Page 23 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2122232425 ... LastLast
Results 265 to 276 of 433
  1. #265
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    46,904
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Ravens admit protests hurt attendance



    Quote Originally Posted by ravenmaniac4life View Post
    Lmao.

    Thatís funny.

    You hear that folks? Black people donít know how to use the Internet. Lol.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

    RIP #25





  2. Re: Ravens admit protests hurt attendance

    Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Lmao.

    Thatís funny.

    You hear that folks? Black people donít know how to use the Internet. Lol.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I work with millenials from time to time and I actually posed the "are voter ID laws racist?" question to a female millenial who was pretty open in her hatred of Trump, and I got a similar response... "Some people don't have the ability to get an ID" was her response...if I remember correctly. I didn't correct her. I just nodded and gave the "oh yeah?" response and walked away.

    Pretty comical, and the worst part is...she didn't see the irony in her comment.





  3. #267

    Re: Ravens admit protests hurt attendance

    If the team was good or at least exciting those seats would be more full. Of course they want to use the protests as a scapegoat. Fact is NFL attendance and ratings have been declining for some time as more people prefer to watch at home. I havent been to a game since 2014 and dont plan to.





  4. Re: Ravens admit protests hurt attendance

    Quote Originally Posted by Ravens Fan View Post
    If the team was good or at least exciting those seats would be more full.
    I disagree.

    The Ravens have NEVER been an exciting to team to watch, but I've never seen M&T Bank Stadium as empty as it was this past Sunday...which was basically a playoff game. It was embarrassing TBH. Ravens fans are passionate and they love their football team. IMO, the lack of attendance on Sunday would've never happened pre-2017. I still love the Ravens and always will, but my interest level this year is lower than it's ever been, and it has nothing to do with the "non-exciting" play. A lot of fans feel this way IMO. They feel pissed on and the proof of that was evident on Sunday. Biscotti knows it too. I wouldn't be surprised if he spends a good chunk of the time talking about this very issue during the end of the year presser. I bet he will apologize.


    Quote Originally Posted by Ravens Fan View Post
    Of course they want to use the protests as a scapegoat. Fact is NFL attendance and ratings have been declining for some time as more people prefer to watch at home. I havent been to a game since 2014 and dont plan to.
    I don't think anyone on this forum is suggesting that the protests are the ONLY reason people aren't going to these games, but I think it's a big part of it. The protests clearly haven't helped the NFL brand in any way. With attendance steadily dwindling over the years and people not wanting to shell out the money to watch these games at the stadium...the timing of the protests has made it a lot easier for fans to decide to NOT want to go...and in a lot of cases, not even watch the games on TV. The whole thing has been handled horribly.





  5. #269

    Re: Ravens admit protests hurt attendance

    Quote Originally Posted by Ravens Fan View Post
    If the team was good or at least exciting those seats would be more full. Of course they want to use the protests as a scapegoat. Fact is NFL attendance and ratings have been declining for some time as more people prefer to watch at home. I havent been to a game since 2014 and dont plan to.
    That's lame!

    Thousands who were there for the Browns game did not show up after the Ravens came back from London. Next, after the kneeling/"praying" stunt, thousands more dropped out. I know what my eyes tell me.

    Moreover, the Ravens front office has no-show survey data. Ivy Leaguers= Dick Cass knows a lot more about the impact of the protests on attendance than a prepubescent hiding behind a computer screen.


    Quote Originally Posted by Ravens Fan View Post
    I havent been to a game since 2014 and dont plan to.
    Good! Fans like you are not needed at home games. Enjoy the protests, and the NFL's demise.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).





  6. #270

    Re: Ravens admit protests hurt attendance

    Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    That's lame!

    Thousands who were there for the Browns game did not show up after the Ravens came back from London. Next, after the kneeling/"praying" stunt, thousands more dropped out. I know what my eyes tell me.

    Moreover, the Ravens front office has no-show survey data. Ivy Leaguers= Dick Cass knows a lot more about the impact of the protests on attendance than a prepubescent hiding behind a computer screen.




    Good! Fans like you are not needed at home games. Enjoy the protests, and the NFL's demise.
    Ravens Home Attendance in 2016 (before protest): 568,000 - 12th in the NFL
    Ravens Home Attendance in 2017 (after protest): 564,000 - 12th in the NFL

    There's your complicated "Ivy League" data Mr. Sensitive. A very modest, almost negligible dip. The ideas expressed in Mr. Cass's letter are nothing more than another half-baked excuse for why the NFL's popularity has continued to stagnate. As for "what your eyes tell you", the Ravens attendance in Week 4 vs Pittsburgh was higher than Week 2 vs Cleveland. Sounds like you need a reality check. Along with all the others who continue to whine about the protest, which happened in September. Get over it!
    Last edited by Ravens Fan; 01-03-2018 at 04:39 AM.





  7. #271

    Re: Ravens admit protests hurt attendance

    Quote Originally Posted by Ravens Fan View Post
    Ravens Home Attendance in 2016 (before protest): 568,000 - 12th in the NFL
    Ravens Home Attendance in 2017 (after protest): 564,000 - 12th in the NFL

    There's your complicated "Ivy League" data Mr. Sensitive. A very modest, almost negligible dip. The ideas expressed in Mr. Cass's letter are nothing more than another half-baked excuse for why the NFL's popularity has continued to stagnate. As for "what your eyes tell you", the Ravens attendance in Week 4 vs Pittsburgh was higher than Week 2 vs Cleveland. Sounds like you need a reality check. Along with all the others who continue to whine about the protest, which happened in September. Get over it!
    I believe you are referring to ticket sales and not actual attendance. Thanks to psl's, ticket sales remained similar.





  8. #272

    Re: Ravens admit protests hurt attendance

    Quote Originally Posted by CarrollCoRaven View Post
    I believe you are referring to ticket sales and not actual attendance. Thanks to psl's, ticket sales remained similar.
    I got my number from the Baltimore Business Journal. They did a study on Ravens attendance this year. I haven't seen any real evidence attendance is significantly down this year, other than anecdotal. If you can show me stats that say otherwise be my guest. I'm not buying this crap about protests. Doesn't it make more sense that people would want to avoid the ridiculous costs of parking/concessions/tickets, the leagues poor response to domestic violence and concussions, or the fact that the commissioner is a complete idiot? They want people to think its because of *kneeling*. Give me a break. Besides, the protests are over. Time to move on.

    You can get an HDTV for like 20 bucks nowadays. Why would anyone want to pay exorbitant amounts of money to stand around in the cold and not even be able to see the game?
    Last edited by Ravens Fan; 01-03-2018 at 10:57 AM.





  9. #273
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    46,904
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Ravens admit protests hurt attendance

    Quote Originally Posted by Ravens Fan View Post
    I haven't seen any real evidence attendance is significantly down this year, other than anecdotal. If you can show me stats that say otherwise be my guest. I have always felt like watching the games at home is better anyway. Besides, the protests are over. Time to move on.
    Totally anecdotal, but I was at the Thursday night game against Miami. Taking into account that it was a Thursday night game, which is tough as it is since most people work on Friday and/or have kids they need to get to school, I was surprised by how few were at the game. It very much resembled pre-season games. It was still a good crowd, but it certainly wasn't a packed house.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

    RIP #25





  10. #274

    Re: Ravens admit protests hurt attendance

    Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Totally anecdotal, but I was at the Thursday night game against Miami. Taking into account that it was a Thursday night game, which is tough as it is since most people work on Friday and/or have kids they need to get to school, I was surprised by how few were at the game. It very much resembled pre-season games. It was still a good crowd, but it certainly wasn't a packed house.
    I don't like the Thursday night games either. It waters down the product. And let it be known, I always stand for the flag. I jump out of my seat and salute every time I see yellow on the field. I am not one to disrespect the honor of the NFL. I just think the whole "white conservatives don't like uppity black people" thing is a handy excuse for what would have happened with or without the protest. Football's popularity is stagnating and has been slowly trending down for a few years now. For example (although anecdotal) I remember a lot of people talking about the large number of Raiders and Redskins fans in our stadium during last years games.
    Last edited by Ravens Fan; 01-03-2018 at 10:58 AM.





  11. #275

    Re: Ravens admit protests hurt attendance

    Quote Originally Posted by Ravens Fan View Post
    I got my number from the Baltimore Business Journal. They did a study on Ravens attendance this year. I haven't seen any real evidence attendance is significantly down this year, other than anecdotal. If you can show me stats that say otherwise be my guest. I'm not buying this crap about protests. Doesn't it make more sense that people would want to avoid the ridiculous costs of parking/concessions/tickets, the leagues poor response to domestic violence and concussions, or the fact that the commissioner is a complete idiot? They want people to think its because of *kneeling*. Give me a break. Besides, the protests are over. Time to move on.

    You can get an HDTV for like 20 bucks nowadays. Why would anyone want to pay exorbitant amounts of money to stand around in the cold and not even be able to see the game?
    I believe there are many reasons for the attendance drop and you have listed many valid reasons. The kneeling is also a valid reason, but certainly not the only one. Sunday's attendance was glaring and very noticeable. My guess is 1/2 to 1/3 number of empty seats, for basically a playoff, must win game. This would have been unheard of just a couple of years ago. Certainly, the change of time to a 4:30 game on New Years Eve and the weather were huge factors in the many no shows. It will be interesting this off season, how many PSL's are either sold or just abandoned. The fans should be asked why they are selling or giving them up by the Ravens, sort of like an exit poll at an election. There is no doubt that the NFL has an attendance problem which is growing. Bringing back Roger Goodell was not an answer to the problem. He has been part of the problem and is not the solution.





  12. Re: Ravens admit protests hurt attendance

    For what it's worth...

    I recently joined a new team at my job and I spoke with 2 of my new team members today and the subject of the NFL was brought up...as it is the easiest "small talk" subject to talk about when meeting new work colleagues. One of the guys works in Gaithersburg, MD and the other in Asburn (sp?), VA. Both guys admitted to being diehard NFL fans their entire lives and both said that they refuse to watch NFL games anymore because of the protests and the way Goodell handled it. I didn''t know these 2 people existed until about 3 hours ago and they are in the "the protests ruined it" crowd. I wonder how many people feel the same way?

    Clearly, these are only 2 people, so it doesn't mean a whole hell of a lot, but...it's relevant to this thread





Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Link To Mobile Site