Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Westminster OG, now behind enemy lines in NE
    Blog Entries

Re: One thing I never understood about fans critical of Joe Flacco.

Quote Originally Posted by JonAB View Post
    I think the biggest thing that plagued this team this season is the 2015 draft. Total disaster. Finally invest some draft capital in offense and end up with two MASSIVE busts.
    Also busting on Elam and Brooks... But yeah Perriman being inactive when we were down to a concussed Wallace and a practice squad UDFA as the two only healthy WR who could run on the field at game end said it all.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Iamjacks View Post
    Also busting on Elam and Brooks... But yeah Perriman being inactive when we were down to a concussed Wallace and a practice squad UDFA as the two only healthy WR who could run on the field at game end said it all.
    They’ve at least compensated for the Elam/Brooks misses with Weddle and jefferson. They went into this year thinking Perriman was the answer and completely fucking whiffed.

Westminster OG, now behind enemy lines in NE
    Blog Entries

Draft busts Kafusi Correa Bowser Wormly Williams Perriman

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JonAB View Post
    They’ve at least compensated for the Elam/Brooks misses with Weddle and jefferson. They went into this year thinking Perriman was the answer and completely fucking whiffed.
    Yeah they "compensated" by being forced to spend high dollar free agent money to fill the S positions they whiffed on.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post
    Yeah they "compensated" by being forced to spend high dollar free agent money to fill the S positions they whiffed on.
    Uhhh yeah. Whereas they didn’t do anything to fix WR. So yeah correct.

6. Re: One thing I never understood about fans critical of Joe Flacco.

The problem with Joe is him and everything surrounding him. Let me explain, this is really not a rabid indictment of him. To me his contract is one of the most egregious in sports. Not completely because of him. The biggest problem I see is management sees Flacco as the same guy before the contract. To me you just don't shell out that kind of money to ask a guy to keep managing games. And that's all we've seen. Just manage the game Joe. That's a terrible investment IMO. Either you let Flacco sling the damn ball or you've wasted your damn money. Nobody has given Joe any control of the offense whatsoever. It's like he's not allowed to make checks and change anything. The most freedom he had was under Kubiak.

Now this brings me to the other side of it though. Do they not trust him because they are just pig headed and want to do things the way they want to do them? Or do they not trust him to drive the car for other reasons? When I look at all the top QB's they have command of the offense and are given freedom to change things. We do not see Flacco with this kind of freedom.

To me if you are going to pay Flacco the money you are paying him stop seeing him as a game manager and see him as what you are paying him. If he gets worse then so be it. I loved our running game this year and predicted it better with Romans influence, but our passing game just stinks. Kyle Shanahan is doing a hell of a lot more with a lot less in SF. Nobody knows who their WR's and TE's are but they are lighting up the score board with Jimmy G under center. That's a combination of a guy that knows how to design an offense and a QB that's competent. And notice Jimmy G has the freedom to make checks and changes.

I've been critical of Joe and I still stand by those critiques but it's not just him. Live or Die by your investment in 2018. See Flacco with new eyes. Stop seeing him as the young game manger. Let the man play. If we don't like what we see then hey it's no worse than what we have been seeing because it'll result in the same damn thing. No playoffs and losing.

Quote Originally Posted by Iamjacks View Post
    The defense by way of Pees choked the game away, again. (and again and again and again and again, notice a theme?) And it's all Joe's fault, and it's only Joe's fault. Everyone just forgets or brushes to the side that the defense killed us ever since the superbowl (fluke win because the offense put up so many points) and just blames everything on Joe.

That is why we need 50 of these threads per day every day to shake people out of the stupidity of believing that Joe is the problem.
    I wonder sometimes if some of these posters even watch the games. I mean how could you have witnessed that game last night and come away with "It's Joe's fault". It's fuckin ridiculous. Yeah, he made some shitty throws in the 1st half, but there were how many dropped balls? And he came through in the 2nd half when our season was on the line and put the team in position to win the game. Only to, once again, have our D shit the bed.
    "I don't know a man on this Earth who can outwork me". Ray Lewis

No one was saying that Flacco shouldn't have better support.

That being said I'm not impressed with QBs who need all the right conditions satisfied in order to play at their full potential. There's a reason why they don't trust Flacco to play. He makes bad decision with the football which you can chart every season. He doesn't "miss" reads but he doesn't pick the best option on any play which results in -1 yard completions. Then there's his inconsistent mechanics. All of these issues are independent of any receiver and offensive line.

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Raven View Post
    Flacco makes more than Aaron Rodgers. That's not Flacco's fault, but people expect him to elevate his game based on his contract. He doesn't have a lot of help. Hardly any. He makes the big money, but doesn't seem like he's all the way invested. Aloof almost.
    Yea bro he sucks.

If he took less money we could have signed another corner. Flacco honestly should have been pressing Boyd at the LOS on that 4th and 12 play I really wonder why he wasn’t in the game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Even is Ex is right about the past talent on offense, a 33 year old QB who has shown marginal QB IQ and is not agile enough to keep plays alive when rushed is not the guy to build around going forward.
    Our QB succession plan should start on draft day 2018, perhaps in Round 1,depending on who is available. If we pick the right guy, he won't have to play in 2018. The Chiefs will be glad they took Mahomes when they did.
    Totally agree.

When you have a 4th and 12 and you give up a 49 yard TD to Tyler Boyd...Flacco’s gotta go

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post
    And honestly who thinks Jefferson was a good signing now?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Spider Webb View Post
    Totally agree.

When you have a 4th and 12 and you give up a 49 yard TD to Tyler Boyd...Flacco’s gotta go

Lmao