Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Brady & Bellicheat Timeline ?

How many more years do they have?

Will NE regret the Jimmy G trade?

How fun will watching a 10 year down cycle post - Brady retirement be???

Looking for something to talk about other than the boys in purple for a minute, something I can smile about.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Brady & Bellicheat Timeline ?

Look at Tom Brady's December stats, he is looking like a 40 year old trying to play a 16 game season.

https://www.pro-football-reference.c...0/splits/2017/

Quote Originally Posted by BillickFan View Post
    How many more years do they have?

Will NE regret the Jimmy G trade?

How fun will watching a 10 year down cycle post - Brady retirement be???

Looking for something to talk about other than the boys in purple for a minute, something I can smile about.....

Supposedly Bellichik wanted to keep Jimmy G

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Here is one possible timeline. Both his offense and defense coordinators end up taking head. coaching jobs. The day after the SB Bill announces his retirement. Then Kraft will understand that his decision to keep Brady and force the Garp. trade was a drastic mistake. The Pats are a hodgepodge of old players, injury prone players and fillins with a 41 year old qb. Next year 8-8 will be a real challenge. Then Brady will see there is no chance to win again and decide to retire. The Pats will be the next Cowboy franchise for 30 years, a big name, living on their past and rarely relevant.

Quote Originally Posted by Jfoh View Post
    Here is one possible timeline. Both his offense and defense coordinators end up taking head. coaching jobs. The day after the SB Bill announces his retirement. Then Kraft will understand that his decision to keep Brady and force the Garp. trade was a drastic mistake. The Pats are a hodgepodge of old players, injury prone players and fillins with a 41 year old qb. Next year 8-8 will be a real challenge. Then Brady will see there is no chance to win again and decide to retire. The Pats will be the next Cowboy franchise for 30 years, a big name, living on their past and rarely relevant.
    One can only dream...

Blog Entries

I think Bill drafts another qb and keeps right on going tbh

Quote Originally Posted by Goode05 View Post
    I think Bill drafts another qb and keeps right on going tbh

That's a huge risk in regards to his "legacy".

Blog Entries

Brady is a cyborg that's going to play another 5+ years IMO. He's the MVP at age 40 and IMO will be representing the AFC in the SB once again, so I really don't know what to say. Until he starts falling off, no reason to try and project when he'll retire.

And I don't think that ends things for them either as long as Hoodie is there. Between Jimmy G, Brissett, even Cassell, the guy is pretty good at identifying and drafting NFL caliber QBs. I don't think the Patriots run ends by any means when Brady hangs it up, unless coach does also.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizer View Post
    Supposedly Bellichik wanted to keep Jimmy G

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
    The problem is Jimmy G is going to be a $20-25M a year QB in 2018 and going forward. The Patriots lose all of their rights to him after 2017, except for the ability to slap the franchise tag on him ($24M a year for the first year). I know that Brady isn't making much, but I think that he still has $12-15M cap hits. They could afford to pushing $40M on QB's when they can only start one.

The Patriots' timing was all off. They would have been lucky to have drafted him 2-3 years after they did. I think that BB should have traded him over the off-season last year, he could have received a 1st round pick or higher then. It was plain stupidity to wait until the deadline.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Trackmaster View Post
    The problem is Jimmy G is going to be a $20-25M a year QB in 2018 and going forward. The Patriots lose all of their rights to him after 2017, except for the ability to slap the franchise tag on him ($24M a year for the first year). I know that Brady isn't making much, but I think that he still has $12-15M cap hits. They could afford to pushing $40M on QB's when they can only start one.

The Patriots' timing was all off. They would have been lucky to have drafted him 2-3 years after they did. I think that BB should have traded him over the off-season last year, he could have received a 1st round pick or higher then. It was plain stupidity to wait until the deadline.
    Brady has cap hits of 22 million this year and next with 7 million dead cap next year if moved on from/retires

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Money227 View Post
    That's a huge risk in regards to his "legacy".
    I think he wants to prove he can do it with out TB

Quote Originally Posted by Goode05 View Post
    I think he wants to prove he can do it with out TB

I get it, but it's risky. Then again...he may just love coaching and not give a damn about his legacy.