Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

In Defense of Harbs...

This loss hurts, but I’m not sure firing Harbs is the right move. He’s been a good coach over the years, probably not as good as we thought when he made the playoffs and won the SB his first several years, and probably not as bad as we think now after 5 years with one playoff birth. I don’t often like his choices of coordinators, but what do I know? He typically has his team ready to compete in big games, tonight notwithstanding.

But my main point is if they fire him, who do they hire? There will be as many as 10 teams looking for HCs. Baltimore would be a good gig for a potential coach with a solid franchise history, good owner, and strong leadership structure. But if you were an offensive minded coach, would you want to come to Baltimore and try to rebuild the offense with Joe’s contract and the lack of talent? Some of the other possible job openings are probably more attractive than that.

I don’t know what the right thing is to do. I feel bad for Harbs and the players this year because I feel like they really gave a s#%^ and just couldn’t get it done. Oh well. Time to pack up my football interests till next year. Happy New Year everyone.

Re: In Defense of Harbs...

I would be perfectly fine if The Biscuit decided to fire Harbs (although I don't think he will). If that were to happen...Ravens should go after Josh McDaniels. I'm tired of having an offense stuck in 1998.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Blog Entries

Harbaugh sucks. He was what was needed after Billick but he's not a good coach, or not for this era of football.

If he didn't just win a SuperBowl I'd have fired him for his comments on the "America's Game" for the Ravens.

After getting up 26 -6 he said "Now it's a different game, now it's a field possession game"

Who in their right mind goes on national TV and tells the world. We have a lead... now lets just protect it. What a joke.

I don't think there's any way to defend Harbaugh anymore. This is his team, and it falls on the head coach to right the ship. He's got a 40-40 record since the Super Bowl, with just one playoff year out of 5 seasons. Sure, you can go back and point to this and that here and there as reasons for particular losses, but overall, that record is simply not good enough in today's NFL. Time for a new direction and a new philosophy. Remember, before being hired as Head Coach in 2008, he was never higher than a Special Teams coordinator on any level of football that he coached. I think he's been exposed and it's time for him to go.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Harbaugh sucks. He was what was needed after Billick but he's not a good coach, or not for this era of football.

If he didn't just win a SuperBowl I'd have fired him for his comments on the "America's Game" for the Ravens.

After getting up 26 -6 he said "Now it's a different game, now it's a field possession game"

Who in their right mind goes on national TV and tells the world. We have a lead... now lets just protect it. What a joke.
    Had the quote wrong. it was "“You think we have a big lead, and now we need to play a certain type of game, a field possession game.”

37:37min mark

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post

This is basically where I’m at as well.

Harbaugh was the right guy to balance the franchise out after Billick. But he’s been about as mediocre as you can be.

We need a HC that is innovative and has experience either at DC or OC. My preference would be an offensive-minded HC and then allow that guy to hire a top choice DC (a la Sean McVay and Wade Phillips).

I’d love to see Harold Goodwin as the HC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    This is basically where I’m at as well.

Harbaugh was the right guy to balance the franchise out after Billick. But he’s been about as mediocre as you can be.

We need a HC that is innovative and has experience either at DC or OC. My preference would be an offensive-minded HC and then allow that guy to hire a top choice DC (a la Sean McVay and Wade Phillips).

I’d love to see Harold Goodwin as the HC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    This.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

There’s no defending Harbaugh anymore. There needs to be accountability for the failures to make the post season and mediocrity since the Super Bowl season. I’m with NCRAVEN in that he was the change the Ravens needed in 2008, but his rah rah stale philosophy is no longer relavent. He chooses and sticks with his coordinators to a fault, even though it’s obvious to even the casual fan that what he’s doing will not get the most from
    his players.
    The Ravens need a fresh outlook and someone who can inspire this team, and understand the current state of the NFL. Harbaughs style of play is to gain a lead then sit on it by going into ball-control turtle mode, hoping the defense will protect the lead. He’s not the type of coach to put a team away, go for the throat, and open the offense up.
    How many times do we have to watch the same offense on the field trying to muster a 1st down on 4th and 1 with the same old plays being called, or the game on the line and the defense going to prevent mode, only to give the game away. This is Harbaughs blue print.

There is no more defending Harbs, time to go. He seems much better suited to college football than today's NFL.

Look at Jim Bob Cooter for head coach. He is a very good young offensive mind.

Blog Entries

The issue here is that there isn't anything else I can see this team doing with Harbaugh as the Head Coach to get it over the hump. They went all in on the defense. They brought in a Run Game Coordinator. If Harbaugh is retained, what else could he do at this point. If you (OP) even acknowledge that he has issues picking Coordinators.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

2:52 remaining, 3rd and 7 from midfield. the play clock runs down and a hurried play results in a throw away pass. harbs has 3 timeouts that i guess he wants to take to the summer with him. use a timeout. get situated and if you convert the third down you can almost run out the clock.