Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Will we re-sign Ryan Jensen?

They will make a run at him. The G money may be the lynch pin they approach the situation with. He's going to draw top dollar this year. 26 and peaking. Been an iron man all season. PFF has him underrated. I think the hope here is we can poo-poo that reality and he gets re-signed at a low cap impact contract. Thinking Skura is the next man up. Great season for him and the chances he stays is 30--70
    Got to keep the loonies on the path

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    Or it has already been spent. Sometimes a team simply can't afford a free agent.
    Or they will spend it somewhere else :

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...-year-contract

... Bc

If not Jensen then who? Do we start all over again at the C position? I think they better get him signed. He’s paid his dues and has emerged as the leader on that line this year.

Having said that I doubt it happens. Lol. Frustrating!
    "I don't know a man on this Earth who can outwork me". Ray Lewis

4. Re: Will we re-sign Ryan Jensen?

I'll go with 75/25 yes, and I'd even wager that there's a good chance they'll give him the Franchise Tag.

The reason I don't think we made much effort to sign KO was because we knew Yanda would be playing with a high salary cap for at least 3-4 more seasons. You can't have 20+ Mil of salary cap tied into 2 guards for that long without really taking a loss somewhere else on the roster. However, Yanda will probably not be around more than the 2 years left on his contract (through 2019). He'd be 36 going into the 2020 season and with a number of injuries in his career, I think he'd probably retire (unless he extends with a salary cut to make his contract more team friendly).

Yanda has a 10 mil cap hit the next 2 years remaining on his contract and Stanley won't have to sign a contract extension until 2021 so there won't be another top tier player on the OL to sign until then. I think they make an effort to keep Jensen knowing that it's really their only shot to have a Top 10 OL for the next 3-5 years.

If I were the Ravens, I would offer him a 4 year, $35 million dollar contract, which would put him in the top 7/8 centers in the league. If he plays hardball, place the franchise tag would also be as a good way to say "prove it" for 1 more year before offering him a Top 5 center contract next year.

I like his presence downfield on run plays; I like his motor; and I like his fight. Literally fight. If he costs us 15 yds here and there, I'm ok with that. Some of these D-Line guys need to get smacked around (Suh).

The BIG question for 2018 - what will Yanda be like after his injury. That is a BIG BIG question.

Unleash the NEMBOT!!!! He can play center... and guard.... and tackle... simultaneously!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RayRocks View Post
    I'll go with 75/25 yes, and I'd even wager that there's a good chance they'll give him the Franchise Tag.

The reason I don't think we made much effort to sign KO was because we knew Yanda would be playing with a high salary cap for at least 3-4 more seasons. You can't have 20+ Mil of salary cap tied into 2 guards for that long without really taking a loss somewhere else on the roster. However, Yanda will probably not be around more than the 2 years left on his contract (through 2019). He'd be 36 going into the 2020 season and with a number of injuries in his career, I think he'd probably retire (unless he extends with a salary cut to make his contract more team friendly).

Yanda has a 10 mil cap hit the next 2 years remaining on his contract and Stanley won't have to sign a contract extension until 2021 so there won't be another top tier player on the OL to sign until then. I think they make an effort to keep Jensen knowing that it's really their only shot to have a Top 10 OL for the next 3-5 years.

If I were the Ravens, I would offer him a 4 year, $35 million dollar contract, which would put him in the top 7/8 centers in the league. If he plays hardball, place the franchise tag would also be as a good way to say "prove it" for 1 more year before offering him a Top 5 center contract next year.
    Can't tag him. You would be paying him LT money

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Goode05 View Post
    Can't tag him. You would be paying him LT money
    Right. These are the different groupings for franchise tags. The NFLPA doesn't want the offensive line to be divided into more groups because it would decrease the money those interior linemen would receive on a tag designation. They have even fought to group WRs and TEs together to increase the tag number for TEs who are split out more often than not.

Quarterback
    Wide Receiver
    Running back
    Tight End
    Offensive line

Defensive end
    Defensive tackle
    Linebacker
    Cornerback
    Safety

Kicker/Punter

I wanted to re-sign Wagner, I hope we re-sign Jensen. I would like to try to keep our line intact continuously, letting guys walk that perform for us is getting old. I know money dictates basically all of this and sometimes we just cant sign a player. Keeping KO would of been great, could of used the pick of Stanley for someone else, but Oakland offered too much for us to compete with.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by usmccharles View Post
    I wanted to re-sign Wagner, I hope we re-sign Jensen. I would like to try to keep our line intact continuously, letting guys walk that perform for us is getting old. I know money dictates basically all of this and sometimes we just cant sign a player. Keeping KO would of been great, could of used the pick of Stanley for someone else, but Oakland offered too much for us to compete with.
    There were reports that we offered KO a similar deal but he turned it down because he just wasn't happy here and didn't fit in well in the locker room

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    There were reports that we offered KO a similar deal but he turned it down because he just wasn't happy here and didn't fit in well in the locker room
    I believed we offered him around 8-9mill a year. Also, about 2.2% difference in state taxes. Do players have to pay taxes in the state of each away game? I don't think so, but not sure.