Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Ravens admit protests hurt attendance

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post

Edit: Oh and when running a business, you don't look short term, you look long term.
    This is unnecessary - I run 2 successful companies and have done so for 20 years. I know all about strategic planning.

The long term play (2018 sales and beyond) is indeed their focus. All I'm saying is the best way to get there and to get asses in seats is by winning and winning in the playoffs. So why "potentially" cause a distraction.

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    It makes me shake my head, but at the end of the day you are right.
    I hear ya brother

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    “I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart

Quote Originally Posted by 202Belden View Post
    Dick Cass is a complete fool for sending that letter at this time. Why pick that scab open among your customer base, fans and players when the team seems to be on the uptick and are 2 wins from the 5 seed? Does he think all is cool among players regarding this issue? Is he not aware of the importance of focus and the poison of distractions? What an out-of-touch moron!!!
    Shows that hes more worried about finances.

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    Shows that hes more worried about finances.
    That pretty much is Dick Cass's job. It's Ozzie's job to worry about the roster, Harbaugh's job to worry about getting W's, and Cass's job to get them the funds to do it. Part of that includes putting butts in seats.

Quote Originally Posted by cvilleRaven View Post
    That pretty much is Dick Cass's job. It's Ozzie's job to worry about the roster, Harbaugh's job to worry about getting W's, and Cass's job to get them the funds to do it. Part of that includes putting butts in seats.
    But without effecting the players performance right? I sure hope so.

Mods please shut this thread down. This is just going to end badly with opinions from people so dug in they don't realize how dangerous they've become and how hostile the environment truly is.

Have a good day.

Blog Entries

*walks in looks around nervously, turns back round and walks out the fuck out*

Mods Please shut this thread down.

Now the anthem protest is being compared to the sexual assault victims cases.

We have another poster who's saying that the protest was done to disrespect America while leaving out the President's involvement. To be clear Before 9/24/17 5-7 players in the entire league showed any type of support for bringing attention to Police Brutality through kneeling or some other type of gesture during the anthem. When the President got involved the entire league responded in protest to him. Since then almost no players have demonstrated during the anthem.

Again this is just going to end very badly. We don't need mis or incorrect information being put out for the sake of bullying/crafting a narative, discrediting or minimizing others.

Have a good day.
    Last edited by Ravens75; 12-22-2017 at 05:24 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    *walks in looks around nervously, turns back round and walks out the fuck out*
    Right behind ya

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's a fair topic since the Ravens sent out the letter.

Full disclosure, I read it while taking a dump this morning and the extent of my emotional reaction was "Huh."

To me, it's an obvious attempt to get people back in the seats for the last 2 games. No more, no less.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens75 View Post
    Mods please shut this thread down. This is just going to end badly with opinions from people so dug in they don't realize how dangerous they've become and how hostile the environment truly is.

Have a good day.
    I don't see any of that going on aside from 1 or 2 posts. Why so quick to shut down discussion like some sort of thought police?

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    Not offensive to the military? That would just make it worse. How would you tell someone that's offended by a particular gesture, that it was not offensive? It was not only military but people that are also proud and love this nation. The gesture was disrespectful as it was intentionally done to refuse to honor America because of issues that are entirely irrelevant.
    It's not irrelevant to black people who face the possibility of excessive force, every time they interact with law enforcement.
    What made this kneeling thing worse (aside from the Dotard in Chief's hot air) was that people didn't know or didn't care to know exactly was Kap et. al's specific target.

If you want to get so bent out of shape that you eat $100 or more game tickets, it's your right. I gotta say the only game I straight blew off was the retarded Thurs game w/ Miami (so disgusting was the Chicago game, so I'm in the Play/Coach better" camp).The 40-0 joke is on me on me I suppose. I agree with those who say "why bring it back up now?" instead of say the post-season appeals to renew.