Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Raven Rumor Thread

Any rumors? Any rumblings? Anything?

Somebody tell me something!

I mean, if John Harbaugh were truly safe, why wouldn't Steve Bisciotti just come out and say it already? Who will the OC be? Is it true that Harbaugh wants Fangio and Bisciotti wants Pagano?

Tony?!

Somebody?!

Anybody?!
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Re: Raven Rumor Thread

Pagano/Fangio rumor source?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Pagano/Fangio rumor source?
    Sounds like an Ed Norris special there.
    Last edited by The Excellector; 01-03-2018 at 02:05 AM.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Sounds like an Ed Norton special there.
    Where are you hearing that Harbaugh wants Fangio?

And heres a rumor for you: John Harbaugh is on a beach in Cancun wearing a Bengal-print speedo.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    Where are you hearing that Harbaugh wants Fangio?

And heres a rumor for you: John Harbaugh is on a beach in Cancun wearing a Bengal-print speedo.
    See post above. Note: I initially misspelled his last name.

6. Re: Raven Rumor Thread

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    I mean, if John Harbaugh were truly safe, why wouldn't Steve Bisciotti just come out and say it already?
    Its possible that Bischotti thinks fan reaction to retaining Harbaugh will be less negative if he waits a bit instead of announcing it immediately after a home loss to a division rival where the team collapsed at the end of a game again and kept us out of the playoffs for the 4th time in 5 years. It gives people time to get a handle on any anger or disappointment they might feel and to gradually adjust to the idea of Harbaugh returning as they kind of subconciously begin to realize that that's what going to happen as more time passes with this unresolved and the stockholm syndome starts kicking in. Its like we're frogs who've jumped into lukeworm water that is slowly being brought up to boiling in the hopes that we won't notice. ;)

*Or* Bischotti needs time to think about it *or* they are negotiating a contractual settlement on that extension they stupidly signed him to early in the season (That's not 20-20 hindsight, I said I was against it at the time, too) *or* Harbaugh has been given some sort of ultamatum and they are waiting on his answer (i.e. He may have been told that MM is out and that both coordinators will be high profile guys from outside the organization and if he doesn't agree to it, he's out, whereas he may want MM and Wink. It could also have something to do with level of control where a condition of him staying might be coordinators with almost complete autonomy) *or* they think they can trade him for a draft pick (I doubt it)

But its probably what I said in the first paragraph.

Somebody?!

Anybody?!
    It seems like there are a lot fewer media outlets doing a lot fewer stories these days. I guess that probably has something to do with the financial decline of print journalism creating fewer reporters and fewer articles.

And of course two of the biggest sources for Ravens news now are house owned- the team website and the NFL website. In a sense its good to have those outlets producing much better more thorough more frequent content than they did in the old days, but obviously they are not likely to report on this sort of thing. You won't get an editorial on the team website calling for Harbaugh to be fired if the owner doesn't want Harbaugh to be fired, etc...

Steve has been quiet all season long which makes me think he's got something bubbling in the ol' pot.

Blog Entries

Baltimore Sun says that Ravens are talking to Pagano.

Blog Entries

Harbaugh is safe. Marty is coming back. Chuck Pagano is their top choice to replace the retired Pees. That's the situation. All the complaining about it won't change anything.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Harbaugh is safe. Marty is coming back. Chuck Pagano is their top choice to replace the retired Pees. That's the situation. All the complaining about it won't change anything.
    Wont keep from fans whining about it, hence the "trade flacco" threads or the "trade Harbaugh" threads.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by usmccharles View Post
    Wont keep from fans whining about it, hence the "trade flacco" threads or the "trade Harbaugh" threads.
    School is back in session so the guys starting those threads are busy with algebra homework and video games.

It's the fans who have been on these boards for years who know how this organization works that I don't get. Bisciotti has said for years that he admires the Steelers organization and wants to model his on theirs. These teams don't fire head coaches off of winning seasons. If we ended up like the Giants this year then everyone would be out. If we ended up like the Bengals then it would be a real chance for change. None of that happened. Tie goes to the runner. A mediocre record will give the coach with a good track record another chance. That's just reality for the Ravens.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    School is back in session so the guys starting those threads are busy with algebra homework and video games.

It's the fans who have been on these boards for years who know how this organization works that I don't get. Bisciotti has said for years that he admires the Steelers organization and wants to model his on theirs. These teams don't fire head coaches off of winning seasons. If we ended up like the Giants this year then everyone would be out. If we ended up like the Bengals then it would be a real chance for change. None of that happened. Tie goes to the runner. A mediocre record will give the coach with a good track record another chance. That's just reality for the Ravens.
    Couldn't agree more. There usually isn't surprises with the FO

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    “I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart