Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
  1. Re: "....should’ve had Marlon Humphrey shadow Antonio Brown"- Dean Pees

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    does anyone know how many catches and yards AB had while Marlon was on him?
    I saw it posted somewhere and I'm sure FilmStudy has the exact numbers but it was low. Something like 4 for 30 or somewhere along those lines.

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Re: "....should’ve had Marlon Humphrey shadow Antonio Brown"- Dean Pees

Quote Originally Posted by Dade View Post
    That's the picture I was looking for.

You read these quotes and it's just so tough to take. Stuff that's so obvious is just beyond this group

Well lets just see...

Attached Images Attached Images

Not bad for a RUNNING BACK!!! Now that is funny.
    #FIREROMAN

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    LMAOOO apparently it was too much for a vet too
    I get that but I definitely understand Dean Pees confidence in a 10 year veteran such as Brandon Carr . Good/ great players get beat all the time.Jimmy Smith got beat bad by DeAndre Hopkins. Terrell Suggs who may be playing at defensive player of the year type level was having a hard timegetting to Big Ben up against The Steelers back up right tackle. Carr wouldn't have been starting this long if The Ravens coaching staff didn't think he was a good or great player.

Do I think they should have handle Brown differently on the last play? Yeah I do .

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenalytics View Post
    Also, would it be feasible to switch the entire defense like that so late? Just curious
    as long as they practice it, they can play whatever scheme they think is best. But making scheme changes mid-game is not as easy

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

I'm glad he's saying this, though. Maybe he feels Humphrey is ready to guard #1 receivers which is what we desperately need from him right now.

Blog Entries

Even Professor Xavier *coughs* I mean Jazz wants Dean Pees fired. That should be the nail in the coffin.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

interesting

michael crawford‏
    @abukari

Here’s the next play, 3rd & 4. Now watch Henry’s rush. He basically stays head up on the RG. Doesn’t work to cross his face and doesn’t rush in the A gap. Pees said they have a rush to go with this coverage and I think Henry is the guy he was referring to.

https://twitter.com/twitter/statuses/941495908679782400

michael crawford‏
    @abukari

After listening to Pees comments today I went back and watched the 2nd & 4 play before the long completion to Brown late in Q4. When the clip gets to the EZ angle pay attention to Henry lined up at 3T. He works to cross the RG’s face and rush in the A gap.

https://twitter.com/abukari/status/941494975786778624

Dean has had since 2014 to figure out how to play without Jimmy Smith.

During last year's Giants game, the radio broadcast cut to an interview with Dean wherein he stressed how important it was to make the opponent one dimensional. The Giants at that point in the game couldn't run the ball. A few moments later, Jimmy Smith gets injured. The game ends with Odell Beckham setting a career high of 212 receiving yards.

Of course, we all remember what happened on Christmas in Pittsburgh last year.

And so, here we are again.

Smith gets hurt. Matthew Stafford, on a Lions franchise that hasn't had a 1000 yard rusher since 2013, completes 24 of 29 passes.

Back to Pittsburgh, Tony Jefferson takes a hard, low shot on LeVeon Bell. The Steelers are forced (or choose) to be one-dimensional. Ben attempts 66 passes, completes 44 of them for 506 yards. Brown, 213 yards.

And so now we get this quote. Again, they've had since 2014 to figure out how to play without Smith. They drafted Marlon Humphrey in the first round. They've seen Carr on tape for years. They seem him in practice. They saw him on Sunday night. The quote leads you to believe they don't know what they have in either Carr or Humphrey.

Other teams don't have Jimmy Smith. And, sure, those teams get burned by Beckham, Brown, et al. But burned...Tecmo Bowl/Bo Jackson style?

Pees has peaked.

I've never called for a coach's firing. But it seems clear that Pees can't make the defense better. Come 2018 someone else should be given the opportunity to prove that he can.

Quote Originally Posted by Justlovemybirds View Post
    interesting
    Oh! That is interesting. Thanks for finding/sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by Coram_Nobis View Post
    Dean has had since 2014 to figure out how to play without Jimmy Smith.

During last year's Giants game, the radio broadcast cut to an interview with Dean wherein he stressed how important it was to make the opponent one dimensional. The Giants at that point in the game couldn't run the ball. A few moments later, Jimmy Smith gets injured. The game ends with Odell Beckham setting a career high of 212 receiving yards.

Of course, we all remember what happened on Christmas in Pittsburgh last year.

And so, here we are again.

Smith gets hurt. Matthew Stafford, on a Lions franchise that hasn't had a 1000 yard rusher since 2013, completes 24 of 29 passes.

Back to Pittsburgh, Tony Jefferson takes a hard, low shot on LeVeon Bell. The Steelers are forced (or choose) to be one-dimensional. Ben attempts 66 passes, completes 44 of them for 506 yards. Brown, 213 yards.

And so now we get this quote. Again, they've had since 2014 to figure out how to play without Smith. They drafted Marlon Humphrey in the first round. They've seen Carr on tape for years. They seem him in practice. They saw him on Sunday night. The quote leads you to believe they don't know what they have in either Carr or Humphrey.

Other teams don't have Jimmy Smith. And, sure, those teams get burned by Beckham, Brown, et al. But burned...Tecmo Bowl/Bo Jackson style?

Pees has peaked.

I've never called for a coach's firing. But it seems clear that Pees can't make the defense better. Come 2018 someone else should be given the opportunity to prove that he can.
    We're all just armchair coaches and GMs at the end of the day. There are a lot of subtleties that go on that we miss. It requires careful watching of film to uncover (reference: the Henry pass rush tweets).

But we're not stupid. We can spot the basic problems. Coach Harbs even said to us something to the effect of "this time it'll be different, we have secondary depth". And we do have better players - I've seen Carr make plays, Humphrey make plays, Canady make plays. And Hill was on fire in the preseason. But so far, the results have not been different.

The Ravens have three games against sub-par teams to right the ship... each game incrementally more challenging (Cleveland, to Indy, to Cincy). Perhaps by then they'll finally learn how to play well without Mr. Smith.

Blog Entries

Its a fucking embarrassment