Page 4 of 34 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: Ravens admit protests hurt attendance

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    But without effecting the players performance right? I sure hope so.
    Trust me when I say - What you're worried about is not even remotely close to how things work behind the doors at the castle.

The team has a history of defending their players as far as they can possibly go. Ray Lewis, Ray Rice, now this. It won't be a distraction in the locker room.

The Ravens don't want to be seen as stifling speech (that is their right as a private employer - I want to shut that argument down before it even starts). They don't want to be seen as enabling the action either. They were put in an impossible situation and have dealt with it as well as could be expected (when dealing with collectively bargained employees and still needing to field a football team) without actively trying to make it worse. No answer they gave from a political standpoint would have helped anyone or made everyone happy. They went middle of the road. What more could they have done without sabotaging the season or their reputation with players (thus harming future seasons in terms of free agency acquisition, or retention of players)?

And that's about all I'm willing to say in a public social media forum, relatively anonymous or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens75 View Post
    Mods Please shut this thread down.

Now the anthem protest is being compared to the sexual assault victims cases.

We have another poster who's saying that the protest was done to disrespect America while leaving out the President's involvement. To be clear Before 9/24/17 5-7 players in the entire league showed any type of support for bringing attention to Police Brutality through kneeling or some other type of gesture during the anthem. When the President got involved the entire league responded in protest to him. Since then almost no players have demonstrated during the anthem.

Again this is just going to end very badly. We don't need mis or incorrect information being put out for the sake of bullying/crafting a narative, discrediting or minimizing others.

Have a good day.
    Why would you recommend shutting down the thread only to then add fuel to the flames?

And give me a break. If I wanted to protest a bag of potatoes, I wouldn't be sitting during the anthem to do it. We've had 45 Presidents. Some great, some poor, some were even KKK members or just flat out more controversial than Trump. Whatever their controversies, it doesn't stand for the anthem. Any racist police officers or agencies out there, don't stand for the anthem. If I get fired from work for the color of my skin, what sense would it make to not honor the anthem in protest to it? None. No part of the anthem stands for any of those things. The anthem is a direct reference to the successful accomplishment of gaining our independence and it symbolizes the freedom that we've had and died for from thereafter. How you do not see that as disrespectful, to go out of your way to not honor it, is a mystery.

The fact of the matter is, some of these guys don't care to honor it. You have guys like Marshawn Lynch that admitted to not honoring the anthem for years! That's sheer disrespect, not protest. The guy sits for the anthem and then stands for Mexicos, a country where cartels, gang violence and police corruption makes the worst ghettos in America look like Beverly Hills. But he honors it? Christ. How fitting that he played for Seattle, a team full of thugs where Michael Bennett makes some bogus story about how a cop threatened to blow his head off, only for a video that shows him shaking hands with police and being cool to leak. Same guy that nearly injured someone when the game was all but over and starts fights at the end of every game, one ending with a teammate nearly fighting a fan in the stands. And those are your political activists? Bunch of spoiled ignorant thugs if you ask me. March down Washington and sit out the season like a real man if it means that much to you. Don't retract your statements as a last-ditch effort to get signed because you're not having lobster every night anymore. And don't play 60 minutes of football if you have a political cause that you're so concerned with. The truth is, they don't want to honor America.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 202Belden View Post
    Look at this way -- It only takes 1 of the 53 players to see that letter and conclude "... that MF in the front office now blaming us for empty seats. Who the f&^% he think he is? ..." Then it becomes locker room talk and the distraction is on.

High, high risk with this letter and little reward. What are we trying to do - sell a few tickets in weeks 16 and 17? Even if we make the playoffs, we're on the road! And i hardly think there'd be an empty seat if we're hosting the AFCCG. Again, what are they trying to accomplish with this communication? There is no short term gain worth the risk.
    I agree. Focus on winning o on the road for the playoffs and hope people get over it in the offseason.

pray for us

Blog Entries

Why would you recommend shutting down the thread only to then add fuel to the flames?
    No kidding.

And give me a break. If I wanted to protest a bag of potatoes, I wouldn't be sitting during the anthem to do it. We've had 45 Presidents. Some great, some poor, some were even KKK members or just flat out more controversial than Trump. Whatever their controversies, it doesn't stand for the anthem. Any racist police officers or agencies out there, don't stand for the anthem. If I get fired from work for the color of my skin, what sense would it make to not honor the anthem in protest to it? None. No part of the anthem stands for any of those things. The anthem is a direct reference to the successful accomplishment of gaining our independence and it symbolizes the freedom that we've had and died for from thereafter. How you do not see that as disrespectful, to go out of your way to not honor it, is a mystery.

The fact of the matter is, some of these guys don't care to honor it. You have guys like Marshawn Lynch that admitted to not honoring the anthem for years! That's sheer disrespect, not protest. The guy sits for the anthem and then stands for Mexicos, a country where cartels, gang violence and police corruption makes the worst ghettos in America look like Beverly Hills. But he honors it? Christ. How fitting that he played for Seattle, a team full of thugs where Michael Bennett makes some bogus story about how a cop threatened to blow his head off, only for a video that shows him shaking hands with police and being cool to leak. Same guy that nearly injured someone when the game was all but over and starts fights at the end of every game, one ending with a teammate nearly fighting a fan in the stands. And those are your political activists? Bunch of spoiled ignorant thugs if you ask me. March down Washington and sit out the season like a real man if it means that much to you. Don't retract your statements as a last-ditch effort to get signed because you're not having lobster every night anymore. And don't play 60 minutes of football if you have a political cause that you're so concerned with. The truth is, they don't want to honor America.
    Lmao this post is hilarious, you mad because someone doesn’t respect a piece of cloth? What about the respect of your fellow man and woman? And they bunch of spoiled thugs now? I see who you are now, a racist

Camden and String,

The issue is that its just too toxic to both sides. I support the players attempt to bring attention to a very relevant issue. I also support the flag and this country.

Where I have an issue and take offense to is the blatant mis-information and derailment of these two(or more) posters who think its about them and have no intention of showing any balance. That's called being divisive and with all that this issue has caused(anger, outrage, threats, near violence) I don't think it should be regurgitated.

This is unnecessary - I run 2 successful companies and have done so for 20 years. I know all about strategic planning.

The long term play (2018 sales and beyond) is indeed their focus. All I'm saying is the best way to get there and to get asses in seats is by winning and winning in the playoffs. So why "potentially" cause a distraction.
    I mean that's totally just your opinion (your way to get there just by winning). That's just part of it.

But to act like they shouldn't be reaching out to their core group of fans who are not showing up and have loudly been voicing their disgust with the team...there is no problem with that. You have 2 businesses...so if your employees or product causes a massive public uproar that you know will impact your bottom line, you wouldn't reach out to the perceived affected customers to see what you can do to make things better? Or you think simply improving the product while ignoring your former customers will work? Why not both? That would seem to be common sense to me.

If we have players that see that letter, and look at it as a sole attack on them and blame, then we have some incredibly stupid players. They see what is going on in the stands. Players around the league see it. I give these guys credit enough to feel they know what's going on, so someone just stating part of the obvious will all of a sudden cause issues? I don't think so.

No doubt in my mind Cass and Byrne and Bisciotti and all the money makers in the organization have tactfully gone over cause and effect stuff with the players while also trying to be as supportive as they can possibly be with the reason for the protest in the first place.

I have literally zero issue with that letter, it was simply stating the obvious while also acknowledging a lot of other things. This organization has a brilliant reputation as being first class for the players and being fair. That letter wouldn't prompt malcontents unless people are looking for a reason to be upset or pissed.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Well...since we have a few individuals that just can't help themselves from "going there" and want to start the race war a-fucking-gain rather than just discuss the Ravens intent with the letter I'm moving this to the off topic area where all the nitwits, juveniles and racists can gather.
    Thanks to all for being adults!
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

I'll say this, I think we need to keep this thread based on the letter, and not get back into whether the protests were right or wrong.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaRaven View Post
    I don't see any of that going on aside from 1 or 2 posts. Why so quick to shut down discussion like some sort of thought police?
    Read Culex latest response. I knew some people were going to go there and he did.

And before people say ignore it ignore it, I say crush the divisive/separatist/totalitarian BS while its out there. That's the only way to deal with this absolute nonsense once and for all. I'm not in it for black(which I am), white, red or yellow. I'm in this for fairness/balance and peace.

Agree to disagree but don't be so threatening, disrespectful and one sided.

Of course this is not directed at you.

Have a good day.

Blog Entries

Dick Cass is a complete fool for sending that letter at this time. Why pick that scab open among your customer base, fans and players when the team seems to be on the uptick and are 2 wins from the 5 seed? Does he think all is cool among players regarding this issue? Is he not aware of the importance of focus and the poison of distractions? What an out-of-touch moron!!!
    This.

I really don't get what Cass is trying to accomplish. No one is going to change their views because of his letter. It's just a dumb move