Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

#1 AFC Punt Returner..

Camp finished up 1st in AFC for yards & YPR!

Also had key contributions in the go ahead scores in the last 2 games. Maclin was being paid to much to not be on the field but when he was out camp stepped up and showed why the team has kept him around. I for one would like to see him back and given a real shot to take that slot position.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: #1 AFC Punt Returner..

Punt/Kick returner is actually one area at which the Ravens need to upgrade. Campanero was serviceable, but not a game-breaker. The last one was Jacoby Jones in 2012. Without his punt return TD @ Pittsburgh, or his kick-off return TD vs Dallas, the Ravens don't win either of those game and finish 8-8 out of the playoffs.

I think Campanaro was exactly what he needed to be this year, a solid PR and #3/#4 WR. This is why I have said in other threads that he really ought to be brought back especially given that he should be quite cheap. If he can stay healthy I think he has the talent to build on what he did this year and possibly seize the slot WR job outright with a good camp.

The Maclin disaster shows that you really can't overrated chemistry at the WR position. Campanaro definitely seems to have some chemistry with Flacco and enough football IQ to know how to get open. To me bringing him back is a no-brainer.

Quote Originally Posted by PeterB58 View Post
    Punt/Kick returner is actually one area at which the Ravens need to upgrade. Campanero was serviceable, but not a game-breaker. The last one was Jacoby Jones in 2012. Without his punt return TD @ Pittsburgh, or his kick-off return TD vs Dallas, the Ravens don't win either of those game and finish 8-8 out of the playoffs.
    Did you watch the Bears game?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PeterB58 View Post
    This.

Jacoby and his return game were huge for us in 2012. That's one of the issues with the current team. They have no one like Jacoby, Ray Rice or Boldin who can take over a game and break one. It's like the offense needs to methodically drive the field every series to score. Torrey Smith was huge in 2012 as well. That Super Bowl team had 4 guys that could make the tough catch or break one for a TD. Remember 4th and 29? Even with those 4 guys, Dennis Pitta was a close second to Boldin as Joe's favorite target.

Blog Entries

Camp leads the league and we need an upgrade?

Im good with him coming back for that very reason. I think hell have a market to go elsewhere though because of his ranking and upside. It wont take a ton to retain him, and with the upheaval at the position, it would be wise to bring him back, imo.
    -JAB

Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    I think Campanaro was exactly what he needed to be this year, a solid PR and #3/#4 WR. This is why I have said in other threads that he really ought to be brought back especially given that he should be quite cheap. If he can stay healthy I think he has the talent to build on what he did this year and possibly seize the slot WR job outright with a good camp.

The Maclin disaster shows that you really can't overrated chemistry at the WR position. Campanaro definitely seems to have some chemistry with Flacco and enough football IQ to know how to get open. To me bringing him back is a no-brainer.
    Campanaro contract is up and with the little amount of money the Ravens have to spend he isn't a guy worth burning even the vet minimum for. Yes we remember the Chicago game, great play but we lost the game so it was all for nothing. He has been here since 2014, and in 3 years not made any impact really on the field other than maybe 3 plays in his entire career come to mind. He looked like he could have been a very productive player coming out of college.

Back in 2015 the Ravens traded a pick for his other college WR team mate Chris GIvens, he made zero impact same with Campanaro. Both of them were productive college players.

Whether you blame it on the Ravens coaches, injuries or the player either way He has had his chances and isn't worth the effort.

Next man up Tim White, or Quincy deserve those roster spots now and make way for some undrafted guys

3-4 years wasted on players like Campanaro, Perrimans of the world has held this team back. Time to cut bait

I feel you. But I think your missing the big picture.

Its a production based league and the dude obviously produced when given the oppurtunity. Hence the league leading PR stats. And you cant take away his play against the Bears because our defense couldnt hold them at their own 10..come on man..

On offense he has the highest catch/target ratio. So dont throw periman in with him.

I hope we make a run at him but like a previous poster stated he might actually have a decent market. Not a ton of #1 rated pr guys with ideal slot skills.

I think from a skill set perspective he is just fine in that role. But the dude is always hurt. I watched him crash into equipment on the sideline at the end of the Bengals disaster and thought "here we go again".

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

Blog Entries

I look at it like this...you have to field 5-6 receivers. The team as it stands has all of one sort of viable guy in Chris Moore under contract for next year. Why not sign Campanaro, who looked fine as a receiver and was obviously a pretty good PR, to be your slot guy and PR? It makes sense. We aren't going to draft several receivers and we don't have the money to make multiple splashes at the position given other needs in FA.

I don't get the "we need an upgrade" posts. He was literally #1 in the AFC this year. I would love another Jacoby too, but Jacoby of 2012 was kind of a flash in the pan, you aren't going to find that very often.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Blog Entries

If rea$onable, I would resign Campanaro. He's pretty good at returns and at WR too. With the dearth of talent at those two spots, why let him go at this point? Especially if he's finally healthy... Bc

Blog Entries

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!