Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: 2 more years of Joe Flacco

You don’t use a pick in rounds 1-3 this year on a QB. When you get the next QB you don’t want them sitting for 2 years. This team has key holes to fill tone a competitive team. Can’t afford to have a guy sitting for 2 years. 2nd half iof the season shows you can win with Joe. Need use Free agency to get a wr and draft to round out roster. Need WR TE OL ILB and safety help immediately. Most QBs fail. Why not try and build around one that we know can win it while he is here.

Quote Originally Posted by usmccharles View Post
    I want Love, I think he can really change our offense. FO is banned from drafting WRs day one

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    That we can agree on. No more drafting receivers. They absolutely suck at it. They'd have to luck into one, trade for one, or keep going the FA route.

I'm not pinning the loss on Flacco. I see a guy who is beat up. No mobility and little ability to be elusive. Wants to throw it away too early too often, and nobody to help him. He is probably frustrated, and he should be. I don't see him ever just becoming mobile and agile again. He's not a pinpoint pocket passer, so how does he extend his shelf life. He's on the back 9 of his career, and if the Ravens have a chance at drafting a legit Flacco out, they should take it.

Quote Originally Posted by srobert96 View Post
    You don’t use a pick in rounds 1-3 this year on a QB. When you get the next QB you don’t want them sitting for 2 years. This team has key holes to fill tone a competitive team. Can’t afford to have a guy sitting for 2 years. 2nd half iof the season shows you can win with Joe. Need use Free agency to get a wr and draft to round out roster. Need WR TE OL ILB and safety help immediately. Most QBs fail. Why not try and build around one that we know can win it while he is here.
    If you try and do everything without a long term plan at QB, you'll wake up one day and find out that you're the Cleveland Browns.

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Raven View Post
    If you try and do everything without a long term plan at QB, you'll wake up one day and find out that you're the Cleveland Browns.
    What teams besides Packers with Rodgers have successfully drafted a QB to be a successor to their current Franchise QB?

That we can agree on. No more drafting receivers. They absolutely suck at it. They'd have to luck into one, trade for one, or keep going the FA route.

I'm not pinning the loss on Flacco. I see a guy who is beat up. No mobility and little ability to be elusive. Wants to throw it away too early too often, and nobody to help him. He is probably frustrated, and he should be. I don't see him ever just becoming mobile and agile again. He's not a pinpoint pocket passer, so how does he extend his shelf life. He's on the back 9 of his career, and if the Ravens have a chance at drafting a legit Flacco out, they should take it.
    Hey , I agree 100% they should draft another QB ..but not in the first 2 maybe 3 rounds. Why waste a high pick on a player that is gonna sit. Str8 up stand on the side and watch. Joes here for at least 2 more years. Draft impact players first 2 days and then for sure grab a QB in rounds 4-7. Maybe use the 3rd round comp if a guy like Falk is there. Don’t commit that kinda $$ to a guy who’s not gonna play barring injury. Haven’t they benched enough high draft picks already?? Not dressing 2nd and 3rd round Defensive picks ??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by srobert96 View Post
    What teams besides Packers with Rodgers have successfully drafted a QB to be a successor to their current Franchise QB?
    I'm looking at a situation with the same exact circumstances as the Chiefs drafting Mahomes, while Alex Smith was the entrenched starter. I'm not advocating for taking a QB just to take one. Only if a QB is sitting right there that the Ravens would be foolish to pass on.

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    This is the same city that ran Eddie Murray out of town.
    Eddie Murray was a hall of famer! Fuck is Joe! Underthrow Joe!

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    Hey , I agree 100% they should draft another QB ..but not in the first 2 maybe 3 rounds. Why waste a high pick on a player that is gonna sit. Str8 up stand on the side and watch. Joes here for at least 2 more years. Draft impact players first 2 days and then for sure grab a QB in rounds 4-7. Maybe use the 3rd round comp if a guy like Falk is there. Don’t commit that kinda $$ to a guy who’s not gonna play barring injury. Haven’t they benched enough high draft picks already?? Not dressing 2nd and 3rd round Defensive picks ??

What if Flacco gets hurt? He looks pretty statuesque these days.

What if Flacco gets hurt? He looks pretty statuesque these days.
    I get that. I’m saying draft a guy just not the first or second round. At the least we get a very serviceable back up with a late 3rd or so pick. No matter who the QB is they need weapons. This team has almost zero so they need help across the board on Offense.

I get that. I’m saying draft a guy just not the first or second round. At the least we get a very serviceable back up with a late 3rd or so pick. No matter who the QB is they need weapons. This team has almost zero so they need help across the board on Offense.

I'm looking for the intentions that go with a first round pick at QB. The idea is he sits a year, then he plays, and Flacco doesn't. If he has to sit two years that wouldn't be ideal, but it could be done. Flacco's contract is an albatross around their neck that cannot be justified. No money for Jensen...... Giving 20+ million to Flacco though. It is absolutely ludicrous to be paying Flacco that much money.

I'm looking at a situation with the same exact circumstances as the Chiefs drafting Mahomes, while Alex Smith was the entrenched starter. I'm not advocating for taking a QB just to take one. Only if a QB is sitting right there that the Ravens would be foolish to pass on.
    The Chiefs are a different animal. Andy Reid has shown he can develop qbs. Harbs can’t develop a good fart! Joe wasn’t drafted to start right away , he was forced to play. So Cam and Harbs limited his thinking and play to help avoid mistakes. He had Zorn to coach him up but Cam wasn’t wiling to let Joe grow. He was a control freak. And add to that that while Reid liked Smith ..he didn’t draft him. So he wanted to draft a young guy to groom knowing A Smith isn’t getting younger.

The Chiefs are a different animal. Andy Reid has shown he can develop qbs. Harbs can’t develop a good fart! Joe wasn’t drafted to start right away , he was forced to play. So Cam and Harbs limited his thinking and play to help avoid mistakes. He had Zorn to coach him up but Cam wasn’t wiling to let Joe grow. He was a control freak. And add to that that while Reid liked Smith ..he didn’t draft him. So he wanted to draft a young guy to groom knowing A Smith isn’t getting younger.

I admittedly failed to consider who is supposed to coach this rookie QB of the future once he's drafted......They could hire a QB coach.