Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Raven Rumor Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    smh Ravens are in bad shape and why is it Harbaugh should have any pull at this point he has missed 4 playoffs in the last 5yrs? And how is Ozzie not looking for another job at this point, we lack playmakers, we have bad contracts what the heck is going on in the Castle? Steve B need to put his damn foot down asap!
    If I'm Ozzie I'm considering jumping ship. Harbaugh should have no say in personnel decisions at this point.

Blog Entries

It isn't a rumor, but in no way should MM or the offensive staff be "safe".

They were a bottom feeder offense this year. Their total passing offense was 27th, I believe. That's simply not good enough with a franchise QB. Can't blame the OL entirely because they played really well. Can't blame a lack of running game because Alex Collins and Buck Allen. Can't blame injuries too much because they had their top WR's healthy most of the season.

I dont care what Joe says, Marty shouldn't be safe.

If any offensive coaches are safe, it should be Greg Roman, Joe D'Alessandris, and Tom Hammock. In fact, if Harbaugh wanted to do the right thing for the team, he'd fire Marty and promote Greg Roman to OC.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post

They were a bottom feeder offense this year. Their total passing offense was 27th, I believe. That's simply not good enough with a franchise QB. Can't blame the OL entirely because they played really well. Can't blame a lack of running game because Alex Collins and Buck Allen. Can't blame injuries too much because they had their top WR's healthy most of the season.

If any offensive coaches are safe, it should be Greg Roman, Joe D'Alessandris, and Tom Hammock. In fact, if Harbaugh wanted to do the right thing for the team, he'd fire Marty and promote Greg Roman to OC.
    my point exactly Wicked. I see folks saying "oh they got better in the second half of the season, 9th is scoring blah blah blah" We played some very bad teams and caught a lot of breaks with injuries to other teams.

Just remember last season with the dean pees and the defense we heard the same story on that side of the ball "they finished strong in the 2nd half of the season the secondary was injured blah, blah, blah" and we seen what happen there. Same shit will equal same results.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    If I'm Ozzie I'm considering jumping ship. Harbaugh should have no say in personnel decisions at this point.
    he should be lucky to have a job, Steve B is being loyal to the wrong folks right now.

Blog Entries

Not really a rumor, but Bengals DC Paul Guenther leaving for another job.

He's been linked to Jon Gruden as part of his staff when he goes back to Oakland.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

my point exactly Wicked. I see folks saying "oh they got better in the second half of the season, 9th is scoring blah blah blah" We played some very bad teams and caught a lot of breaks with injuries to other teams.

Just remember last season with the dean pees and the defense we heard the same story on that side of the ball "they finished strong in the 2nd half of the season the secondary was injured blah, blah, blah" and we seen what happen there. Same shit will equal same results.
    The Ravens played some very bad team early in the season as well and their offense still wasn't performing well. It's obvious that the offense was simply better and more efficient in the second half of the season. I don't know if that's due to Joe Flacco back getting more healthy or him and Marty just growing better chemistry which probably was harder to do during the off season due to Flacco missing so much time from training camp and etc.

Former Ravens outside linebacker Jarrett Johnson stated on the Glenn Clark show that he thought " if fans were to sit in with an opposing defensive coordinator and watch our offense, they would be shocked by what Marty's been able to create [with this personnel]".

Blog Entries

Their top WRs being healthy most of the year doesn't mean much when they aren't any good. The offense actually got better when Maclin was hurt and de-emphasized in the offense, and Perriman was benched. I'm not saying MM should be entirely safe but I just don't see the benefit of changing outweighing the benefit of giving Joe another year in MM's system - so long as you actually put some offensive weapons around him.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jazz1988 View Post
    The Ravens played some very bad team early in the season as well and their offense still wasn't performing well. It's obvious that the offense was simply better and more efficient in the second half of the season. I don't know if that's due to Joe Flacco back getting more healthy or him and Marty just growing better chemistry which probably was harder to do during the off season due to Flacco missing so much time from training camp and etc.

Former Ravens outside linebacker Jarrett Johnson stated on the Glenn Clark show that he thought " if fans were to sit in with an opposing defensive coordinator and watch our offense, they would be shocked by what Marty's been able to create [with this personnel]".
    their whole schedule was easy, it won't be that easy next year.

9. Re: Raven Rumor Thread

their whole schedule was easy, it won't be that easy next year.
    So, mark us down for 8-8 w/ some injuries that give Bisciotti leeway to bring the entire band back for 2019?!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Knox Harrington View Post
    So, mark us down for 8-8 w/ some injuries that give Bisciotti leeway to bring the entire band back for 2019?!
    Yep. Deja vu all over again.

11. Re: Raven Rumor Thread

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post

To be be honest, I think the offense overachieved in the 2nd half of this past season. I mean the personnel on Offense was at very best mediocre.

The Defense shit the bed. How many 3rd and longs did they give up? Pierce, Williams & Henry were so worn down by week 15 that I'm surprised they weren't being shuffled on and off the field by wheelbarrows when they actually did get subbed for. Harbaugh's unwillingness to go 6 deep on the dline had a lot to do with the collapse.

Quote Originally Posted by Knox Harrington View Post
    As Al Davis used to say "Just Continue, Baby!"