Page 3 of 100 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Who is on your WR wish list for 2018

Miller fights for any ball thrown his way and he’s quick and elusive after the catch. Sr is not a bad comp

I agree we need to see him against better competition

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Who is on your WR wish list for 2018

Davante Adams
    Jarvis Landry
    Marqise Lee/Allen Robinson

Courtland Sutton
    James Washington
    Christian Kirk
    DJ Moore

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NC Raven View Post
    For me it's Landry by a mile. Our offense needs his competitiveness. We do best with combative, physical, feisty receivers. We need a Boldin or a SSS and he's the most like that from what I've seen.

Competitiveness, routes, intelligence, hands. That's all that matters. Landry gives you that, and I'd pay a hefty price, to make it happen.

We don't need any more "deep threats." The organization is too chickenshit conservative to put the ball deep much to begin with. Our QB is lucky to land a deep ball within a 5 yard radius of the receiver anyway, even when we do call it. What other team do you see guys catching 40 yard passes while *facing the QB*?

We are what we are. Move the chains. Get me a guy you can throw a 7 yard hitch to on 3rd and nine and who will convert those last 2 yards through sheer will and grit. Get me a guy who will maintain a block on a running play.

Guys in college should really think about putting more stiff-arms to the grill on their game tape instead of trying to shave 0.02 off their 40 times. I don't care about your 40 time, kid. I care about how you compete.
    Agree about Landry. Plus, he’s only 24.

Sammy Watkins
    Jarvis Landry
    Allen Robinson

Courtland Sutton
    Simmie Cobbs
    Steve Ishmael

I'm betting Sammy is cheaper than the other two FAs. Jarvis may be prohibitively expensive.

All three of the draft guys are kind of "Fuck you, this ball is mine " types, which is what I think we need most.

Free Agents:
    1.) Watkins
    2.) Adams
    3.) Terrelle Pryor Sr.
    *I like Watkins in the 7-9 mil range, and think he would be good value at that price with high upside. Adams I like in the the 10-12 mil range, and I think he can be a true stud. Pryor I like in the 2-3 mil range as a buy low candidate that still has a slot of upside.

Draft:
    1.) Sutton
    2.) Washington
    3.) Simmie Cobbs Jr.
    *Sutton has a chance to be a very good, big bodied possession receiver that you can expect to go up and make the tough catch in traffic for you in crunch time when you really need it. Washington looks like he might be the best playmaker with the ball in his hands, and he looks like the most well polished overall. Cobbs looks like a similar player to Sutton, but perhaps with a little less athleticism.

TE:
    1.) Jimmy Graham
    2.) Fumagali
    *I know they aren't wide receivers, but they are receiving weapons. Either of these guys can be big bodies that will go up and make the tough catch in traffic for us.

Ultimately, I think we need to look for big, strong wide receivers with soft hands that excel at making difficult, contested, acrobatic catches to win jump balls. Joe's at his best when "throwing receivers open" in the 10-20 yard range downfield. Currently, we don't have a single guy on the roster capable of executing those types of plays. So, that's the kind of receiver I would target. Additionally, if you can get a playmaker that can turn nothing into something, that is always going to be coveted regardless of style. So, that's why I included the guys I did that aren't particularly large.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Agree about Landry. Plus, he’s only 24.

The Dolphins also don't seem to want to keep him. That's the 1 top WR that seems likely to hit the free agent market.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    The Dolphins also don't seem to want to keep him. That's the 1 top WR that seems likely to hit the free agent market.
    If the Ravens want to make a statement, Landry should be their guy.

Landry, definitely. He would give them that aggressive play making wide receiver in the prime of his career.

Landry, a 1st on Washington and a 2nd on Fumgali.

That's a real infusion of talent IMO.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

10. Re: Who is on your WR wish list for 2018

Doesn't Landry have domestic violence issues in his past?
    You guys wanna hear a funny joke?

DEAN PEES............That is all

landry would just run end arounds here lol

Draft DJ Moore and/or Sutton.

Sign Landry or Allen Robinson. I like Marqise Lee but he is in the midst of a breakout season and won’t come cheap. Neither will Landry, but maybe Robinson might with the injury concerns.

John Brown has flat out speed and could take over the Mike Wallace / Perriman deep threat role.

Another guy I might consider is TJ Jones, the WR with the Detroit Lions. He’s an unrestricted free agent next year, only 25, and has had some decent games this year (although he has had some injury issues too with his hamstring). Should be cheap and was a captain at Notre Dame with a 1000 yard receiving season in 2014.

One last guy whose career has been showing steady improvement and who should be entering his prime and still be relatively cheap is Dontrelle Inman who was traded to the Bears this past season by the Chargers. 6’3”, almost hit 1000 yards last season, good routes, good hands, plays aggressively.

Philip Rivers talking about Inman when he was with the Chargers: “As a quarterback and as a coach, if you want one quality for a player, you want them to have dependability,” Rivers said. “Dontrelle is a good player. He makes plays, runs good routes (and) does those things, (but) the main thing, is he is dependable. You can count on him to run the right route, to play any position (and) to do his job every day.”