Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Would you be willing to make a Wentz like deal?

Quote Originally Posted by NC Raven View Post
    No. None of them look good enough to justify it. Plus Cleveland has the 1 and 4 so... realistically you're not getting whoever you like even if you move up. Bad year to do it IMO.

Show me a guy with deadly accuracy who played under center in a WCO and I'd think about it. Other than that we're stuck.
    Do they even produce those in college anymore?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Not for 2018, or while Joe is still around. You can't do it with his contract. The Eagles can put all these pieces around Wentz because he's on that rookie deal for 3 more years. If the Ravens did it they'd have a rookie QB that they couldn't put pieces around because they would still be paying out the ass for Flacco. Once Flacco is gone, maybe.

Not naming names but some of y'all really need to accept the fact that Flacco is the QB of this team for a couple more years minimum.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    No.

Whenever Joe is done? Maybe. Depends on who would be available.

Don't think Ozzie would though...I think he's still haunted by that Boller trade and that plays a big role why he is hesitant to give up high picks to move up.
    He tried to give a truckload of picks to move up and take Matt Ryan. If he finds a player he likes enough, and if he needs a QB bad enough, he'll do it.

More likely he'll get a mid-round guy and hope to develop something behind Joe. Sooner or later most teams have to draft a QB high. This year's playoff QBs:

Brady (6th round)
    Tyrod (6th)
    Smith (1st)
    Ben (1st)
    Bortles (1st)
    Mariota (1st)
    Wentz* (1st -- we'll count him since he's the guy that got them there)
    Goff (1st)
    Keenum (UFA)
    Brees (2nd)
    Newton (1st)
    Ryan (1st)

Three teams caught lightening in a bottle. But most of those guys that were 1sts were very high firsts. Oz had to trade up to get Joe, he had to trade up to get Boller (well, down, and THEN up) and 90% chance he will have to trade up to get the next Ravens franchise QB.
    Last edited by HotInHere; 01-03-2018 at 01:52 PM.
    "Chin up, chest out."

How about getting some damn wide receivers and tight ends who can catch and other teams actually have to plan against? What's the point of trading for a young QB if he is throwing the ball to Perriman, Moore and Maxx Williams?

Blog Entries

So what would you do with this qb? You would have no cap space, you're WRs would be Moore and 11 your TEs would be Broyle and Maxx. I'm sure said rookie would look great oh and Harbaugh is going to be the coach....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by boller4president View Post
    Would you be willing to move multiple future picks in an attempt to get one of the top Qb's?
    Now? With Harbaugh as the HC ??? No way!

In the future? Sure. I could get behind anything a new HC and front office tries. Total rebuild, trade picks, get creative, anything.

I'm sick of watching them try to develop a team Harbaugh's way. It's so hard to watch and follow it makes me ill. Same ole garbage, same approach year after year

Maybe for Barkley

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

No! No! No! ... did I mention No!
    The Ravens have holes all over, and still have Joe Flacco.
    I think when Ozzie traded away a 1st in the Boller deal, he regretted it and won't trade away a #1 again... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by xiao_ke View Post
    How about getting some damn wide receivers and tight ends who can catch and other teams actually have to plan against? What's the point of trading for a young QB if he is throwing the ball to Perriman, Moore and Maxx Williams?
    THIS

Blog Entries

No is the answer because of what has already been stated. That said if we pick too 10 next year and Joe played similar to this year then yes, I think it’s definitely a possibility.

I've said things about Joe that were not very encouraging. But Then I remember when he had Boldin, Torrey, Pitta, Rice and a good offensive line. They won a Super Bowl, ya know? Why can't the FO do that again? Every QB needs pieces put in place for them to win a Super Bowl. So emphatically NO to making a deal for Wentz. The FO would have to give him the pieces he needs to win so why not just do that for Joe.

He's already proven he can win if given the right pieces! So... Let's start there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

No.

So some rookie can come in here throwing to guys like BP, Moore, Camp, Maxx Williams. You think Joe looks bad, put a rookie back there. Just give Joe some weapons