Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Disastrous NFL Playoff TV Ratings

Each of the four games were down more than 10% from last year. With the Saints/Panthers game down a whopping 21%.

https://www.si.com/extra-mustard/201...e-big-declines

The NFL can act like everything is okay but they've got to know they have a major issue on their hands. I think the NFL has peaked and the golden years are coming to an end.

Blog Entries

Re: Disastrous NFL Playoff TV Ratings

Look at the matchups. No one cares about KC came tenn or Jax vs Buffalo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Look at the matchups. No one cares about KC came tenn or Jax vs Buffalo"

Ratings were down 9.7% for the entire season. The NFL is running out of excuses. Last year it was the election. What is the excuse for the regular season?

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...regular-season

Blog Entries

There are plenty of reasons viewing is down for all of television, not just NFL Football. Wait until Pittsburgh and Patriots are on primetime.

I know the last couple of weeks I watched Redzone, not a game. My sons neither even have cable, they use netflix and stream stuff.

Then there is this:

Despite the drop in NFL ratings, Nielsen data shows that the 20 of the 30 highest-rated shows on television in 2017 were football games. Both NBC and ESPN had the most-watched shows every single week, in terms of audience and in all key male demographics, for Sunday Night Football and Monday Night Football games this season.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by psuraven View Post
    Each of the four games were down more than 10% from last year. With the Saints/Panthers game down a whopping 21%.

The NFL can act like everything is okay but they've got to know they have a major issue on their hands. I think the NFL has peaked and the golden years are coming to an end.
    I mean, was their rate of growth sustainable forever? I would assume not. I think there is going to be an inevitable dip as old fans age out and they have to attract new younger ones. Every industry, especially entrainment based ones, have to deal with this eventually.

It's official now.....Jacksonville literally has no shot to advance to the AFCCG regardless of how well they play this weekend.
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

Quote Originally Posted by Goode05 View Post
    Look at the matchups. No one cares about KC came tenn or Jax vs Buffalo
    The ironic thing is that the games last weekend were 10x more watchable than last year's WC round. I enjoyed all the games from this past weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    There are plenty of reasons viewing is down for all of television, not just NFL Football. Wait until Pittsburgh and Patriots are on primetime.

I know the last couple of weeks I watched Redzone, not a game. My sons neither even have cable, they use netflix and stream stuff.

Then there is this:
    This!!! Was just about to mention this fact. Despite declining ratings the NFL continues to be among the most watched show on TV

Blog Entries

"Look at the matchups. No one cares about KC came tenn or Jax vs Buffalo"

Ratings were down 9.7% for the entire season. The NFL is running out of excuses. Last year it was the election. What is the excuse for the regular season?

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...regular-season
    How many people have cut their cords? I'm mid 30s a lot of my younger friends do not have cable. A lot use "other ways" to watch sports/tv

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

I think the games/teams involved played a pretty big role, and although there are clearly other factors at play too, that's probably the biggest reason. See what ratings are next week w/ Philly, Pitt, and NE all playing. Nobody outside of the most diehard of football fan gives any shit about a 10-3 Jax/Buf game.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

I wonder what the Alabama Georgia game drew? Do you think fantasy football hurts?

they're still the number 1 sport, and #1 watched show when they are on. So they still are making fist fulls of cash. I dont think they care nearly as much as the people who want to pretend the NFL is in financial trouble.
    Burn it down