Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Re: "....should’ve had Marlon Humphrey shadow Antonio Brown"- Dean Pees

I wish Harbaugh was thinking "should have hired Wade Phillips, Jim Schartz, Gus Bradley when they were available"

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    Its a little frustrating but i think his explanation actually made sense. If youre going to advertise that youre in man every single down, youre going to still be giving up plays elsewhere. Ben a vet, he can read a defense, and they have more weapons than just Brown. He was doing that just fine as it was with the TEs ripping apart our zones as it was. If we gave him that much of a tell it only would have resulted in similar imo.

I still would have liked to seen Humphrey shadow him. Even if youre in zone, I dont see why you cant flip flop or adjust zones to handle a one on one matchup within that. the bigger question that his answer raises is why werent we prepared for that as a possibility if things werent working. You work around players strengths and ofcourse expect that to work, but part of planning is understanding weaknesses that your opponent is trying to exploit and how you respond to that. those in game adjustments are certainly one criticism of Pees that I have supported. hes done some over the years, but he is slow to adjust. He trusts his players too much at times. Makes him a good players coach, They do seem to like playing for him, but that will get you i trouble at times. Its better to be blunt an honest about an obvious liability.

All this said, Brown is a beast and the best WR in the league. He gets open nearly at will every week against better corners than we actually have suited up and until this game weve mainly kept him in check. He trusted his previous success against him to come through again, and if you take a step back, you cant really fault him for being slow to go away from something that has worked historically. Hindsight would be the time to revisit it and see it a little clearer. The good news is... they saw that. If they learn from mistakes, you expect that to be corrected in the future. we shall see.
    This is my issue. Pees has been lauded in the past for having a plan for every scenario

The thing I admire about Coach Pees is he covers everything. Even if there are ‘what ifs,’ he’s already thought about that ‘what if,’” Smith said.

Smith recalled a time three years ago when playing against the Pittsburgh Steelers that the defense was caught off guard by a big-bodied package the Steelers used.

From that day on, coach has never not put in a package. He leaves no stone unturned,” Smith said. “He’s been coaching for longer than my older brother’s been alive. I think he’s been coaching for 36 years. I don’t think there’s a play he hasn’t seen or a formation.”
    And yet for some reason, there was a part of this gameplan that didn't involve shifting coverage towards Brown.

Blog Entries

I don't care how many weapons Pittsburgh has. While we still would have been pissed off, we wouldn't be nearly irate if Pees just somehow managed to make Pittsburgh defeat us with someone OTHER THAN ANTONIO FREAKING BROWN!!
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

They had one adjustment, made it early in the 4th and the shit the bed........but with no complement to Suggs pass rush, the Steelers would have eaten us up ANYWAY (edited). Although the offense did more than enough, this game they needed one or two more plays.......
    Last edited by NOLARavenFAN; 12-15-2017 at 01:43 PM.
    Way Down South in New Orleans

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NOLARavenFAN View Post
    They had one adjustment, made it early in the 4th and the shit the bed........but with no complement to Suggs pass rush, the Steelers would have eaten us up. Although the offense did more than enough, this game they needed one or two more plays.......
    Worse than they did?

Quote Originally Posted by DonNMass View Post
    Worse than they did?
    I should have said anyway...........but Pees is done!
    Way Down South in New Orleans

It was obvious they were going to march down the field and score. The defense should have gone for the kill and if failed then Flacco would have time to try and march back for a field goal.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NOLARavenFAN View Post
    They had one adjustment, made it early in the 4th and the shit the bed........but with no complement to Suggs pass rush, the Steelers would have eaten us up ANYWAY (edited). Although the offense did more than enough, this game they needed one or two more plays.......
    One or two more players given to that side of the ball may have netted those two plays. This offense scoring 38 points and losing is a fireable offense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Re: "....should’ve had Marlon Humphrey shadow Antonio Brown"- Dean Pees

Jeff Zrebiec‏
    @jeffzrebiecsun

Dean Pees admitted in hindsight, he should’ve had Marlon Humphrey shadow Antonio Brown.
    What Zrebiec left out in this tweet is that upon hearing this admission, Harbaugh promptly awarded Dean a game ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Goode05 View Post
    One or two more players given to that side of the ball may have netted those two plays. This offense scoring 38 points and losing is a fireable offense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I said something very similar in another thread.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This just in, Dean Pees changing his name to Captain Obvious