Page 3 of 46 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: WINK is DC

Re: WINK is DC

Quote Originally Posted by xiao_ke View Post
    Also tells me if Pees really did retire on his own accord, he was going to be the DC in 2018.
    Chest pains thinking about that

Quote Originally Posted by xiao_ke View Post
    So Fangio staying with the Bears? And Pagano taking a year off? Why settle on Wink, there are other guys out there.
    promote from within...it's the Ravens way. The last six defensive coordinators were promoted from positions coaches

Blog Entries

Ravens fans: "There's no way anyone they hire could be worse than Pees, so at least we have that going for us."

Harbaugh, Bisciotti, and everyone else at 1 Losing Drive: "Hold our beers."
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Blog Entries

From the Ravens website:

Martindale served as the defensive coordinator of the Denver Broncos in 2010 under Josh McDaniels. The Broncos gave up the most yards (390.8) and points (29.4) per game in the NFL that year.

Why would they hire him and then publish that little gem? That's supposed to get the fans excited???

Uh yea, according to pro-football the Broncos were dead last in defense during Wink's term.

https://www.pro-football-reference.c...s/2010/opp.htm

Is this an early April Fool's joke? He's best friends with Rex Ryan so that means he good?

WTF??????

Blog Entries

He could be good. He might be great. I have my doubts, but if the D shits the bed again, you can bet your ass Harbaugh is gone.

This just means to me that Hargaugh gets a one-year extension as another Hot Seat year. I explain this move as one that suggests nobody outside wants to join a sinking ship.

Not sure how I feel overall, but I can honestly say I am not popping the champagne over it.
    Captain Offense

Time will tell

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ERey View Post
    From the Ravens website:

Martindale served as the defensive coordinator of the Denver Broncos in 2010 under Josh McDaniels. The Broncos gave up the most yards (390.8) and points (29.4) per game in the NFL that year.

Why would they hire him and then publish that little gem?

Uh yea, according to pro-football the Broncos were dead last in defense during Wink's term.

https://www.pro-football-reference.c...s/2010/opp.htm

Is this an early April Fool's joke? He's best friends with Rex Ryan so that means he good?

WTF??????
    Ravens ace PR staff at it again.

back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

9. Re: WINK is DC

Quote Originally Posted by nickh0801 View Post
    promote from within...it's the Ravens way. The last six defensive coordinators were promoted from positions coaches
    Maybe with the complete turds, they've laid the last 3 yrs it's time for a change? From the outside looking in, Harbaugh wants "yes men". Wink will be a "yes man" to Harbaugh because he doesn't have the resume of a former HC.

The incompetence coming from this organization is jaw-dropping.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    Ravens ace PR staff at it again.

Do you think they realize that's BAD and not GOOD. Holy shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    Can't make this shit up. Hiring a guy who had the 32nd ranked defense in his sole year as DC with so many other quality options out there. What a fucking joke. This may just push me over the edge to sell my tickets along with the thousands of others that are.

I may join that list soon. Couldn't even talk to Pettine ..??? and not even bother with Austin. The Bengals pay their coaches cheap. We could have easily beat it.

Not surprised. He's aggressive at least.