Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Pass Rush (or lack thereof)

So I slept off the shitshow from last night and keep coming back to the same thing. Why can't we generate a pass rush?

Carr got shredded by AB but I blame most of last night on not getting to Ben. Why do we continue to blitz DB's and not Mosley?

What has happened to Michael Pierce? Long gone are the days of him collapsing the pocket.

Where are Matt Judon, Tim Williams and Tyus Bowser? These guys were supposedly the solution to our pass rush woes.

It's turned into if Suggs doesn't get there....the pass rush doesn't either.

Are Za Smith and Urban really this important on our Dline?

Just very confused.
    "When you go into the lions den, you don't tippy-toe in. You carry a spear. You go in screaming like a banshee and say, 'Where's the son of a bitch?""
    - Brian Billick - postgame after beating Titans in Divisional playoff 2001

Twitter handle: @radams8483

2. Re: Pass Rush (or lack thereof)

Quote Originally Posted by RavensNest View Post
    So I slept off the shitshow from last night and keep coming back to the same thing. Why can't we generate a pass rush?

Carr got shredded by AB but I blame most of last night on not getting to Ben. Why do we continue to blitz DB's and not Mosley?

What has happened to Michael Pierce? Long gone are the days of him collapsing the pocket.

Where are Matt Judon, Tim Williams and Tyus Bowser? These guys were supposedly the solution to our pass rush woes.

Just very confused.
    Pees

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Re: Pass Rush (or lack thereof)

Just very confused.
    I saw Tim Williams getting man handled on that last series. All i saw was long hair, and Williams Jersey getting pushed about 8 yards backwards.

I have seen nothing from him yet that is living up to the hype.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AmishlandRavenFan View Post
    Pees

Pees doesn't actually play. Like can we not win a 1v1 battle with our supposedly great Dline? Pees tried to bring pressure and 75% of the time there is a wide open underneath guy .
    "When you go into the lions den, you don't tippy-toe in. You carry a spear. You go in screaming like a banshee and say, 'Where's the son of a bitch?""

Blog Entries

Pass rush got home 2x on last series but Ben was strong enough to get rid of the ball. That game was on the platter for someone, ANYONE, on our defense to make 1 play. We can blame this on Pees or Ozzie or whatever..... but I still think we lack leadership on defense (not the Ra Ra but by action).

Blog Entries

They aren't the answers. Judon, while good in other areas, is not a good pass rusher on a down to down, game to game basis. Williams and Bowser are both rookies, they have room to grow but were not going to be "the answer" this season. This was my #1 concern with this defense. You put a lot of good secondary players together but you lacked the elite pass rusher that would make it all tick. I was saying this back in like June. You can get away with it when you are playing backups and to a lesser extent when you have Jimmy out there, but with him gone the DBs are not going to hold up forever.

Just very confused.
    Im confused as well. We drafted a plethora of pass rushers. We even blitz last night and still generated zero pass rush. There were times ben had 4-6 seconds even when we did bring an extra 1-2 defenders.

The defense is good, but like they have for 5-7 years.... they fail in the clutch. We have no consistent pass rush which is the biggest reason why (IMO)
    Burn it down

Quote Originally Posted by sawraven1 View Post
    I saw Tim Williams getting man handled on that last series. All i saw was long hair, and Williams Jersey getting pushed about 8 yards backwards.

I have seen nothing from him yet that is living up to the hype.
    He should only be in on long distance passing downs. Pees put him in on the strong side of a 3rd & 1 at our 10 yard line. Easiest audible of Ben's life. Inexcusable coaching.

A lot of it was schematic. They we're playing read and react on the DL, engaging the OL and waiting for something to happen. It's what you do when you want to confine a mobile QB to the pocket and you think your secondary can hold up. I think Pees was watching the wrong game film, maybe from 2006 instead of 2016.

It was the worst defensive game plan I have ever seen, full stop.

Blog Entries

Nothing 2 or 3 more draft picks can't fix

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pass Rush (or lack thereof)

I like Brandon Williams but we overpayed. If 4 DLineman can’t collapse a pocket in today’s NFL than they do not deserve massive contracts.

12. Re: Pass Rush (or lack thereof)

Pees doesn't actually play. Like can we not win a 1v1 battle with our supposedly great Dline? Pees tried to bring pressure and 75% of the time there is a wide open underneath guy .
    We'll fix that problem when we invest 90% of our off-season - free agency and draft - on the defense. Wait. What? We already did that? Weird.

My complaint was not about Pees being passive versus bringing pressure, it was about Pees being Pees. You know the scene in Christmas Vacation when Clark is in the attic and keeps getting hit in the head? That's Pees.

Yes, he brought pressure - the same, telegraphed safety blitz and one-sided overloads that the Steelers adjusted to and picked-up over and over again.

And then there was the jam the line and drop into coverage formation - brilliant except for the fact that neither ILB could cover their TEs. So, what does Pees do? Rinse and repeat.

The old expression is, "if it ain't broken, don't fix it."

Pees has it backwards - "if it ain't working, keep trying it."