Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Dear Mr. Bisciotti.

Quote Originally Posted by HbgPARavenfan View Post
    Agree. I dont know whats going on but the players we draft either Suck, or are being used wrong. The amount of draft capital we have on defense sitting on the bench is unreal
    Pay attention to the player. Here is good example.

Tony Jefferson just got paid and being used wrong. Pees has him all over the place in coverage most of the time, when he made a living in Arizona playing up near the line.

So Ozzie didn't buy that rotten vegetable, he handed the CHEF a ripe vegetable. The dumb ass line cook left it out to spoil

Quote Originally Posted by sawraven1 View Post

Tony Jefferson just got paid and being used wrong. Pees has him all over the place in coverage most of the time, when he made a living in Arizona playing up near the line.

So Ozzie didn't buy that rotten vegetable, he handed the CHEF a ripe vegetable. The dumb ass line cook left it out to spoil
    Yup. Makes you wonder just how bad past draft picks really were (Elam, Brooks) when we bring in a proven product like Jefferson and he ends up looking just as bad.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaRaven View Post
    Yup. Makes you wonder just how bad past draft picks really were (Elam, Brooks) when we bring in a proven product like Jefferson and he ends up looking just as bad.
    You think Jefferson was as bad as Elam and Brooks? I mean, he was a bit disappointing but I think it's a stretch to compare him to those gents.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by sawraven1 View Post

Excellent example. Bisciotti wanted pass rushers, so Ozzie got him Judon, Bowser and T Williams. Why did the pass rush disappear at the end of the year? Why is Bowser in the doghouse for having made mental errors? Rookies need to play. Bowser has tremendous ability. Look at the draft profile on T Williams - a terrific pass rusher, known nationwide. Nowhere to be seen. Thanks to the Harbaugh/Pees touch, they are still practically fresh rookies.

Remember Elam - at the end of his rookie year a lot of people thought he had a halfway decent year, and were looking forward to improvement in his second year. Pees "took him under his wing" - and Elam fucking regressed, making an elementary blunder which cost us the AFCCG in early 2015 - not so long ago.

Harbaugh wants to elevate coaches at the expense of players. He doesn't want vocal players. He doesn't understand offense or defense that I can tell. Why he glommed onto Marty is a mystery to me, but no, it's not really, it is an old Philly buddy. Why he sets up Marty opposite Roman is pure idiocy, but Harbaugh does it. I think he wants one of them, not him, to be the fall guy when the offense again fails. Oh, the offense stinks - so we'll go with Roman's approach - there I fixed it. Can't wait to get started. Oh, the defense failed again - wait, Pees has retired, can't wait for a new DC to work with. We would not have had the 2012 SB run without the locker room mutiny against Harbaugh. Harbaugh later got his revenge against those who spoke out.

Why is Jefferson playing deep? Why did Campanaro, finally healthy, get so few targets? Why does Marty call so many goddam passes in the flat to guys who, on average over the year, are going to gain 3.5 yards? Why does Harbaugh not care whether Joe fits the WCO?

The roster is loaded with talent - screaming for (1) decent coaching and (2) not getting mangled worse than every other team in the preseason Draconian training that Harbaugh loves.
    "Flacco is driving the ball in that wind....."

(AFCCG, January 2013)

I mean look at the number of receivers Flacco threw to over the course of a typical game - 10 to 15 or so!? Marty doesn't know how to evaluate players, or does not have the guts to try, so he rotates everybody in and out. Wallace gets about six targets and a lot of other guys get two or three. How is Chris Moore supposed to develop when he gets two or three targets a game? How is Flacco supposed to have any rhythm or sense of who the guy is who is running the pattern out there?

(AFCCG, January 2013)

Quote Originally Posted by NOLARavenFAN View Post
    They drafted two crappy safeties.and a bum.WR with high.pucks. Maxx Williams is a bust and so.is Correa and Kafusi. This team was known for making great picks in the first round,.....

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    You are cherry picking to suit your narrative.

Here is a list of the last two drafts:

From WNCRaven:

Not the last two. The last two drafts/UDFA lists look pretty good right now.

1 Marlon Humphrey
    1 Ronnie Stanley
    2 Tyus Bowser
    2 Kamalei Correa
    3 Bronson Kaufusi
    3 Tim Williams
    3 Chris Wormley
    4 Willie Henry
    4 Chris Moore
    5 Jermaine Eluemanor
    5 Matt Judon
    6 Maurice Canady
    6 Chuck Clark
    F Jaylen Hill
    F Patrick Onwuasor
    F Michael Pierce
    F Patrick Ricard
    F Matt Skura

coming back next year
    4 Kenneth Dixon
    4 Alex Lewis
    4 Nico Siragusa (maybe)
    4 Tavon Young
    F Bam Bradley
    F Tim White

gone
    6 Keenan Reynolds

The only guy that didn't make the team in year two is Keenan Reynolds. London Eluemanor is still early in his development. Wormley, Bowser and Williams are playing the numbers game. The only two guys that look like potential busts right now are Correa and Kaufusi.

(AFCCG, January 2013)

Overall, I don't disagree with the original sentiment, Excellator. I will say that I was impressed with the coaching over the back half of the year after the Tennessee loss, given the subsequent offensive turnaround. However the improvement could have merely been from the O-line finally coming together, Joe morphing from corpse to real-life QB, or maybe just crappy opponents. So maybe it really wasn't better coaching, aside from the O-line coaching.

In defense of Harbs, the Ravens generally lack much of the locker room shenanigans that bad teams have. Then again, the one year they did have those shenanigans, they won the SB. So I don't know; perhaps it's time for a change. I just wonder who they can get that would be better.

The Ravens have been a stable franchise with good leadership for some time, so they SHOULD be a good job for a prospective head coach. But I don't know if that's actually the case. Their roster has a lot of depth and good talent, But they don't have a lot of top-end talent, especially on offense. And regardless of whether you think Flacco can be 2012 playoff Flacco again, the fact is he makes Aaron Rodgers money and doesn't impact games week to week like Aaron Rodgers does. I get that QB contracts are a necessary evil. But when your QB isn't flat-out carrying the team, that contract becomes an albatross. Sure Joe didn't have a lot of weapons, but when you pay a QB his money, you hopefully get a guy that can win games on his own: Brees, Brady, Rodgers, Wilson, etc. That's just not the case with Joe. And because of it, your ability to build the roster suffers. If you were an up and coming offensive coach, would you want to come to Baltimore? I don't know.

I'm just pointing out the grass isn't always greener. We like to try and come up with the one thing that is holding the team back, whether it's in-game coaching, scheme, player-fit, drafting, Joe, injuries, whatever. But frankly, it's a bit of everything. Sure there have been some draft busts, but there's also been some really good players. We like to make lists about all the guys that haven't worked out, but that's the case for most teams. New Orleans finally hit on TWO players this year, their first two picks, and it turned the team around. Baltimore is likely going to get 5+ really solid players out of this year's draft (Humphrey, Bowser, maybe Williams, Siragusa, Clark, Hill...). That's pretty good. But they've had big misses: Perriman, Elam, etc...

The coaching has been up and down. Sometimes I'm watching games wondering WTF the coaches are doing; sometimes I'm so impressed by the game-plan, I can't believe it. Bottom line is there is no scape goat here, no one thing to blame. Changes may need to be made. But Flacco's contract isn't going anywhere. And until he starts covering up some of the deficiencies elsewhere, those deficiencies are going to make an impact.

Quote Originally Posted by rhapsody View Post
    You are cherry picking to suit your narrative.

Here is a list of the last two drafts:

From WNCRaven:

Not the last two. The last two drafts/UDFA lists look pretty good right now.

1 Marlon Humphrey
    1 Ronnie Stanley
    2 Tyus Bowser
    2 Kamalei Correa
    3 Bronson Kaufusi
    3 Tim Williams
    3 Chris Wormley
    4 Willie Henry
    4 Chris Moore
    5 Jermaine Eluemanor
    5 Matt Judon
    6 Maurice Canady
    6 Chuck Clark
    F Jaylen Hill
    F Patrick Onwuasor
    F Michael Pierce
    F Patrick Ricard
    F Matt Skura

coming back next year
    4 Kenneth Dixon
    4 Alex Lewis
    4 Nico Siragusa (maybe)
    4 Tavon Young
    F Bam Bradley
    F Tim White

gone
    6 Keenan Reynolds

The only guy that didn't make the team in year two is Keenan Reynolds. London Eluemanor is still early in his development. Wormley, Bowser and Williams are playing the numbers game. The only two guys that look like potential busts right now are Correa and Kaufusi.
    Go back further ...Matt Elam ring a bell? Then the other safety. Also from Florida. Gone. Stanley was gold. But there was Perriman== complete frst round bust. These are picks that we needed to make.good on. We have been unable to draft a safety, a WRr, or a TE. You cannot put together a winning team when you strike out completely on three positions in the draft!

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    Way Down South in New Orleans

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Quote Originally Posted by camdenyard View Post
    Well done but I think you are shining the spotlight on the wrong guy.

You can question some of Harbaugh's coordinator hires, but I don't think he is the biggest problem. Ozzie has not provided him with quality players for many years. It's Ozzie that went "all in" on defense in the last draft. It's Ozzie that's been selecting bust after bust. You keep doing that, you are forced to compensate with free agents. Eventually, the chickens come home to roost.

This team was left for dead after the Tennessee game, yet Harbaugh kept the ship afloat and had them within 44 seconds of the playoffs.

Harbaugh has his issues, but in my mind Ozzie needs to go.

WE NEED PLAYERS.
    It is either this is or the coaching on the defensive side of the ball. Bowser, Williams, Judon, etc to go along with Suggs and we can't generate a pass rush consistently, especially at key points like 3rd and 4th and long. Either Ozzie can't find LBs (our LBs are decent at best) and pass rushers anymore or the coaching flat out blows.

Quote Originally Posted by riprulz8 View Post
    You think Jefferson was as bad as Elam and Brooks? I mean, he was a bit disappointing but I think it's a stretch to compare him to those gents.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    Not really true

I banged on Matt Elam probably more than any other poster but look back, he turned in a decent rookie year. His best year, then Pees had him move positions. Pees admitted this like 2 years ago took the blame for Elam as a bust.

Blog Entries

The fact griff Whalen was a number 1 receiver in a couple games and still has more yards and catches than their first round draft pick WR should get Ozzie, DeCosta More fired than fried chicken.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

I am wondering if the scouting department got picked clean because of our success.

Ozzie depends on the scouts evaluating players and draft BPA based on those rankings, at least it's what we are told.

I think this team needs to look at player acquisition from top to bottom, but also needs to look at coaching. Bowser and Williams were supposed to be no-miss pass rushers. Why the hell are they not on the field when the situation screams RUSH THE PASSER!?

I don't think it is all bad, we are not the Browns after all. But we are that mid-range team that can't make the leap to the next level. This defense should be stacked, instead we have a middling pass rush, at best and can't stop the run consistently. Are the players bad or is it coaching?