Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: "....should’ve had Marlon Humphrey shadow Antonio Brown"- Dean Pees

Game time adjustments take 5 days for Pees

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Game time adjustments take 5 days for Pees
    This defense would be dominant under a DC like Wade Phillips, even against good offenses. There is no excuse for this

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    This defense would be dominant under a DC like Wade Phillips, even against good offenses. There is no excuse for this
    The Ravens actually have the perfect roster for Wade. He was sitting out there waiting to get hired. Ugh! It's so frustrating

In other news, water is wet.

Burn it down

Blog Entries

I am at a loss for words, honestly. I was trying to think of something witty to say to this but I got nothin'. I can not wait until this idiot retires after the season.

Blog Entries

Its a little frustrating but i think his explanation actually made sense. If youre going to advertise that youre in man every single down, youre going to still be giving up plays elsewhere. Ben a vet, he can read a defense, and they have more weapons than just Brown. He was doing that just fine as it was with the TEs ripping apart our zones as it was. If we gave him that much of a tell it only would have resulted in similar imo.

I still would have liked to seen Humphrey shadow him. Even if youre in zone, I dont see why you cant flip flop or adjust zones to handle a one on one matchup within that. the bigger question that his answer raises is why werent we prepared for that as a possibility if things werent working. You work around players strengths and ofcourse expect that to work, but part of planning is understanding weaknesses that your opponent is trying to exploit and how you respond to that. those in game adjustments are certainly one criticism of Pees that I have supported. hes done some over the years, but he is slow to adjust. He trusts his players too much at times. Makes him a good players coach, They do seem to like playing for him, but that will get you i trouble at times. Its better to be blunt an honest about an obvious liability.

All this said, Brown is a beast and the best WR in the league. He gets open nearly at will every week against better corners than we actually have suited up and until this game weve mainly kept him in check. He trusted his previous success against him to come through again, and if you take a step back, you cant really fault him for being slow to go away from something that has worked historically. Hindsight would be the time to revisit it and see it a little clearer. The good news is... they saw that. If they learn from mistakes, you expect that to be corrected in the future. we shall see.
    -JAB

You can have guys follow guys around the field and they can drop into zone. That makes no sense to me.

Just becuase Humphrey goes to line up in front of AB doesn't mean we're automatically in zone coverage?
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Blog Entries

I've never understood the way Dean Pees runs his offense. It seems like he doesn't try to use the players to their strengths.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    You can have guys follow guys around the field and they can drop into zone. That makes no sense to me.

Just becuase Humphrey goes to line up in front of AB doesn't mean we're automatically in zone coverage?
    they can. most teams dont though. its more of something you do once in awhile than all game. i think it causes confusion in your secondary, which is why he said its something they didnt feel comfortable with not practicing first. youd think with our vets wed be able to handle that, since the rookie would know his assignment, but thats the part i do understand, even if id rather them be prepared for that possibility.
    -JAB

Quote Originally Posted by Jazz1988 View Post
    I get that but I definitely understand Dean Pees confidence in a 10 year veteran such as Brandon Carr . Good/ great players get beat all the time.Jimmy Smith got beat bad by DeAndre Hopkins. Terrell Suggs who may be playing at defensive player of the year type level was having a hard timegetting to Big Ben up against The Steelers back up right tackle. Carr wouldn't have been starting this long if The Ravens coaching staff didn't think he was a good or great player.

Do I think they should have handle Brown differently on the last play? Yeah I do .
    He got beat on the exact same play 3 times. 4 really, but the first was thrown slightly out of bounds, otherwise a TD.

All season I've seen Carr near the play, but behind it. Bad throws have saved him.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    Gameplanning after the game.

That's a bold strategy cotton, let's see if it pays off