Re: 2 more years of Joe Flacco

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    Marino could have won it in 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012,
    Lol sure he could at age 44

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by usmccharles View Post
    My bad, didn't actually mean to use context with the conversation we were having, what was I thinking.
    Lol

Blog Entries

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    But ...but ...but ...he won a Super Bowl five years ago!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    Only to Fantasy owners. I take a SuperBowl MVP everyday and twice on Sunday over any of those dudes. I’m sure most real football fans would agree.

There isn’t a fan of either team that would take that trade. Also, Raiders and Lions fans would never take that trade. What you guys seem to forget is that you want the player who is projected to play better in the future. Winning a super bowl MVP in a great albeit short lived run 5 years ago and then following that up with poor performances for the next 4 out 5 years buys you little good will going forward. I’m fine with you having this adoration for Joe as a fan but don’t delude yourself into thinking other fan bases view him in the same light as you do. There isn’t. At all. The only thing I ever hear from other fan bases is how bad our QB is and how crazy we are to pay him that much. I don’t particularly agree because I think he’s been put in a bad spot but if you think other fan bases care about Flaccos 4 game run over 5 years ago then... well whatever.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    “I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart

I'd say that Flacco is safe for the 2018 off-season, but he could be vulnerable in the 2019 off-season based on how he performs and based on the state of the team. We could post a post June 1 cut, and take the hits of $8M and $8M, or just take them all up front, and start with a clean slate going forward. I'm not saying that I would want that to happen, but that's just the nuclear scenario if he has a rough season in 2018. Or, maybe if we draft a late round QB, Joe misses some team, and the late round QB turns out to be the next Tom Brady or Russell Wilson (hey it could happen!). I could see the dead money making his contract hard to touch now, but I don't think it would be that bad when its down to $16M.

But I was impressed with how Flacco turned things around in 2017. It made me think that it was more to do with his offensive supporting cast than him himself. I'd try to trade for a WR, and maybe try to pick up at least two in the draft and see how they do. With our limited cap space, I'm not so sure about playing the FA market for one. Perriman is a total loss, we need to move on from him.

What has become apparent to me is that the FO has no idea how to find the pieces needed to help Joe succeed. Until the FO discovers how to fix that I don't care who takes Joes place it's not going to matter.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by JonAB View Post
    There isn’t a fan of either team that would take that trade. Also, Raiders and Lions fans would never take that trade. What you guys seem to forget is that you want the player who is projected to play better in the future. Winning a super bowl MVP in a great albeit short lived run 5 years ago and then following that up with poor performances for the next 4 out 5 years buys you little good will going forward. I’m fine with you having this adoration for Joe as a fan but don’t delude yourself into thinking other fan bases view him in the same light as you do. There isn’t. At all. The only thing I ever hear from other fan bases is how bad our QB is and how crazy we are to pay him that much. I don’t particularly agree because I think he’s been put in a bad spot but if you think other fan bases care about Flaccos 4 game run over 5 years ago then... well whatever.
    Spot on....

For anyone who doesn't think having a highly skilled QB is critical, look at SF. It's not like they are laden with receiving talent but look at these stats pre and post-Garoppolo:

yards per game 21st/3rd
    points per game 28th/5th
    pass yards per attempt 29th/1st
    3rd pown pct. 26th/3rd
    1st downs per game 22nd/2nd

That's damn impressive no matter who you're playing but they beat the snot out of Jax and the Rams while they were at it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by veritas View Post
    For anyone who doesn't think having a highly skilled QB is critical, look at SF. It's not like they are laden with receiving talent but look at these stats pre and post-Garoppolo:

yards per game 21st/3rd
    points per game 28th/5th
    pass yards per attempt 29th/1st
    3rd pown pct. 26th/3rd
    1st downs per game 22nd/2nd

That's damn impressive no matter who you're playing but they beat the snot out of Jax and the Rams while they were at it.
    and he'll be a free agent in March if they don't break the bank on him. Probably should've done that before he lit the world on fire

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!