Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: One thing I never understood about fans critical of Joe Flacco.

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    I’m ready to move on from Joe really but we stuck with him and if Harbs is the HC still I wouldn’t give him shit to work with for a new QB so he can mess that up royally too.
    That's where I'm at bruh. People wanting to blow it up need to be looking at the HC first. And honestly the FO needs to look at themselves in the mirror and ask if they have been making good decisions over the past 5 years.

People want to blow it up then fine. Just be prepared for some real shit for the next few years. IMO they should just stay the course until 2019, and then unload the whole thing. No reason not to look for the next QB in this draft but I don't think it's going to be QB friendly. Maybe we can find another Brady in round 6? lol
    "I don't know a man on this Earth who can outwork me". Ray Lewis

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lowrider View Post
    That's where I'm at bruh. People wanting to blow it up need to be looking at the HC first. And honestly the FO needs to look at themselves in the mirror and ask if they have been making good decisions over the past 5 years.

People want to blow it up then fine. Just be prepared for some real shit for the next few years. IMO they should just stay the course until 2019, and then unload the whole thing. No reason not to look for the next QB in this draft but I don't think it's going to be QB friendly. Maybe we can find another Brady in round 6? lol
    Can’t put it any better Low. It is what it is and I’m getting kind of tired of saying that with the Ravens but if we are going to be a playoff team again There needs to be a philosophical change and those usually start at the very top. Steve won’t do that.

Even is Ex is right about the past talent on offense, a 33 year old QB who has shown marginal QB IQ and is not agile enough to keep plays alive when rushed is not the guy to build around going forward.
    Our QB succession plan should start on draft day 2018, perhaps in Round 1,depending on who is available. If we pick the right guy, he won't have to play in 2018. The Chiefs will be glad they took Mahomes when they did.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Even is Ex is right about the past talent on offense, a 33 year old QB who has shown marginal QB IQ and is not agile enough to keep plays alive when rushed is not the guy to build around going forward.
    Our QB succession plan should start on draft day 2018, perhaps in Round 1,depending on who is available. If we pick the right guy, he won't have to play in 2018. The Chiefs will be glad they took Mahomes when they did.
    If you want a new QB in 2018 the HC gonna have to go. He is NOT going to kick Flacco to the curb, and he's not going to sit his franchise QB, no matter haw many fans think he sucks.
    "I don't know a man on this Earth who can outwork me". Ray Lewis

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    True but I don’t want to give Harbaugh a new QB. He is a major part of the problem.

Blog Entries

If you want a new QB in 2018 the HC gonna have to go. He is NOT going to kick Flacco to the curb, and he's not going to sit his franchise QB, no matter haw many fans think he sucks.
    That is true. Harbaugh also knows he is at the end of his rope. If he does have a 6 or 7 win season he's going to be out. He's not going to want the unknown if that's the case. It's not like a new head coach who has time to let his QB develop.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    If Joe Flacco is just an average-above average QB like you say, who can't elevate the talent around him, then why do you feel so content, year after year (Run-on sentence I know), just leaving him with scraps after the defense loads up? Based on your criticism, with what Flacco is given, the offense is doomed from the start. Yet, you don't think that it might help to get Flacco a high quality piece or two to bail him out since he's just average? Then, when the season comes and the offense struggles you all get mad at him and the offense as a whole, when you already acknowledged that he's not a QB who can elevate the talent around him and you already acknowledged that you're going to load up on the defense first and he's getting leftovers?

It just sounds like talking out of both sides of the mouth. If he's just an average QB, one would think you would want him to have even better talent to help with his inconsistencies. Yet, some of the same fans that criticize him so heavily, never seem interested in giving him anything more than leftovers they already know he won't elevate.

So, you have an average QB, stick with with average-below average pass catchers, feel that he doesn't elevate talent around him, yet still expect a top 15 offense?
    There are very very few people who think the offense has been given enough attention by the decision makers of the team. But we don’t make the decisions so I don’t know what you’re going on about.

Blog Entries

Regardless of your opinion as to whether Joe is a good QB or not, the reality is he has one more year to prove that he can lead this team to the playoffs. I haven’t really made up my mind on Joe at this point but it doesn’t matter what my opinion will be because Harbaugh is getting another year and so is Joe. If they don’t make the playoffs next year Ill all but guarantee that they’re both gone for 2019. Hopefully they invest in the offense but if they don’t there’s nothing that my opinion on it will do, I’ll still hope and cheer for the team to succeed despite not agreeing with the moves.

Even if a very good QB falls to us at 16, I am assuming that Flacco will start in 2018. Even so, our QB succession plan should start now.
    Last edited by Mark; 01-01-2018 at 10:27 AM.

Blog Entries

Joe didn't lose the Bengals game, Steelers game, Steelers on Christmas, Oakland 2016 and NE 2014. Joe gave the team leads while the D choked. Joe did this with no help from any of the drafts while, as someone said, the D loads up. For the love of God, get this man some help, and not just an end of career 2-3 FA rental.

Blog Entries

I think the biggest thing that plagued this team this season is the 2015 draft. Total disaster. Finally invest some draft capital in offense and end up with two MASSIVE busts.

Westminster OG, now behind enemy lines in NE
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ERey View Post
    Joe didn't lose the Bengals game, Steelers game, Steelers on Christmas, Oakland 2016 and NE 2014. Joe gave the team leads while the D choked. Joe did this with no help from any of the drafts while, as someone said, the D loads up. For the love of God, get this man some help, and not just an end of career 2-3 FA rental.
    The defense by way of Pees choked the game away, again. (and again and again and again and again, notice a theme?) And it's all Joe's fault, and it's only Joe's fault. Everyone just forgets or brushes to the side that the defense killed us ever since the superbowl (fluke win because the offense put up so many points) and just blames everything on Joe.

That is why we need 50 of these threads per day every day to shake people out of the stupidity of believing that Joe is the problem.