Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Trade Joe Flacco? It's possible!

If the Ravens trade Joe Flacco post June 1 we save 12 mill in cap space this year and 8 mill next year. Now we'll be swallowing 28 mil in dead money over those 2 years...but so what? If we could manage to replace Joe Flacco with one of the top 2 rookie QB's this year - who makes at most 5mil per - guess what? Its still an overall saving at the position! Let's face it, regardless if Joe Flacco plays for us or not it's still going to be dead money. It's time to move on from Joe and John. Might as well trade them both and get something useful in return. My heart can't take this mediocre crap anymore which makes it easy for me to entertain irrational thoughts like these.

Look at the top 6 teams drafting this year and tell me which one wouldn't at least consider taking Joe or John if the asking price was respectable

#1 Browns - needs QB
    #2 Giants - needs QB & coach
    #3 Colts - needs coach
    #4 Texans - needs QB
    #5 Broncos - needs QB
    #6 Jets - needs QB

Imagine squeezing Deshaun Watson and a 2nd round pick from Texans for Flacco and 16th overall pick :D Are you telling me Bill O'brian wouldn't pull the trigger on that deal? Joe would have a 12 mill cap for them in 2018 and $18.5M in 2019 with a team option to cut him at anytime without a cap penalty. His team is in win now mode and are 1 competent QB away from contending.

Anyway, maybe some of those scenarios are ridiculous but if the opportunity was presented to us would you be opposed to it?

Re: Trade Joe Flacco? It's possible!

Quote Originally Posted by unbelievable View Post
    If the Ravens trade Joe Flacco post June 1 we save 12 mill in cap space this year and 8 mill next year. Now we'll be swallowing 28 mil in dead money over those 2 years...but so what? If we could manage to replace Joe Flacco with one of the top 2 rookie QB's this year - who makes at most 5mil per - guess what? Its still an overall saving at the position! Let's face it, regardless if Joe Flacco plays for us or not it's still going to be dead money. It's time to move on from Joe and John. Might as well trade them both and get something useful in return. My heart can't take this mediocre crap anymore which makes it easy for me to entertain irrational thoughts like these.

Look at the top 6 teams drafting this year and tell me which one wouldn't at least consider taking Joe or John if the asking price was respectable

#1 Browns - needs QB
    #2 Giants - needs QB & coach
    #3 Colts - needs coach
    #4 Texans - needs QB
    #5 Broncos - needs QB
    #6 Jets - needs QB

Imagine squeezing Deshaun Watson and a 2nd round pick from Texans for Flacco and 16th overall pick :D Are you telling me Bill O'brian wouldn't pull the trigger on that deal? Joe would have a 12 mill cap for them in 2018 and $18.5M in 2019 with a team option to cut him at anytime without a cap penalty. His team is in win now mode and are 1 competent QB away from contending.

Anyway, maybe some of those scenarios are ridiculous but if the opportunity was presented to us would you be opposed to it?
    1. Any one of those teams would take him in a heartbeat. Not sure the price would even have to be right.
    2. Um...who will be the QB for the Ravens? Are you suggesting we fall back to pre-2008 horror show @ QB?
    3. Hitting on a QB in the draft, no matter how highly thought of, isn't as easy as you think. The Browns prove that.

It's funny because on one hand I'd love this to happen. Joe would thrive outside of the Ozzie shitshow for offense & all the Joe haters would see the truth for once. On the other, no thanks to the pre-2008 horror show. I do think we need to begin to consider a QB for Joe's retirement though. If I'm him, I would be thinking sooner rather than later on retirement the way this organization is run.

I can't tell if it's a joke.

Watson for Flacco?....You think the Texans wouldn't die laughing? That kid is a star, and a heck of a young QB. Flacco is a 30ish oft injured statue with accuracy issues who peaked five years ago. Watson can fill a stadium better than Flacco too.

4. Re: Trade Joe Flacco? It's possible!

Trading Joe only to watch him thrive elsewhere while you fail to replace him is how you get everybody fired.
    They'll draft his replacement when Joe starts to decline around 35-36.
    Which means they'll extend Joe, not trade him.

We would obviously be taking Josh Rosen or one of the other top 2 QBS in this scenario if joe was traded. So this assumes we were able to pull that off. Honestly im at the point where Flacco will never be what we want or need him to be and we just don't have the offensive talent or coaching to elevate our team to the next level. Might as well get from under his contract sooner than later and roll the dice on some new blood. This is a league where guys like Case Keenum and Blake Bortles can succeed. So, even if we strike out would it be that much worse than what we have now? 35 QB's had better quarterback ratings than Joe Flacco this year. 35!! He threw for 3100 yards in a pass happy league. 18 tds to 13 int...5.7 yrds per pass. Is that worth 20mil+ money? Man he's not worth it anymore.

I understand the loyalty but Joe has to go. He is what he is. Our defense lost the game but Joe Flacco and this offense lost this season a long time ago.

We would obviously be taking Josh Rosen or one of the other top 2 QBS in this scenario if joe was traded. So this assumes we were able to pull that off. Honestly im at the point where Flacco will never be what we want or need him to be and we just don't have the offensive talent or coaching to elevate our team to the next level. Might as well get from under his contract sooner than later and roll the dice on some new blood. This is a league where guys like Case Keenum and Blake Bortles can succeed. So, even if we strike out would it be that much worse than what we have now? 35 QB's had better quarterback ratings than Joe Flacco this year. 35!! He threw for 3100 yards in a pass happy league. 18 tds to 13 int...5.7 yrds per pass. Is that worth 20mil+ money? Man he's not worth it anymore.

I understand the loyalty but Joe has to go. He is what he is. Our defense lost the game but Joe Flacco and this offense lost this season a long time ago.
    If Flacco was generally healthy, it wouldn't be so much of an issue. Regardless of what they do, they have to get some kind of legit backup QB.

Y'all do realize that we would have won yesterday if our WRs could catch and Pees wasn't an idiot in the fourth quarter again.

I'm just gonna say it. We need a cerebral QB. Look what Wentz, Mariota, Winston, Goff, Watson have done in a short span. Rookies outplaying Flacco. Joe has been at it for how many years now? He just doesnt have that heads up sense to him. His awareness is subpar which is why our offensive skill positions never develop. Give Roethlisberger, Brady, Brees, Rodgers, this supporting cast and tell me they dont find away to still drop video game stats. It's not the skill players holding Flacco back. It's the other way around. Flacco wants to be paid like he's a game changer but he's not. So we can't keep justifying his his role with the team at the $$ he's making. It's crippling us.

Need that Dave Chapelle crack .gif

10. Re: Trade Joe Flacco? It's possible!

I'm just gonna say it. We need a cerebral QB. Look what Wentz, Mariota, Winston, Goff, Watson have done in a short span. Rookies outplaying Flacco. Joe has been at it for how many years now? He just doesnt have that heads up sense to him. His awareness is subpar which is why our offensive skill positions never develop. Give Roethlisberger, Brady, Brees, Rodgers, this supporting cast and tell me they dont find away to still drop video game stats. It's not the skill players holding Flacco back. It's the other way around. Flacco wants to be paid like he's a game changer but he's not. So we can't keep justifying his his role with the team at the $$ he's making. It's crippling us.
    You're assuming that our coaches would know how to develop and get the most out of a "cerebral" QB.

If Joe truly was as bad as those stats indicate, then they would've never extended him.
    They did it because they know that if Joe went to any team with competent offensive coaching & scheme and with NFL caliber pass catchers, then this regime would get exposed for the clownshow of a failure that it is.
    Keeping Joe is as much about them keeping their jobs as it is about anything else.

Stick to playing Franchise Mode on Madden.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

Blog Entries

Trade Joe Flacco? It's possible!

I may trade my Mercedes. I still owe $20K on it but the dealer will give me $8K and I can get a new ride. Whats not to love?

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!