Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Re: Raven Rumor Thread

Quote Originally Posted by sawraven1 View Post
    Here i though 2018 our cap situation was improving.
    AFTER 2018 our cap situation improves. Joe's number becomes manageable, etc etc.

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    I think they decided that Joe was finally healthy and moving better, so they stopped "protecting" him so much and put in longer routes and more guys in the pattern.

I think they were being prudently conservative in the first half of the season, because Flacco's back was brittle and he wasn't moving well. And maybe they kept up the "conservatism" 2 or 3 weeks longer than was strictly necessary – which is smart. Then on the bye week they all became fully convinced that Joe was fine.
    No they were not being conservative. Joes back wasn't a problem in 2016 and our offense was absolute garbage, it got worse when MM took over for Trestman.

You keep wanting to blame some phantom problem out there in the ether (Back problem, knee problem, Joe missed training camp) LOL He is a 10 year vet so what he missed training camp.

There is one reason behind this garbage scheme and its the lousy coaches designing it.

The offense didn't change this year, until Pitta went public about the 1 read/ checkdown thing and all of sudden 2 weeks later we see a vertical passing game.

GEt on board. This coaching staff sucks!, that's all you need to know about why this team underperformed, and under whelmed

GET on board. This coaching staff sucks!, that's all you need to know about why this team underperformed, and under whelmed
    Yeah, not buying it. I believe the thing that JAB quoted Jarrett Johnson as saying.

Because otherwise, what you are saying implies that we had great talent at WR. We had great players at the pass-catching positions, potential Pro-Bowlers all over, but poor coaching brought them down.

Is that what you mean?

Blog Entries

The problem with Joe wasn't the back. He broke his knee brace I believe in that Houston game and from that point from what I understand on he didn't wear one. And who did he look like after that? More or less, the pre-ACL injury Joe. He wore the brace all of 2016, too.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

I've been all over the place with this. Here's what I'll say about Offensive Coordination:

Marty and Roman may be a perfect marriage. If you look at the early going, it certainly didn't look like Mary's offense. it was Romans by all accounts. Which got us a run game that got going, but very VERY vanilla passing patterns - the type of stuff he set up for Kaep and Tyrod that could utilize their ability to move and extend the play to get things accomplished while also leaving little opportunity for error by QB and pass catchers.

But that pass game was not productive.

Personnel wise, 2nd half they benched Perriman, put in Moore, and Maclin was hurt and/or deemphasized. But at the same time, you saw the return of the screen game (thats a Marty / Andy Reid disciple thing) and the use of more misdirection in the pass game. I attribute the scheme parts to getting Marty back involved in the passing game more and more of the Andy Reid style screen game mixed in with the existing run game Roman implemented AND some more deep shots.

Should we can Marty? Look, i want to blow this entire thing up. Really. But lets also say, realistically, if we don't have a guy in mind and Kubiak is not available, we could end up a LOT worse than we were the last 6-8 games. And once we optimized Collins' involvement, had Terrance West ride the pine, and got Moore involved over perriman, there was an uptick in production that ALSO coincided with Joe not wearing the knee brace AND more screen game.

The biggest issue I still see is talent wise - soft players who ALL need to be perfectly thrown open. Given Joe 1-2 people who are big bodied and can high point and at least TRY to draw PI's the way Torrey Smith did, and we'll be cooking.

If the Eagles cut Torrey, I'd love to get him back in purple.

6. Re: Raven Rumor Thread

AFTER 2018 our cap situation improves. Joe's number becomes manageable, etc etc.
    So the Ravens will have to have a Saints like draft in order to compete in 2018.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Harbaugh is safe. Marty is coming back. Chuck Pagano is their top choice to replace the retired Pees. That's the situation. All the complaining about it won't change anything.
    I'm not crazy about Marty returning but the offense was in something like the Top 5 for scoring the 2nd half of the season. There may be some truth to his excuse that he game planned differently due to Flacco not being 100%. So we will see how he does with a healthy Flacco. I do hope someone gives him some pointers on 2 min drills & how horrible we are at screens though. I also give him a little leeway (as Flacco gets too) for the garbage we call a receiving corps.

I would love to have Pagano back but something inside me says we need a newer, fresher mind. Not going to gripe about Chuck though if he decides to come home.

Reading the Cap article, honestly seems much to do about nothing. There are easy cap gains (obv Maclin, but also Woodhead, Webb and others if needed) and he's operating off a conservative cap projection.

The challenge to me is - can we get 1 veteran WR - Wallace or someone else, at a Steve-Smith Sr. type rate. If we can do that, and draft offensive pieces, we'll be in OK to good shape.

Defensively, we over-invested (to our own detriment) last year, and I just can't see putting more bodies into our current log-jam. The offense should, and I think will, get some needed attention in the draft and free agency.

Yeah, not buying it. I believe the thing that JAB quoted Jarrett Johnson as saying.

Because otherwise, what you are saying implies that we had great talent at WR. We had great players at the pass-catching positions, potential Pro-Bowlers all over, but poor coaching brought them down.

Is that what you mean?

DUDE i know Baltimore is a huge open area drug market but you need to lay off the sauce brother.

If you believe any opposing defensive coordinator is quaking in their boots facing this inept ass coaching staff and this sub par scrub WR core you are seriously kidding your self.

Our offense is the biggest joke in the NFL, there is no more vanilla scheme, there is no WR group worst than the scrubs we trot out there every sunday.

The Browns have a guy who has missed 3 years, 3 years of work and is light years better than anything we have. And you want to bang Joes Woes on him a 10 yeat vet missing training camp.

How about Josh Gordon who hasn't played a down in 3 years out performing our entire WR core.

If you believe any opposing defensive coordinator is quaking in their boots facing this inept ass coaching staff and this sub par scrub WR core you are seriously kidding your self.
    That's not what anyone said. What was said was, it's impressive what they managed to put together on offense given the pieces we had. 3rd & 4th string O-linemen, basically one old-ass TE, and a weak receiving cops. #9 in scoring in the whole league. It's an accomplishment.

The talent was terrible but the results were decent. What does that mean? Do the math.

Blog Entries

ROMAN did A GOOD JOB. Marty can kick rocks.

Quote Originally Posted by Goode05 View Post
    What's dmd smooth?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    DrewsMorningDish

http://www.drewsmorningdish.com