Page 33 of 100 FirstFirst ... 3132333435 ... LastLast

Re: Who is on your WR wish list for 2018

Quote Originally Posted by IBleedPurple2127 View Post
    Some of my draft crushes at receiver:

- Simmie Cobbs put up some impressive numbers, yet he was still criminally underused at Indiana because Mike Debord is one of the worst coaches on the planet.

- Michael Gallup is my favorite underrated WR in the country. Has put up video game numbers for two straight seasons at Colorado State

- I nicknamed Allen Lazard "Alien" because of some of the freakish catches he will make. Such a dependable target with some very inaccurate QBs throwing the ball his way at Iowa State. He's a big fellah, so I'm sure someone will fall in love with his frame. He definitely uses it well.

- Auden Tate at Florida State is an interesting case. All he does is catch touchdowns...but he also seems to get injured every other play. It's a risky pick and I'm not 100% sure if he's declaring or not. If he falls to day 3, I think he's worth a serious look.

- Marcell Ateman gets overshadowed by James Washington at Oklahoma State. He is one of the best red zone targets in the entire country. If you throw him a jump ball, he's going to get it.
    Those last 3 I’d love to see in Purple. Lazard is a playmaker pure and simple. Like you said Tate only catches TDS. And Ateman is overshadowed by Washington which will maybe play into Ravens favor. I watched these dudes a lot this year. Tate cause I’m an FSU fan and the other 2 from Betting on their teams.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can we draft this guy? He has size and looks to have great hands.

https://youtu.be/kRZRP9K90rI

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ravensfan55 View Post
    Can we draft this guy? He has size and looks to have great hands.

https://youtu.be/kRZRP9K90rI
    I like Sammie Cobbs, but not before the 3rd round (since we have two picks there)... Bc

Impending free agent Allen Robinson (ACL) expects to be healthy and able to pass a physical before free agency opens in March.

Robinson was able to undergo surgery just days after tearing his left ACL in Week 1, suggesting the injury was a clean tear. Even though it is unlikely he will be 100 percent by the time free agency opens on March 14, this injury should not seriously damage his market. Robinson is likely looking for something close to the four-year, $58 million deal Davante Adams signed with the Packers in December.

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    Impending free agent Allen Robinson (ACL) expects to be healthy and able to pass a physical before free agency opens in March.
    I would bid on him. Cut Maclin, Perriman, Woodhead and at least one other guy, whose monies, + the rising cap would get you in the game for him. Make ARob your only big FA signing this year, and it is doable, I would think.

Jensen is the only Raven FA who will command big bucks, and you can solve the problem of losing Jensen by moving back in the first round to draft Billy Price (son of Mangold), or even Frank Ragnow. Price and Ragnow both very likely have earlier and higher ceilings than Jensen. Move up in the second round and get a fine WR.

Do it, O Oz!
    "Flacco is driving the ball in that wind....."

(AFCCG, January 2013)

6. Re: Who is on your WR wish list for 2018

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    Ozzie wouldn’t use a 2nd rounder on Myles Jack who had “potential” future knee issues. I don’t see us throwing $10m per year at a WR who hasn’t even recovered from an actual ACL tear yet.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaRaven View Post
    Ozzie wouldn’t use a 2nd rounder on Myles Jack who had “potential” future knee issues. I don’t see us throwing $10m per year at a WR who hasn’t even recovered from an actual ACL tear yet.
    Ozzie didn't use the 2nd rounder on Jack because of the context of just having lost the entire rookie year of his 1st rounder Perriman to injury the year before. And a 2nd rounder, Maxx Wms, who got hurt quickly. No doubt, the board would have roasted Ozzie for knowingly picking an injury-prone guy like Jack, if Jack did not heal up or got hurt again soon.

There were a bunch of people moaning for passing up Spence, too. Spence has had four shoulder surgeries in two years.

People love to use hindsight around here to show how easy it is to be a GM.
    "Flacco is driving the ball in that wind....."

(AFCCG, January 2013)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    An OAK beat writer alleges that they are moving on from Crabtree. If so, and whether he's a target or not, he'll impact our GMs beloved 30-and-over market.
    What people don't realize is the Ravens' routes are so next-level, that it takes 8 years in the NFL to learn how to run them correctly.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NC Raven View Post
    What people don't realize is the Ravens' routes are so next-level, that it takes 8 years in the NFL to learn how to run them correctly.
    You might be on to something

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaRaven View Post
    Myles Jack had microfracture surgery if I remember correctly. Significantly different than an ACL tear, which players regularly recover from. It seems Microfracture has gotten better in the past based on how Jadaveon Clowney has come back from his but it used to be a ticking time bomb. Who knows how long Jacks knee holds up, hopefully he has a long career but the skepticism from 32 teams at the draft was understandable. He was a top 10 talent.

Edit; he didn’t have microfracture yet, he had a torn meniscus but he expects he may have to have it some day down the road. Which explains his drop as it is often career ending.

Blog Entries

Allen Robinson is no 1 on my list and I wouldnt be afraid to give him Davante Adams deal. I think hes a better receiver.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JonAB View Post
    Allen Robinson is no 1 on my list and I wouldnt be afraid to give him Davante Adams deal. I think hes a better receiver.
    one really good season out of 3; coming off an ACL. I know we have a need but .. a big spend on him would scare me. In an ideal world he could come in on an incentive laden prove it deal, but that's not gonna happen; the reality is are gonna be teams willing to run up the price. I wouldn't be comfortable offering top dollar there, though I do like the player.