Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Another great cap article from Brian

Quote Originally Posted by Jfoh View Post
    So again we are in camp hell for two to three more years unless we just bite the bucket and take a dump on one years cap space. Expect to be 4-12 that year and start a real rebuild.
    That's when it's best you rebuild clean your cap get a high draft pick and hope you hit on your next franchise qb

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    oh we know they gonna kick that can down the road lol
    I honestly think it's how Stevie wants it. He wants to compete he's going to spend up to the cap with restructures until he doesn't have a qb any more. Once your qb is gone then you cut all your salary, have a terrible year go 2-14, 3-13 go get your qb (hopefully you hit but chances are you miss and you repeat till you find the qb. Could be 1 year could be 15 years). Then you can be a wash with 100 million in cap space like Cleveland or Sf

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    How is it that we are up against the cap every year with a mediocre team?
    Great question. That really is an issue year after year. I thought when the Ray Rice and Dennis Pitta contracts were of the books they'd have a lot more room. There aren't even any play making stars on the team.

They remind me of an ex-girfriend I had that was constantly in debt. She'd only give my half the story of her outstanding bills. So when she would pay them off I would think she's looking pretty good, until she tells me about some bills she "forgot" about. She was never getting out of debt. You know, the whole spending more than you have on things you don't need thing.

Blog Entries

Brian was just on the radio he was breaking it all down, it's rough and we don't have a lot of flexibility this year with players like we did last year.

Blog Entries

This just leads me more to believe the main issue with this team at this point is Oz. It's a very good question to ask, how they are so tight to the cap but totally devoid of any legitimate playmakers on either side of the ball. Kind of ridiculous.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    This just leads me more to believe the main issue with this team at this point is Oz. It's a very good question to ask, how they are so tight to the cap but totally devoid of any legitimate playmakers on either side of the ball. Kind of ridiculous.
    BWill , Jefferson, Weddle = 28 million per year

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Goode05 View Post

lol Goode tryna cut the whole damn defense

Just random... but can you trade cap space. Like say the browns gift us 20mil over for the next 2 years and we give them a pick?

Quote Originally Posted by IBleedPurple2127 View Post
    We're really starting to feel the effects of the lackluster drafts. When you have more players busting than hitting in the first two days of the draft, that means more money having to be spent on veterans at those positions. I just don't see how we can keep going down this road. WE NEED CHANGE!
    Case in point:

Their starting safeties are eating $17+ million in cap space.

Replace those 2 with Elam and Brooks and what's the number drop to?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    lol Goode tryna cut the whole damn defense
    Not cut it but that's a big chunk of your cap that all did nothing on the play that ended your season. Weddle up at the line doing nothing and failing to get back zero interior pressure on the pass if even on the field and Jefferson doing what Jefferson did all year mainly nothing. One of Weddle or Jefferson would be gone and only Weddle is Cuttable

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by arnie_uk View Post
    Just random... but can you trade cap space. Like say the browns gift us 20mil over for the next 2 years and we give them a pick?
    Didn't they basically do it with Osweiler

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Goode05 View Post

Williams is the real albatross. They never should have paid him what they did. I felt that way then and I feel that way now. At least with Jefferson and to a lesser extent Weddle, a new DC will probably do some good. Williams is who he is, and he isn't a 50M player in today's NFL.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52