Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Ravens have reached out to Chuck Pagano

As much as I like Chuck...same ole same ole. More f’n retreads. Shit let’s see if Billick wants to be OC. Harbs needs to go. We need young blood here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know I'm the minority, but I'm just not excited for Pags. I'm just not in the mood for a retread right now...
    This franchise is circling the toilet bowl of mediocrity waiting to be flushed.

Hire 2 offensive coordinators. Hear me out. OC 2 is someone preferably faced us and has knows how to successfully game plan against our D. His job is to play the role of next weeks OC and show the DC where he would be attacking. He is also there in case OC1 can’t put any points on the board. Maybe they have someone who plays that role. I dunno.

Blog Entries

As long as it ain't Pees. There's at least a half dozen significant upgrades at Defensive Coordinator out there right now. The Ravens can't possibly fuck this up.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by shana View Post
    I know I'm the minority, but I'm just not excited for Pags. I'm just not in the mood for a retread right now...
    Same.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Quote Originally Posted by NCRavensFan View Post
    Hire 2 offensive coordinators. Hear me out. OC 2 is someone preferably faced us and has knows how to successfully game plan against our D. His job is to play the role of next weeks OC and show the DC where he would be attacking. He is also there in case OC1 can’t put any points on the board. Maybe they have someone who plays that role. I dunno.
    Todd Haley might be a nice F.U. to the Steelers if we could wrestle him away. Ben doesn't like him, but all he's done is have their offense consistently in the top ten. I'd wager Ben is enough of a dope not to appreciate what's good for him. Plus you have a coach that can contribute several years of knowing our main rival's tendencies.
    I'm more intrigued by Fangio, but if Pagano wants to come back, I'd be fine with that too.

Pagano was the coordinator when the Ravens defense last felt like it was THE Ravens defense. Of course, that defense also had Lewis, Reed, Ngata, and JJ.

Pagano likely fixes some things. Yet, I remain worried that there is something about Harbaugh's approach to young players that caps their ceilings. A 35 year old Terrell Suggs shouldn't be the team's best defensive player. Perhaps a returning Pagano helps answer the question of who/what the limiting factor is.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Coram_Nobis View Post
    Pagano was the coordinator when the Ravens defense last felt like it was THE Ravens defense. Of course, that defense also had Lewis, Reed, Ngata, and JJ.

Pagano likely fixes some things. Yet, I remain worried that there is something about Harbaugh's approach to young players that caps their ceilings. A 35 year old Terrell Suggs shouldn't be the team's best defensive player. Perhaps a returning Pagano helps answer the question of who/what the limiting factor is.
    I do believe Pagano would have the balls to tell Harbaugh to go take a seat somewhere if he tries to tell to do something he isn't comfortable with.

Quote Originally Posted by shana View Post
    I don't hate it but I don't see what the infatuation is. He was our DC for only a year and that defense had talent comin' out the wazoo.. maybe even Pees wouldn't fuck up 2011's defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    I don't hate it but I don't see what the infatuation is. He was our DC for only a year and that defense had talent comin' out the wazoo.. maybe even Pees wouldn't fuck up 2011's defense.
    Lol. Pees would.

There's a lot of truth to this and that can even extend to almost all of our DCs over the years. From the time we signed Rod Woodson until when Lewis and Reed retired, we were gifted with an exceptionally smart on-field presence that a lot of teams never get to benefit from. It didn't hurt that they were all amazing athletes at the same time.

Blog Entries

Pees would fuck up the 2000 defense.