Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 303132
    Blog Entries

Re: State of the Ravens

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    The first time I watched it, I thought Kay was a goner after that, lol.
    He didn't do Kay right getting married in Italy, but getting an abortion without telling the father, who actually wants to be and is excited to be the father, I'd say that's a pretty heavy receipt. Lol. I swear to God I thought he was gonna kill her.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    That's right, because Sollozzo picked up on that and Barzini took advantage. Barzini was looking for a crack to slip through and Sonny provided it. If they finished off the Don it would have worked. Michael saving the Don that night at the hospital, essentially, saved the family, because he was able to have his father's aide in understanding Barzini's psychology. Ironically, Barzini would have been better served to take out Michael first, and not Sonny, especially after the hospital incident, but even they underestimated Michael.
    'Cause he wasn't supposed to be in the family business, and Vito wanted him clean. But in the end he was the perfect Corleone.

BTW I'm with you on taking out that POS Carlo. Clemenza had the best execution scenes in #1, Carlo and Paulie. It's a shame Richard Castellano was dumped for Part 2.
    Last edited by WNCRavensFan; 01-27-2018 at 03:07 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    My favorite kill was Carlo. Just, how methodical he was in breaking Carlo down. It was like the police breaking down a suspect during interrogation. Then, just when he convinces Carlo that he's gonna spare him, he lets Carlo get in the car thinking he's going to get off with just having to get out of town, only to watch him get strangled.
    Damn how could i forget about this one? Carli had it coming.

How did you feel about the death of Tessio?
    "We're not changing anything." -John Harbaugh

Forget his name, but loved the revenge Vito took on the guy that killed his family back in Sicily

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenalytics View Post
    Forget his name, but loved the revenge Vito took on the guy that killed his family back in Sicily
    that's one of my favs for sure. I also always liked the "montage" at the end of 1&2, juxtaposed with the baptism and first communion. oh, Italians

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenalytics View Post
    The knife down the breastplate was brutal.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by I Touchdown There View Post
    that's one of my favs for sure. I also always liked the "montage" at the end of 1&2, juxtaposed with the baptism and first communion. oh, Italians

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Great cinematography. I liked the montages too.

Blog Entries

Damn how could i forget about this one? Carli had it coming.

How did you feel about the death of Tessio?
    I think they did right by him, by not showing it, but it was deserved. I think it was handled well by the family and portrayed well by Coppola.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

The knife down the breastplate was brutal.
    I like how that Don was so paranoid about killing the entire family so that what eventually happened, wouldn't happen. Since he couldn't do it, years later, sure enough, it happened.

Blog Entries

Reading our discussion about it, I can see what made the Godfather so great. Everything happened for a reason. It's not as if something happened and didn't lead to anything else. In sports, we often talk about wasted movement. There was no wasted movement in those movies.