Page 1 of 47 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 1/6 WC games

1/6 WC games

Titans @ Chiefs 4:25 pm ABC
    I neither like nor respect the Titans. Go Chiefs. they have some playoff experience (losing); don't remember when Tenn got in last.
    prediction: Chiefs

Falcons @ Rams 7:30 NBC
    Falcons have playoff experience but rarely win on the road in postseason. don't know how much home-field advantage Rams will have. They seem fresher and more lively.
    prediction: Rams
    "Nothing stops these Baltimore Ravens. Beat them, injure them, shove them to the bottom of the standings, drag them into a hostile environment and mount a big lead, and they just keep trudging forward like nothing fazes them." (Bleacher Report)

Re: 1/6 WC games

I'm fine with Chiefs or Titans winning the first game, as I have good friends who are fans of both teams... so just hoping it's a good, close game... second game, Rams for some new blood!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

I think Chiefs and Rams too. I don't think any home team loses this weekend TBH.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

..don't remember when Tenn got in last.
    2008. They had the #1 seed and they lost to the Ravens in Flacco's and Harbaugh's first season (this benefited the Steelers, of course, who with the #2 seed were then in line to host the AFCCG - eventually beating the Ravens on the way to their last SB championship).

The Titans last playoff win was against the Ravens at M&T after the 2003 season. Gary Anderson kicked a ("Now he makes it."*) 46 yard FG with under a minute left for the 20-17 win.

The Titans last home playoff win was in the 1999 WC round against the Bills (the Music City Miracle). This was incidentally Buffalo's last playoff game.

*Anderson had been with Billick in Minnesota. During the 1998 NFCCG, Anderson had a 38 yd FG attempt with just over 2 minutes to go that would have put the Vikings up by 10 and more or less secured their ticket to the SB...and also ironically may have eliminated Billick from being a candidate to coach the Ravens. Anderson missed it (after being perfect in the regular season and playoffs: 39 for 39), the Falcons drove for the tying TD and then won it in overtime with a FG. Billick was on Modell's plane to Baltimore the next day to become their 2nd head coach. In 2003, as the 46 yarder just cleared the goalpost and eliminated his team from the playoffs, Billick was caught on film saying, "Now he makes it."
    Last edited by PeterB58; 01-06-2018 at 11:18 AM.

Blog Entries

1/6 WC games

Titans have been my 2nd team so would like to see them win but I don’t expect them to go far. Jags could make some noise

The team that I like most this weekend is the Saints. Amazing turnaround for their D drafting Lattimore and Marcus Williams and changing some scheme.

The players credit new D line coach Ryan Nielsen who came in from NC State and has them batting balls at a crazy rate. Cameron Jordan has a triple double. (Double digit sacks, tackle for loss and tipped balls).

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    I think Chiefs and Rams too. I don't think any home team loses this weekend TBH.
    That would be a repeat of last year's WC round. Let's at least hope that they are competitive games; last year's closest margin of defeat was 13 points (Oakland at Houston), and the other 3 were 20 points or more.

Blog Entries

I am rooting for the Chiefs because (in my depressed state of mind) I think the Ravens would/could have beaten them. If they beat the Titans, then I'll feel a little bit better.
    I'd like the Rams to beat the Falcons only because they're a new playoff team and it's fun for me to see new faces. Anyway, Matty Ice had his chance and he and his team let it slip away in historic fashion... Bc
    Last edited by BcRaven; 01-06-2018 at 11:22 AM.

Here’s my list of winners:

Chiefs
    Jags
    Falcons
    Saints
    "I don't know a man on this Earth who can outwork me". Ray Lewis

Blog Entries

Date & Time Favorite Spread Underdog
    1/6 4:30 ET At Kansas City -8.5 Tennessee
    1/6 8:15 ET At LA Rams -6 Atlanta
    1/7 1:00 ET At Jacksonville -8.5 Buffalo
    1/7 4:40 ET At New Orleans -7 Carolina

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Date & Time Favorite Spread Underdog
    1/6 4:30 ET At Kansas City -8.5 Tennessee
    1/6 8:15 ET At LA Rams -6 Atlanta
    1/7 1:00 ET At Jacksonville -8.5 Buffalo
    1/7 4:40 ET At New Orleans -7 Carolina
    Let's hope there is an upset or two in there (Alex Smith. Andy Reid. C'mon down!!!). Otherwise it looks like a repeat of last year's WC snooze-fest.

Chiefs last home playoff win was at the hands of Joe Montana.....

They have lost the last 5 home playoff games since then

I think that changes today.

Go Rams

Quote Originally Posted by nickh0801 View Post
    Chiefs last home playoff win was at the hands of Joe Montana.....

They have lost the last 5 home playoff games since then

I think that changes today
    Between the Chiefs, Titans, Bills and Jaguars. 2 teams will break a playoff win drought of 10+ years. EDIT: My mistake. The Chiefs beat the Texans in Houston 2 years ago.
    Last edited by PeterB58; 01-06-2018 at 11:30 AM. Reason: Correction