Page 4 of 100 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: Who is on your WR wish list for 2018

Landry and resign Wallace for me. Maclin hasn't done enough to justify being on the roster next year in place of those two. When can we get rid of Perriman?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

I would cut Maclin... re sign Wallace then sign Landry. I would use most of the draft capital to turn an over archiving OL into an elite OL. I would consider using a mid rd pick on another WR on top of that too. We need a TE and pass rusher aswell. Cap situation is looking better... maybe with some releases else where we could afford Wallace Landry and maybe someone like ziggy ansah?

Blog Entries

Just to be clear, you guys that want Landry are comfortable paying him 14M+ per year?

Keeping in mind that amount is in line with Demarius Thomas, Dez Bryant, and Julio Jones, AJ Green is at 15M and Hopkins at 16M? Doesn't that seem like...a little much?

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    Just to be clear, you guys that want Landry are comfortable paying him 14M+ per year?

Keeping in mind that amount is in line with Demarius Thomas, Dez Bryant, and Julio Jones, AJ Green is at 15M and Hopkins at 16M? Doesn't that seem like...a little much?
    That's market value. Yeah, I'd rather have Julio Jones for that $14MM, but he's not available, and Landry is. Guys get over paid when they hit the market. So if you want a #1 receiver in the prime of their career and not at the tail end (and Landry qualifies) then that's what you pay.

When everything shakes out this offseason, we are going to be in better cap shape than people think. There are a lot of vets who are going to be released, retired, or restructured.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    ...I would use most of the draft capital to turn an over archiving OL into an elite OL. ...
    The only place a pick improves the o-line is RT. You're not going to draft anyone who is better than Jensen at C. And even if Jensen moves on, you have a lot of talent at interior line with Yanda, Hurst (yes, he is playing very well at G,) Lewis, Siragusa, and Skura. I doubt you'd find anyone in the draft who'd be better at C than Skura at this point.

I could see using a high pick for a RT, and I could see a mid-round pick for a swing guy on the outside. But otherwise you're not going to do much to improve this line through the draft.
    "Chin up, chest out."

Who would people prefer between A-Rob and Landry?
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Free Agent = pay whatever it takes for Landry or maybe Watkins to a lesser degree

Draft = WR Sutton or TE Gesicki

DO WHATEVER IT TAKES TO GET JOE A LEGIT PLAYMAKER

Blog Entries

I guess I just don't feel as strongly about Landry as everyone else. I dig Landry's game, but that YPC scares me for a receiver you are paying that much to. I'd just like someone more dynamic if they are going to pay that much coin.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    Who would people prefer between A-Rob and Landry?
    I think Landry is probably the safest receiver they are going to have a chance to get any time soon, and there is something to be said for that. Robinson and some of the others have a (much) higher ceiling if you ask me but they also carry a lot more risk as well. And I say that being someone who really wants Robinson.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    That's market value. Yeah, I'd rather have Julio Jones for that $14MM, but he's not available, and Landry is. Guys get over paid when they hit the market. So if you want a #1 receiver in the prime of their career and not at the tail end (and Landry qualifies) then that's what you pay.

When everything shakes out this offseason, we are going to be in better cap shape than people think. There are a lot of vets who are going to be released, retired, or restructured.

The only place a pick improves the o-line is RT. You're not going to draft anyone who is better than Jensen at C. And even if Jensen moves on, you have a lot of talent at interior line with Yanda, Hurst (yes, he is playing very well at G,) Lewis, Siragusa, and Skura. I doubt you'd find anyone in the draft who'd be better at C than Skura at this point.

I could see using a high pick for a RT, and I could see a mid-round pick for a swing guy on the outside. But otherwise you're not going to do much to improve this line through the draft.
    Hurst won't be here next year

Part of me thinks A-Rob is a better fit to be a #1 in this offense given he can play downfield more than Landry.

That being said, Boldin did realyl well in the slot. If they do bring in Landry they need to have strong field stretchers. That's how Landry gets os much room to work, he has Parker and Stills that can take the top off the defense. And Landry does that with a carasouel of questionable QB's.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Blog Entries

I do not think Landry is going to get 14m/year. Slot WRs just dont bring what outside guys do. Look at Edelman, hes one of the best and has a very reasonable deal with the Pats, despite multiple teams bidding, including us.

Landry would be a guy that fits right player, right price and would instantly take over for woodhead in that role. Wed still like a RB to replace him, but hed get the majority of those 3rd down targets and check downs, thats his wheelhouse. dependable, space finder.

Adams is a good option, but he may actually get a larger contract from showing he can play on the outside, due to others injuries. Give the same tag, id rather have him than Landry, I think hes more dynamic, but I think Landry is more the type of guy the Ravens like. Fierce competitor and a higher floor, if lower ceiling.

allen robinson isnt going anywhere. Hes their best WR. If for some reason a team with ample cap space and playing well everywhere but QB wants to get rid of that player id gladly pay him a top WR salary, but wed be in a bidding war. He will not do a 1 yaer prove it deal off an ACL. If Pitta didnt have to do that off a hip injury, a premier talent isnt going to off an ACL.

the draft, im fine with Ridley, but he will go sooner than id prefer him, and most likely before our pick anyway. Hell struggle off the line in the pros, but if he fixes that, he could be dynamic. I think hell be a better pro than college player personally.

Christian Kirk probably fits the mold of what were lacking in a quick route runner. maclin is suppose to be that, but there has been some growing pains there and misuse imo. Id be fine with Sutton, St Brown, tate, and Cobbs. I think one of the top 4 would be ideal.
    -JAB

Quote Originally Posted by Goode05 View Post
    Hurst won't be here next year

I wouldn't count on that. He is *outstanding* for Marty's system. (Check out Filmstudy's repeated discussion of how often he pulls successfully.) If Marty stays, Hurst will have more value here than most other places.

He will probably have an opportunity for a starting job somewhere, so if Yanda doesn't retire probably the best he can hope for is to compete for the LG spot next year. So from that standpoint, yeah, he may be gone since we have a lot of cheap depth behind him. But as much as he sucks at tackle, he has been well above average at guard, and he's still young. For the right price, we would definitely keep him.

EDIT: Coincidentally, JustLoveMyBirds just linked this article showing Greg Roman's influence in the run game. It is a James Hurst highlight reel.
    Last edited by HotInHere; 12-14-2017 at 10:46 AM.
    "Chin up, chest out."

My top 3 FA wishlist would consist of:

Allen Robinson
    Marquis Lee
    Donte Moncrief

I would love for the Ravens to cut everyone but Moore and Wallace and sign all 3 guys. All 3 should be relatively cheap, which is a bonus and would each compliment Wallace (and to a lesser degree, Moore) in their own way. I don't think anybody mentioned Moncrief but early in his career I considered him a poor man's DeAndre Hopkins. I'm not sure why his career hasn't taken off though