Page 38 of 100 FirstFirst ... 3637383940 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Who is on your WR wish list for 2018

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    Marquise Lee is my Free Agent of choice. I think he brings the most upside and highest floor, for the best value. I think Garcon has a little more production, but a little older as well. wouldnt surprise me if Lee signs for 9-10m/year, but if you want an impact WR signing, Thats probably the floor. If he signs for anything less, id be happy to have him.

ultimately I dont see us really getting a top FA for that reason. Well get a guy like Eric Decker for 4-6M/year and re-sign Wallace for around the same. Is Wallace/Decker > Wallace/Maclin? Honestly Id say no. I think maclin is a better player and has a much higher upside. His fit here really needs to be figured out if it was schematic, compounded by injury to Flacco, or personality. If its the latter, see ya, if its something they truly think can be fixed by play calling or familiarity than I think Maclin actually is the best value were going to have, and not the sure cut we think he is. Thats going to be a hard sell for fans, but I dont really see a sure fire upgrade in our price range. The piggy back to any of these moves is taking the top WR available in the draft, possibly two.

I dont know about best in the league, but ill take crow for thinking Maclin was the best WR, in his prime, that Flacco has ever had. On paper I think it made sense as a unit, and ill still say it was one his more talented hes ever had.

Keep in mind most of us expected nominmal growth at the least by Perriman, not regression. He wasnt the same player in 2017 that he was in 2016 and that was not expected by anyone, including our FO and coaches. If he was even as good as he was in 2016, I think things change a lot. That player would have opened things up for others. 2017 Perriman was an afterthought for defenses and did nothing to help others or this offense.
    Maclin can't stay healthy what good is he? Teams don't dump good receivers. Reid knew what he was doing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by JonAB View Post
    Nobody thought it was one of the best cores in the league. The Ravens put out that silly PR shit and everyone laughed at them. Most thought it’d be good enough but we were clearly let down. The failure of Perriman is probably the biggest disappointment of the year
    What makes it worse, I don't remember a single person that was happy we drafted him. I remember when he ran his pro-day 40 and told my buddy....Some team is going to be dumb enough to draft him in the first round......alas...here we are

landry is not a fit with joe or the offense.
    joe needs tall big guy bc he is not accurate.
    also no chance MM will use landry correctly.
    just waste of money if they sign himn

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    Landry fits with what MM does more than Joe fits what MM does.

none of our offensive players or schemes fit together its why we struggle.
    Burn it down

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    I think he would be fine here, he's a good chain mover and from what I remember he makes contested catches pretty well.
    Side-note, odd that he didn't have a single 100 yard game, but was 8 yards at most in 4 different games.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Goode05 View Post
    Maclin can't stay healthy what good is he? Teams don't dump good receivers. Reid knew what he was doing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Retaining Maclin is a non-starter to me. I won't call him soft, lest I be named an internet tough guy by the holier than thou crowd, but I don't think he's tough enough to play in this division and his performance against Pittsburgh cemented it. They were also better without him than with him. He's also hurt often. As strapped for cash as they are I can't see them keeping him even if they don't get a "hard upgrade" after they cut him. It was addition by subtraction during the season and it will be the same in the offseason.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Quote Originally Posted by HbgPARavenfan View Post

Ding
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    Ding
    This is the exact kind of offense that Landry would fit with.

Offense does not fit Joe though. However, I wouldn't say Landry is not a fit for Joe.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Quote Originally Posted by JonAB View Post
    Probably 4x60 would be my highest.. I should say I don’t actually think he’ll hit free agency. Even though Jville has spent a ton of money the past two years, they still have room to make it work with him, especially after they for sure cut Hurns. But if he becomes available the Ravens better go after him.
    I was thinking around the same level. I think that might be overpaying a bit given the risks associated with him, but I'd be willing to roll the dice on him since we have never had a true number 1 playmaking WR like he has the ability to be. Though, I agree they will likely Franchise him, and do whatever it takes to keep him in Jax unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by HbgPARavenfan View Post

This is our biggest issue, and why I think the coaching staff has failed since the superbowl team. We have no identity. Our offense suffers from Multiple Personality Disorder. It's why the front office can't find any players to fit or make an impact, aside from the fact they haven't invested much on that side of the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    This is the exact kind of offense that Landry would fit with.

Offense does not fit Joe though. However, I wouldn't say Landry is not a fit for Joe.
    Yeah, and unfortunately it's more important for the offense to fit with your QB than anything.

Somebody that has a proven history of GETTING OPEN and CATCHING THE BALL. I don't ask for much.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012