Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: So I try to check the Steelers forum and I find..

Quote Originally Posted by Goode05 View Post
    That ball would have popped up into the air as it bounced off 11s shoulder pads. Probably right to a backer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    LOL you're probably right!

2. Re: So I try to check the Steelers forum and I find..

The NFL is just inconsistent on this IMO. The difference with this one is the football breaking the plane and it did. I've seen RB's jump over, break the plane and then fumble but it's not counted as a fumble because he broke the plane. Why this was not counted as a TD as soon as the football broke the plane I'm not sure. It would be different if he was in the field of play and the ball came out once he hit the ground, but the football broke the line so at that point that's a TD.

Could go either way. He had possession and was reaching across the goal. At that point he already had the ball and was attempting to score. The ball got loose, but there was no definitive replay view that the ball ever touched the ground. I disagree with the call of course, but that is just my opinion. What is the saying - the Steelers snatched defeat from the jaws of victory! The crappy 3 and out did not help. The dropped potential interception did not help. Ben's throw sealed the deal. Apparently the call to make a quick play came from the sidelines, I think Ben R. wanted to spike. Not sure is that was the best call at the time, but hindsight is 20/20. I feel confident moving into a potential playoff game with the Patriots. That was one the Steelers could have won through flat out outplaying the Patriots. Frustrating loss. The good news is hopefully Bryant is back. The bad news is Brown is out. Whack-aole!

Isn't Tomlin still on the rules committee.??

Maybe their fans should ask him to change it.

Quote Originally Posted by The Wizard of OZ View Post
    The NFL is just inconsistent on this IMO. The difference with this one is the football breaking the plane and it did. I've seen RB's jump over, break the plane and then fumble but it's not counted as a fumble because he broke the plane. Why this was not counted as a TD as soon as the football broke the plane I'm not sure. It would be different if he was in the field of play and the ball came out once he hit the ground, but the football broke the line so at that point that's a TD.
    Pretty simple, really. You ALWAYS have to complete the catch. Do you consider the Lee Evans non-catch a touchdown? He had the ball, in the end zone.
    "This space for rent" - Roger Goodell

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by usmccharles View Post
    Man I just don't buy into it in the sense the fix is in. Yea I know the tuck rule and whatever, just not buying that from yesterday, I just didn't think it was a catch.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    I'm sure you're right but wearing a tin foil hat just helps me live up here with these asshats when I have to deal with another pats PO run!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by moose10101 View Post
    Pretty simple, really. You ALWAYS have to complete the catch. Do you consider the Lee Evans non-catch a touchdown? He had the ball, in the end zone.
    I agree, based on current rules it was cut and dry

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by DonNMass View Post
    I'm sure you're right but wearing a tin foil hat just helps me live up here with these asshats when I have to deal with another pats PO run!
    Haha fair enough

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    “I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart

Blog Entries

they won't go anywhere, they wont even beat Jville, no one will beat Jville but the Pats.

Surrounded by Cousin Eddies in Cincitucky (get me out of this HELLHOLE!)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TheOrioleWay View Post
    So what was the final ruling?
    Let Joe Cool lead the way 😎

Surrounded by Cousin Eddies in Cincitucky (get me out of this HELLHOLE!)

Quote Originally Posted by CincyCat View Post
    So what was the final ruling?
    They called it a TD, which by that point in the game, was just another nail in the coffin. The Giants were not going to score against that best ever Defense.