Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: 2 more years of Joe Flacco

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Raven View Post
    I'm looking for the intentions that go with a first round pick at QB. The idea is he sits a year, then he plays, and Flacco doesn't. If he has to sit two years that wouldn't be ideal, but it could be done. Flacco's contract is an albatross around their neck that cannot be justified. No money for Jensen...... Giving 20+ million to Flacco though. It is absolutely ludicrous to be paying Flacco that much money.
    Joe makes the market $ for starting QBs. He has a SuperBowl win , an MVP so he got paid. The FO extended him to free up $$ and basically kick the big can of $$ down the road. Well ..now itís down the road time. Ravens arenít in the same boat as Cleveland. We have a winning QB. He just needs weapons and a strong OC QB coach to kick him in his ass from time to time. The FO has over paid defensive guys for years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Re: 2 more years of Joe Flacco

Bring in a good DC, then Joe's 4th qtr comebacks become dramatic wins, not losses.
    I agree we need to draft Joe's replacement, but he's not going to take over as the starter any earlier than 2021, and more likely 2022.
    Because QBs that fit Joe's profile generally last until 35-36.
    Those saying he's going to get re-extended are correct.
    .............................................Harbs and Pees...................................................
    ...............................................Are Siamese.....................................................

Quote Originally Posted by srobert96 View Post
    What teams besides Packers with Rodgers have successfully drafted a QB to be a successor to their current Franchise QB?
    Franchise QB defined as?

Blog Entries

2 more years of Joe Flacco

I'm looking for the intentions that go with a first round pick at QB. The idea is he sits a year, then he plays, and Flacco doesn't. If he has to sit two years that wouldn't be ideal, but it could be done. Flacco's contract is an albatross around their neck that cannot be justified. No money for Jensen...... Giving 20+ million to Flacco though. It is absolutely ludicrous to be paying Flacco that much money.
    Yet they had money for Jefferson, Carr and B will and I'm sure some how they will have money to over pay Mosley. Every starting Qb not on a rookie deal is at 20 mill these days

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm looking at a situation with the same exact circumstances as the Chiefs drafting Mahomes, while Alex Smith was the entrenched starter. I'm not advocating for taking a QB just to take one. Only if a QB is sitting right there that the Ravens would be foolish to pass on.
    Chiefs were only locked in for 1 more season not 2. Next year could potentially be a different situation. There is still no indication the Chiefs made the right decision. Chiefs could have had TreíDavious white Or Ryan Ramczyk or Cam Robinson that could have helped them this year. They were playing like a top team early on in the season. They also could have had a solid contributor in a 3rd rounder and now donít hand a 1st rounder this upcoming draft. If Mahomes is not a total stud that trade will look very bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Franchise QB defined as?
    He has won a SB and is a proven post season performer. He is on a franchise contract that prohibits them cutting him for two more years. Itís not like a 1st or 2nd year player is going to come in and play better with Perriman, ayuanbedejo and Moore.

7. Re: 2 more years of Joe Flacco

Meh it doesn't matter he's toast he'll either get everyone fired or they'll do the right thing and be bold this draft.

Either way he's gone

Flacco is here for two more years like it or not. The question is will they go out and get him the weapons he needs and run a scheme that takes advantage of his skill set? I kind of doubt it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by boller4president View Post
    Meh it doesn't matter he's toast he'll either get everyone fired or they'll do the right thing and be bold this draft.

Either way he's gone
    Yeah he totally caused Dean Pees to retire.

All flaccos fault.

Quote Originally Posted by srobert96 View Post
    He has won a SB and is a proven post season performer. He is on a franchise contract that prohibits them cutting him for two more years. It’s not like a 1st or 2nd year player is going to come in and play better with Perriman, ayuanbedejo and Moore.
    I see Flacco's contract as not committing to him past 2018 when he is 34.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    I see Flacco's contract as not committing to him past 2018 when he is 34.
    Which is why they need a Flacco exit strategy pretty soon. They don't have to keep paying him like an....dare I say it.....elite quarterback forever.

Joe needs a good QB coach, two WRs and a dynamic TE. That's a bit of a tall order with current cap space unless we have a historically good draft. If I were Ozzie, I'd sit Joe down and ask if he wants to make a couple legitimate runs at the SB or does he want to be stuck in a rebuilding situation. He can either take a pay cut (not a restructure, a pay cut) to allow signing Jensen and some of the needs listed above, or its time for a cap purge, 3 year rebuilding plan. If we rebuild, Joe gets stuck with whatever we've got next year while we dump salary and get younger, then you take the best QB you can find in the draft after next season.