Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Dear Mr. Bisciotti.

A few years ago, you said that it was time the team stopped sending Joe Flacco on the road during the playoffs, and that a key goal was to earn more home playoff games. When you look around the league, over the past few years, the vast majority of teams with high seeds in the playoffs are teams with high quality offenses. The reason why you continue to fall short against Pittsburgh is, because you are continuously sending one gun (At best, but more like a knife) into a fight against three guns. The Patriots have Rob Gronkowski, Brandin Cooks and Dion Lewis coming out of the backfield, while developing Chris Hogan and Malcolm Mitchell. The Pittsburgh Steelers have Antonio Brown, Martavius Bryant and LeVeon Bell coming out of the backfield, while developing JuJu Smith-Schuster. You can't keep going into these games with one decent pass catcher at best and believing that you are going to hold these teams down with your defense. Even if it works without anything going wrong such as injuries and in-game miscues, you will still find yourself on the road during the playoffs. That is a philosophy that screams "Turn every game into a brawl and eek out a win", not "Light this team up and make sure the game is over by halftime so we can secure a bye".

John Harbaugh is not the Head Coach to oversee the offensive revolution that needs to take place here in Baltimore. He has not shown that he wants to oversee such a revolution and he has not shown that he is capable of it. His choice in coordinators has been questionable. He has fired good coaches for non-football reasons on more than one occasion. He's had too many cooks in the kitchen among the coaching staff on several occasions. With differing philosophies of course. He is very risk averse until his back is against the wall and all he wants from his offense is to not screw it up for the defense. Perhaps, that is what you want as well. However, I hope that you now see the flaw in that thinking. What other consistently successful team thinks that way? The only one I can even think of is Seattle and their run is slowly coming to an end.

I understand that John Harbaugh was your hire and you feel that wholesale change is very risky. You are right. It is indeed risky. However, at this point, you have to see that if you don't take that chance you will be setting yourself up for that heartbreak all over again next season. How many more seasons will you talk yourself into believing that you are 'this' close, before you take a step back and realize that this team is far away from a Super Bowl contender. The reason these games are close is, because the makeup of the team tends to dictate close games. That is not to be mistaken for being close to glory.

I'm not going to touch on Joe Flacco too much. Personally, I believe that you have done him a disservice with the talent and horrid depth you have surrounded him with, on top of the coaching carousel and complete lack of stability. Others agree, but still feel it is time to move on from him. I believe that if you started to show concern and effort in fixing the offense, even close to the magnitude this team has historically shown to fixing its defense, Flacco can lead you to another title. However, I can understand the sentiment of some fans who don't believe that. I will just say that you have a QB who still finds a way to get it done in the clutch and give your team the lead in the biggest games of the year. Help him do that consistently. Help him, or whatever QB you choose to go with, to become a true force that can lead this team back to the title, to consistent high seeds in the playoffs.

You said you had a goal. That goal has not been met. The team's approach is clearly not effective for that goal to be achieved. Now, it is time for a change. Last year, the defense blew it when it mattered the most and you blamed injuries. Then, the team proceeded to go all in on the defense. Only to come back this year, give up more points to Pittsburgh in darn near the exact same game and blow it at the 11th hour at home, with everything on the line, against Andy Dalton and the Cincinnati Bengals. So, what are you going to do next season? Double dog double down on the defense?

When you left that game last night your gut told you something. It's the same thing your gut told you last year, but understandably you saw progress and thought that you were close. Now, it's happened again. I think its time to go with your gut. John Harbaugh was right for the Ravens at the time that he was brought in and he was your first Head Coach hire. The two of you have battled through a lot of adversity and had a lot of success. However, Brian Billick was right for this team once upon a time as well. That time came and, eventually, went by the wayside. I believe that time has come for John Harbaugh. What Coach McVay is doing with the Rams is a clear example of what can happen here in Baltimore if you are willing to take that chance.

I wish you well,

The Excellector.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Re: Dear Mr. Bisciotti.

Thank you for the kind thoughts and words.

oops.....blew my cover

Agree with every thing except Flacco. But thats for another thread.

Well done but I think you are shining the spotlight on the wrong guy.

You can question some of Harbaugh's coordinator hires, but I don't think he is the biggest problem. Ozzie has not provided him with quality players for many years. It's Ozzie that went "all in" on defense in the last draft. It's Ozzie that's been selecting bust after bust. You keep doing that, you are forced to compensate with free agents. Eventually, the chickens come home to roost.

This team was left for dead after the Tennessee game, yet Harbaugh kept the ship afloat and had them within 44 seconds of the playoffs.

Harbaugh has his issues, but in my mind Ozzie needs to go.

WE NEED PLAYERS.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

Quote Originally Posted by camdenyard View Post

You can question some of Harbaugh's coordinator hires, but I don't think he is the biggest problem. Ozzie has not provided him with quality players for many years. It's Ozzie that went "all in" on defense in the last draft. It's Ozzie that's been selecting bust after bust. You keep doing that, you are forced to compensate with free agents. Eventually, the chickens come home to roost.

This team was left for dead after the Tennessee game, yet Harbaugh kept the ship afloat and had them within 44 seconds of the playoffs.

WE NEED PLAYERS.
    I think there's mutual blame to be had there. Harbaugh/Pees have consistently tried to fit square pegs into round holes for years now. There is some kind of disconnect there between them and Ozzie & the FO.

Unfortunately - or fortunately, depending on how you look at it - I don't think Steve wants to be remembered in Baltimore as the guy who fired Ozzie Newsome.

I think the best we can hope for - and at this point I agree completely that a lot of this is on Oz and that it's time to move on from him - is that he decides to step down on his own. I'm holding out hope for that until the State of the Ravens.

Then we have to hope that DeCosta isn't just Oz Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaRaven View Post
    I think there's mutual blame to be had there. Harbaugh/Pees have consistently tried to fit square pegs into round holes for years now. There is some kind of disconnect there between them and Ozzie & the FO.
    Ozzie is the one who's been drafting those square pegs.

At the end of the day Ozzie does the shopping. If you are a chef and you are handed rotten vegetables and spoiled meat, you can't cook a great meal.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaRaven View Post
    Agree. I dont know whats going on but the players we draft either Suck, or are being used wrong. The amount of draft capital we have on defense sitting on the bench is unreal
    Burn it down

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by camdenyard View Post

WE NEED PLAYERS.
    The reason why I focused on Harbaugh is, because I believe Ozzie did so with Harbaugh's blessing (Not that he needed it). I think those two haggled over the 'type' of defender, but share the same philosophy. It may be time for Ozzie to go, but I have more faith in Ozzie with an offensive minded coach (A good one at that) pounding the desk come the off-season, than of Harbaugh under any circumstances.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by HbgPARavenfan View Post
    Agree. I dont know whats going on but the players we draft either Suck, or are being used wrong. The amount of draft capital we have on defense sitting on the bench is unreal
    As many have pointed out, how many of these brilliant draft picks have gone on the be solid players elsewhere?

Very few. What does that tell you?

Tells me those players can't play in this league. That is not on coaching.

They drafted two crappy safeties.and a bum.WR with high.pucks. Maxx Williams is a bust and so.is Correa and Kafusi. This team was known for making great picks in the first round,.....

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    Way Down South in New Orleans