isn’t nod and wink at Harbaugh while Harbs runs the defense and wink takes the blame. Pees 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    This fool can talk all he wants the bottom line is Harbaugh can get involved and override his calls and call whatever defense like he did when Tyler Boyd moonwalked his ass into the end zone on 4th and 12th. All theses coaches do is talk talk talk. Wink ain’t got enough stance in his pants to tell Harbaugh to sit down somewhere and leave the defense alone. All wink is going to do isn’t nod and wink at Harbaugh while Harbs runs the defense and wink takes the blame. Pees 2.0
    That's true; Harbaugh has too much of a grip on this team. Belichick, he is not

Quote Originally Posted by NOLARavenFAN View Post
    One more pass rusher like Dumervil a few years back and we are probably still playing football
    I would not be opposed to a beast pass rusher with the first round pick if one is there. But the next four picks better be offense.

That is probably my biggest problem with Wink as the DC. Kubiak ran his own ship on offense and I want a DC who will do the same. I don't want Harbaugh to tell Wink to switch the defensive scheme on the last play of the game and Wink be sure whatever you say boss.

First it was John Harbaugh doesn't get involved with his coordinators play calling at all now it's John Harbaugh needs to let his coordinators do them. Smh I think we need to make up our mind.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jazz1988 View Post
    First it was John Harbaugh doesn't get involved with his coordinators play calling at all now it's John Harbaugh needs to let his coordinators do them. Smh I think we need to make up our mind.
    who ever said harbaugh don't get involved? not me my mind been made up.

who ever said harbaugh don't get involved? not me my mind been made up.
    I thought for sure I have seen you and others say that John Harbaugh similar to Mike Tomlins allows his coordinators to do them but if not cool.

Blog Entries

I thought for sure I have seen you and others say that John Harbaugh similar to Mike Tomlins allows his coordinators to do them but if not cool.
    man please quote me where i said that, please..i may have inquired why don't he get involve more, and harbaugh himself have came out and said that much. so please quote me where i said harbaugh doesn't get involved? if anything i have said harbaugh have failed to evolve into a complete head coach.

Believe it or not it's true. For six years The Ravens have got younger on defense with some mix of veterans here and there. I'm not saying Dean Pees is perfect but in the games when The Ravens defense needed to make a stop the most it was players that failed to get down the simple stuff.Yeah some of Dean Pees playcalling could have been better or was bad but maybe the guy defense was just too cerebral for some of the players.

Maybe Wink can help dumb it down more with his suppose aggressive style but more than once we seen young guys just screw up.
    Nah Jazz, I ain't buying it. Not this time. Making the same mistakes and having the same issues for that many years? C'mon...
    This franchise is circling the toilet bowl of mediocrity waiting to be flushed.