I've mentioned this in other posts, but if the Ravens were to move on from Harbs and look for an offensive minded coach, would the Ravens be an attractive landing spot? Sure the organization has had strong leadership, sustained success, and a good fan base. But do they really have the chance to get a lot better on offense?

Fact is Joe gets paid Aaron Rodgers money, and he doesn't carry the offense like Aaron Rodgers does. I get that big QB contracts are a necessary evil in this day's NFL, but those contracts limit a team's ability to invest elsewhere. Like every team, the Ravens are going to hit on some free agents and draft picks and not on others. The great QBs can cover up a lot of deficiencies elsewhere, and therefore, don't kill their teams by commanding so much of the cap: Brady, Rodgers, Brees, Wilson, etc. But when your QB makes Brees' money and doesn't deliver Brees' numbers week in and week out, the whole team suffers.

I like Flacco, and he's been great in the playoffs. Whether he can ever be 2012 playoff Flacco again, who knows? He hasn't been the same since the injury, but he was better down the stretch this year. But he's not carrying the offense from week to week like a top QB. Because of that, the team can't even get into the playoffs. Sure the D let the team down on the last play Sunday. But they were also on the field for 50+ snaps IN THE FIRST HALF because the offense was a joke. I understand the Ravens don't have offensive playmakers. But they don't have cap space. Flacco takes up all that space. And he sucked most of the year. Then the other part of the year he was fine. Not great or even good; he was fine. You can win with fine. It's been done. But it's hard as hell to win with fine when you are paying fine like world-class. That severely limits your flexibility.

There are lots of changes the Ravens can make to try and get better in the off-season. But the biggest investment they've made is in Flacco. And he's not playing like a $25M man. If you were an offensive coach on the rise, would you jump at the challenge of trying to turn around an offense helmed by a 10-year veteran whose best quality is that he doesn't get frazzled in the playoffs? That's great if you can get to the playoffs. But as we've seen over the past several years, the Ravens haven't been able to surround Flacco with enough guys that can carry Flacco to the playoffs so he can do his thing. Yeah the FO hasn't hit on all their draft picks and signings. But no FO does. Guys are going to get injured. Such is life. Problem with the Ravens is there is no margin for error because Flacco's contract is such an albatross...

But whatever. Flacco World Order and all...